Options
13»

Replies

• jlbamagirl68
    Options
    I use Truvia to taste. :smile:
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Cinnamon! And vanilla extract! And stevia or another sweetener alternative. All work great.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I can't eat it plain either, so I add plain to the fruit on the bottom kind and now I'm eating a lot less sugar that way. Maybe you could mix plain and vanilla?
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    add protein powder,vanilla flavour ,and cinamon
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like added peanut butter
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I add PB2 and Kashi to plain Greek yogurt.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    first of all depending on the brand the sugar is coming from the fruit added. so if you stick to the ones with real fruit the sugar should not be much of a worry especially if you are eating them for breakfast. you are going to need that boost of sugar to get you through the morning or through your workout if you do morning workouts.
  • H217
    H217 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like adding cooked fruit (mixed berries, pineapple, peaches etc.) and a little bit of cinnamon. Peaches and nectarines are especially sweet.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    AS well as fruit I then sprinkle on top sesame seed, sunflower seed and chopped walnuts. delicious
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I use the flavoured ones but just have a half serving of it now, adding the same amount of no-salt cottage cheese.

1/4 cup fat free lime greek yogurt
    1/4 cup 2% no-salt cottage cheese

110 calories, 11g carb, 13g protein, 2g fat, 9g sugar, 42mg sodium
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I get the Dannon Light & Fit flavored kind. It's 80 cal & 12 gm of protein per cup. I've had the strawberry and blueberry and they're pretty good.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yoghurt with about 5 strawberries cut up, or 10-20 raspberries. If you limit the amount of fruit, it's not too much sugar, and I pick low fructose fruit, because I'm fructose intolerant. I've been reducing the amount of fruit I put in because of my intolerance, and it takes a few days to get used to the less sugary, more tangy taste.

My husband will eat greek yoghurt with walnuts and honey.

As long as you measure what you put in, you can make sure the sugar content is lower than the flavoured yoghurts you've been buying.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Learn to love it without sweeteners? I love it with some Kashi cereal thrown in and a bit of powdered cinnamon