diet pop?

Options
124»

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am a holistic nutritionist. I won't pick up a medical journal.

While I understand holistic nutrition I'd rather trust my information from a study and scientific proof.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

... oh.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I can't STAND lazy people. I said if you DOUBT it or need additional information to GOOGLE. Yet you ask ME to produce "research". What am I. . .your slave? So I took a minute to Google like I asked YOU to do if you needed more info. here is a *kitten* link.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm
    If you are unaware of the rules of debate, when someone makes a claim, BURDEN OF PROOF is on the person to provide it. It's not up to people who question it to "look it up". If you state it, then provide proof for it, or it's just hearsay, anecdotal, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

... oh.

....okay.
  • shelly509
    shelly509 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive read and heard that drinking diet is actually worse for you then if you would have drank a regular soda. I pretty much stick with water so I don't know how it effects your weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Because you don't believe in medicine? Or because it defies some "holistic" approaches with actual science?

IDEA Fitness member
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone has candida in their bodies. It feeds on sugar, fake sugar, carbs and many other foods. When men get that "beer belly" and women get "bloat" it is from an overgrowth of candida. It's called, "beer belly" bc beer has yeast which also causes over growth. We all have it. Google and read, I don't want to be an educator here.
    I've Googled and read several times about this and what you're claiming is pretty much 99% untrue.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If this girl does not get a Diet Mtn Dew or Diet Dr Pepper on occassion, some one will get hurt. The caffeine withdrawal is likely giving you headaches. Don't quit it cold turkey. Figure out how much you are drinking and start cutting back. IF you want. I had a hard time at first, but mostly drink water or Crystal Light now.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    after having type one diabetes for 28 years, that is ALL I can drink so I know every flavor. My faves are diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mountain Dew and A&W Diet Root Beer. YUM! And if they caused cancer I think I'd be dead by now! lol.......
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Ive read and heard that drinking diet is actually worse for you then if you would have drank a regular soda. I pretty much stick with water so I don't know how it effects your weight loss.
    Worse in what way?

IDEA Fitness member
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Moderation in all things. Diet soda has little or no calories. It's basically flavored, carbonated water. I think the bigger issue is the artificial sweetener, a long and controversial subject that you will get 50 different opinions on. I drink diet Coke once in a great while. It's cold, it's wet, and it tastes good. If caffeine is causing your problems, get the uncaffeinated stuff.
  • rml_16
    Options

And there it is.

I will not ever listen to a bit of advice you offer, then.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

And there it is.

Don't worry, they might be a nutritionist, but they don't want to be an educator.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    due to supply and demand I'm going to recommend everyone stop drinking it. It WILL make you fat

How will diet pop make you fat?

Trust me, it's science

Sure...

Nothing wrong with drinking diet pop.

Look I'm no food additive engineer... But I believe the chemicals just get stuck in your body and they make you fat

Yup.. that's exactly how it works.

Doesn't matter how many calories you eat, how much exercise you do but instead it's the chemicals...

Functioning organs take care of any issues.

For someone who is as adept as you are at using sarcasm, I would have expected you to be able to recognize it too.

Jof!!! you just had to kill the fun did you.

It's what I do.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my weight without even cutting back. I drink about 48 oz. of Coke Zero or Diet Dr Pepper plus about 48 oz. of Crystal Light every day.
  • rml_16
    Options

And there it is.

Don't worry, they might be a nutritionist, but they don't want to be an educator.
    Good point.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

It's what I do.

at least you are good at it.....

very very very good at it....

(removed all prior posts so that people can wonder just what Jof is good at)
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I drink one 20oz diet soda each day. I don't drink coffee so it is my pick me up. I don't where people get that there is so much sodium in diet drinks. Diet coke has 70mg of sodium for a 20oz bottle that takes me 4 to 5 hours to drink. Some people need to actually look at the information on the backs of the bottles lol. It hasn't effected my weightloss negatively. I am at at goal and have been maintaining for a year. As far as bloating goes. I don't have that problem because the rest of the time I drink water.