30 Day Shred-J. Michaels-anyone interested?

Options
124»

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just ordered 30 Day Shred from Amazon on Friday with 3 lb weights so I am looking to get started within the next week. I am looking to not only lose weight, but tone as well. Doing this with others will be so cool. :happy:
  • shargardy
    shargardy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too, just done day 5 :-). Still can't do the whole workout without stopping but I don't skip any, just pause the dvd for a few seconds to drink some water and then carry on. I know she says not to but I couldn't do it else!! I started with 1kg weights but can now use 2kg for some of the exercises.
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting diet again.....again. Hoping to see some success to keep me motivated. Back up to 182 ugh. Goal weight around 140 ish.
  • Chowmeingrl
    Options
    I'm about to purchase it myself. At first I was a little skeptical about it, but now that I see people trying it, I'm gonna try it myself. I'm game! =)
  • kiwi321
    kiwi321 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    tmmrw is my 3rd day of level 2 of the 30 day shred
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I've looked at the 30 Day shred. There are three levels (so three values) for the program. How do you plan it? 10 days for each level? I'm not sure how to do it and I don't have a DVD, so need to do from youtube. Please enlighten me. :)

I've tried and failed at it before and I'm failing at my goal to lose 5 kgs before Christmas. :(

My plan is to do the 30 Day shred every morning and on alternate days workout at the gym. I start from tomorrow (Monday)

Feel free to add me as your friend. I would love some motivation from y'll.

Thanks!
  • Brady12lover
    Options
    I actually have the dvd but haven't even opened it UGH..this would be a great way to start :)
  • shargardy
    Options
    Hello all,

I've looked at the 30 Day shred. There are three levels (so three values) for the program. How do you plan it? 10 days for each level? I'm not sure how to do it and I don't have a DVD, so need to do from youtube. Please enlighten me. :)

I've tried and failed at it before and I'm failing at my goal to lose 5 kgs before Christmas. :(

My plan is to do the 30 Day shred every morning and on alternate days workout at the gym. I start from tomorrow (Monday)

Feel free to add me as your friend. I would love some motivation from y'll.

Thanks!

Hi, yes the plan is to do 10 days at each level but I have read that others have varied the workouts to avoid doing the same workout 2 days in a row. After day 2 of level one all my muscles were aching so I tried level 2 in an attempt to use different muscles! Wow!! Days 4 & 5 have been back to level 1, haha!!
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    on day 5, found that the knees wont let me do some of the moves...:(
  • shargardy
    Options
    I actually have the dvd but haven't even opened it UGH..this would be a great way to start :)

Yes, and you can just about do all 30 workouts before Christmas :-)
  • shargardy
    Options
    on day 5, found that the knees wont let me do some of the moves...:(
    That's a shame, sounds like you should rest them for a few days. I've found that one of my knees is painful if i move it wrong but isn't hurting during the exercise (yet!). Hopefully the stretches will help.
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on, following level 1 for 10 days then moving up. Using 3lb weights.

2 days down, 28 to go
  • pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I actually just finished the full 30 days of the shred for the first time yesterday, and I'm ready to go for round two - this time with heavier weights! I saw some amazing results in the last 30 days, and what's more.. I actually STUCK with something! It's such a great feeling. I lost about 15lbs and toned up A LOT. You guys are gonna love it!

I'm an awesome cheerleader, so please feel free to add me as a friend! We're all in this together :)
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started yesterday and got my butt kicked bad. I'm taking today off cause my bad knee ( preexisting injury) buckled on me. But I'm back on the wagon tomorrow bright and early. If anyone wants to be friends feel free to add me! :)
  • mleparton
    Options
    I just started today, level 1 day 1...It's not too bad although I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow!! lol...Feel free to add me as I'm looking for some new friends that are doing the same thing!
  • diamondwithin
    Options
    Think i'm going to start this tomorrow or wednesday, going to do it along side RI30, one in the morning and one in the evening :) should get some good results by doing this, not going to follow the meal plan though as my eating habits are already pretty clean, similar to the 'clean & Lean Diet'.
    would love a buddy to do this alongside to, add me and we can help keep each other motivated! :P
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was planning to start today but had two sick kids. My husband works late tonight so I won't be able to start until the morning. Are you going to start a new group? Different thread each day? How do we keep track of each other? :)
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 today...oh my gosh. I quit 2 times today but I restarted each time and I kept with it though. I had to do the modified push up, I could barely do the lunge....im not sure if it's the carpet in the house or what...bc i do lunges and havent had difficulty like this. i was able to do the jump rope on the last go around, the previous times i hoped from one foot to the other.

i definetly feel like i worked out. i feel guity for "cheating" but i felt like i couldnt push through the burn. For example, back to the lunges, my knees sounded like sand when i was doing it. i have had this sound before when walking steps but it has greatly decreased since i have lost 20 lbs (-20 since end of sept) Has anyone else experienced this? i know it's weight related, but did you modify the lunges?

im doing this for 30 days. this is my christmas gift to myself. any support would be appreciated. friend me, i encourage others and love when i get it back.
  • pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think we should make a group? I'm happy to start it!

Edit: I went ahead and made a group. Please feel free to join and invite anyone who is interested!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9877-30-day-shred-holiday-shredders