Didn't go over cal limits THXGIVING DAY success stories

Options

Replies

• topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My husband and I exercised hard at the gym this morning so we would have plenty of wiggle room for all the extras we knew we would eat today. I stayed under calories but my macros are a mess. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I did really good today...only because we planned to have a Thanksgiving late lunch....and it ended up being dinner.
  • cadynappi
    Options
    Worked out early in the morning. Did a little more than an hour of cardio. Used portion control and didn't have seconds. I did have dessert sliver of pies. My daily calorie intake is 1500, I went over this cause I ate back exercise calories today
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't know because I am to lazy to log on a holiday ;-) I like to live a little !

I didn't log either. I enjoyed a few bites of everything and stopped when I was full. It was a perfect day for me!
  • myfriendb00
    myfriendb00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nope I stayed under! I never go over because then I wouldnt be happy with myself. I have adopted the theory "eat to survive" Food is a momentary pleasure...eat it..its gone. Until it shows up as an additional 30 lbs one day! I had alittle of most things...but portion control is the key. And then made sure to do my miles!!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i came in under my maintenance calorie goal, also. the Thanksgiving meal was the usual ~2,000 calories, but i offset by skipping lunch and by exercising all day long. i am now very tired, but happy. luckily, we had a beautiful day, so i was able to exercise outside. count that among the many things that i am thankful for.
  • muditamom
    Options
    Hiked for about 9 miles with a 1000 foot climb gave me lots of extra calories. Had lobster for Thanksgiving and didn't eat any bread, stuffing or gravy because I KNEW I wanted dessert. Had some pumpkin soup, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted Brussels sprouts too.
    It was a delicious dinner and I have a cooked turkey breast at home to eat with veggies or salad tomorrow. My son who is training for a marathon can eat all the dressing and gravy....but he is very health conscious and doesn't overdo it.
    Wore a very cute new skirt and enjoyed my meal and felt and looked good too. Lots to be grateful for MFP.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    not sure if I ate more carbs or fat
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Nope. I ate all the food.....at least 1200 cals over...and loved every bit of it. I had roast duck, mashed potatoes, fresh bread, corn bread, salad, 2 pieces of pumpkin pie, wine, cheese, crackers.....I have no regrets. I eat smart every day, I work out hard, one day of indulgence is fine every so often.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on healthy eating and exercise. I biked hills for 2 hours this morning and ate my regular meals with turkey as my protein for supper. Stayed on track with my calories and feel great. I don't eat desert because it sets off sugar craving for me. But I had half of a really great taxing pink lady apple. I feel thankful this thanksgiving and it's not about the food!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I went over by about 344 cals. For T'giving, I really don't think it is that terribly bad. I'll take it. I have gone over more than that on non-feast days.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    According to my tracking I went over by 84 calories ... But I have not been counting exercise cals at all. I ran/walked three miles this morning and did about 30 minutes of PT afterward. I am totally full, ate everything I like and even ate pie. Today was great. I am full, satisfied and had I tracked exercise calories I would have been almost 500 under.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Set my limit at 6,000 - looks like I may come under
  • OTlove1
    OTlove1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did not go over my calories!!! (Though I did have to eat all my exercise calories...) But I am very proud of myself!!! I got up at 7am and worked out for 30 minutes extra! Giving me nearly 2,000 calories to enjoy today! I didn't get seconds but had a healthy serving of all my favorites and my new recipe with orange liqueur cranberry sauce...delicious! I'm proud of myself for having some self control. Hey! I think this dieting craziness is getting a bit easier for me! :) Success.
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    well I didnt get a chance to long dinner since it was already made when I arrived. But I am proud of myself because I ate small portions because i didn't know how many calories i was eating... & I even worked out =] I was full after I ate but I wasn't stuffed. which I'm content with.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    wow--seriously? This thread makes me want to cry. Congrats..I guess. ::scratches head::
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Set my limit at 6,000 - looks like I may come under

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I exercised this morning when I got up. I drank a lot of water and then when we ate I ate my plate full and a half piece of pumpkin pie and stopped. Everyone had beer and chips and dip later and I had water. I wasn't really all that hungry and thought if I started I wouldn't stop. It was a great Thanksgiving. Missing my mom this year as she passed away on Sept 1st. It wasn't the same without her and her good food. I am cooking at my house on Sat. for the 4 of us and I know I can do it again. I will be in control of the cooking so Saturday will be even easier.
    Have a great night all! Up early to exercise. I saw a lot of people in line for the stores this evening!!! YUCK!
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    oops and I was under on calories by 300! That is a first for me!!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance so it's not that hard to stay on track, but I did go over on CARBS so many carbs!!! dinner was just a plate of turkey to get some more protein :) Otherwise I was pretty good, probably only slightly over since everything was an estimation from the generic items.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!