who is up for losing 9 lbs by the end of the year?

Options
I need motivation, I feel like I fell of the wagon and I am so scared of gaining any of what I lost back ( I lost about 21 lbs). I am travelling right now so joining the gym will be so hard. I try to keep active by taking the stairs instead of taking the elevator, I walk around the office, mall wherever I can walk. I do push ups and cruches at least 5 times a week.
I weighed myself this morining and I saw that I have gained 4 lbs, it felt like someone slapped me on the face real hard. I decided what I really need is motivation and support. None of the people I know currently want to lose weight so I thought maybe my fitness pal buddies, and I can stand side by side to lose weight !

Replies

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Maiseyy,
    Hi, I'd like to challenge you to the 9 lbs by the end of the year! I'm with you!! I read your post, then, thought about it for a bit and gave it some serious thoughts and I now KNOW that I'm up for the challenge!! I think this is a great challenge. Two lbs per week, plus and extra pound thrown in, should be a great weight loss!! Think how good we will feel at the end of December when we achieve this goal.!!!!!

My name is Amy. & I'm 48 yrs old---so, it will be harder on me to loose the weight than you...hehe, but, I won't let that stop me. I live in Jacksonville, FL (NE Florida). I've been on MFP for 6 months and I need some more motivation now. My biggest problems involve eating the wrong foods and eating when I'm not hungry. But, I've made a conscious effort to notice this, and make changes, starting this week---before I ran across your post.

I look forward to being there for you and helping to motivate you along too. I hope that while you are travelling, that you find good places to walk--like malls or good neighborhoods or streets or parking lots....anywhere to get that great exercise in Maiseyy!! You can do this! I know you want to achieve it! Let's start today, and go for it. The sooner we start, the better! I plan on walking either 50 or 60 minutes today, at a good pace. How about you?

I hope that you want to do this with me Maiseyy!!! I'm looking forward to it already! If you want to accept me in this, you can add me as a friend.
    Amy
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maiseyy, and Amy
    I would love to do this challenge with you both.,
    with the holiday weekend now coming to a end I need some motivation I have allowed my self to eat the high fat, high calorie foods all weekend I am sure I have gained all of what I have already lost. I plan on exercising all week and lowering my carb intake in addition to adding my protean.
    My name is Robin I live in Vermont, born and raised in Palm Beach County (on the east coast) Florida Amy ;)..a few years back I lost around 70 lbs after my grandmother died. I thought I want to be around for my kids I need to change something since I am from a morbidly obese family. Once I reached my goal the scale would not move any more and I became burnt out on exercise. I have gained 15 lbs back and my doctor says for my height I need to be around 140 lbs so that means I need to lose about 36 lbs.

look forward to getting to know everyone up for this challenge, add me :)
  • Maiseyy
    Maiseyy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great to have you guys on board, thank you for the support! We will start today. We can weigh ourselves once a week, I usually weigh myself every Friday, but I wouldn't mind changing the day for any day you guys like!
    I usually fight my urge to eat by drinking water or eating a cucumber. If you guys have any ideas please feel free to let us know!
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Me!! It seems like I am stuck at 260, would love to be 245 at the end of the year though.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan :)
  • sarahbagley
    sarahbagley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! So, do we weigh in every friday then? i Can't wait to hear eveyone and their progress for the next 5 weeks or so! :)
  • miart65
    miart65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need some more motivation! My plan is to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and lift weights every day. I might try to add some more cardio in there too. Feel free to do this with me if anyone wants. And I'd love to have some more friends so we can help each other out.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I think that is an good idea that we weigh every week. Friday is ok with me too. But, I do feel that we should get a starting weight today,...just to start off with at least. It will motivate us better.

Maiseyy, that's a good idea about drinking water when you are tempted by food. I will try that for a few days. Thank you!

Amy
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Me to I'm hoping to lose 8-9 lbs in the next 4 weeks
  • GGJane
    GGJane Posts: 15
    Options
    I will also join in and try for a goal of a 9 pound loss by the end of the year! I am only on day 2 but feel motivated! I assumed I'd be very sore today from HOURS of dancing, stretching, stationary bike and walking...but wrong, I am not even a teeny bit sore, so today I will amp it up! Not bad for a 52 year old if I do say so myself. So here we go, a goal of 9 pounds it is then by Dec 31. GGJ
  • U81fA1th
    U81fA1th Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love a challenge, so count me in. I weigh in every Monday and I will keep you posted :happy: Here's to our success...cheers :drinker:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 9 more pounds too
  • mackzaj
    Options
    ME! That'll get me to 200lbs even and halfway to goal. :D
  • sarahnyy51
    sarahnyy51 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-)
  • DIEINGTOLOSE
    Options
    I am in as well!!
    I just opened my MFP and an SO excited to get my body back in shape! Please add me so we can motivate each other through this next month.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. I would love to start the new year as "overweight" rather than "obese". That would be a great Christmas and New Year's present to myself and this challenge will get me there. :love:
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OOOOOH OOOOOH I would love to be apart of this, how do we keep up with everyone?
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'll do it (: