Going from *kitten* to fit!

Options

Replies

• Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Very well done and very impressive that you are still on the same weight. I hope more people see this to help them understand how much of a difference weight lifting can make.

A solid strength + hypertrophy training routine is the best form of physical exercise in my book. It will give you all the health benefits, it will prevent injury an make you stronger, it will make give you the best looking physique and it's just fun to do!
  • Game8
    Options
    Them quads!!!!

Most guys at my gym don't even hit legs. They look ridiculous walking around like half empty tooth pastes lol.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I find on MFP that so many guys end up being super skinny though they may look "fit." It's nice to see that you didn't drop to 160 lbs to accomplish what you have. You look fabulous! Damn!

Edit: I hope you don't plan on losing that 19 lbs that your posts say you want to. :o(
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Note to self...get to the gym and do WEIGHTS!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    ahem, yummy. In all three pics. just sayin'
  • Game8
    Options
    I find on MFP that so many guys end up being super skinny though they may look "fit." It's nice to see that you didn't drop to 160 lbs to accomplish what you have. You look fabulous! Damn!

Edit: I hope you don't plan on losing that 19 lbs that your posts say you want to. :o(

Don't worry, 200 lb more or less will remain my goal weight.
  • Game8
    Options
    Note to self...get to the gym and do WEIGHTS!!!!!:bigsmile:

That's the way to go!
  • Game8
    Options

There, the ticker is gone, happy now? :)
  • Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Blimey - well done!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    wow impressive !
  • lukedonohue
    Options
    Great work mate.
    Can I ask what type of diet you ate (high protein/standard mixture etc)

I'm just starting out at 218lbs and aim to end up at 190lbs (5'10")
  • anesthesiaaa
    anesthesiaaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome how different one weight might look. You are an inspiration to all who only measure weight like I do so far:-) How do you measure your body fat level?
  • Game8
    Options
    Great work mate.
    Can I ask what type of diet you ate (high protein/standard mixture etc)

I'm just starting out at 218lbs and aim to end up at 190lbs (5'10")

More or less %50 carbs, %30 protein, %20 fat
  • Game8
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome how different one weight might look. You are an inspiration to all who only measure weight like I do so far:-) How do you measure your body fat level?

There are formulas you can use, electronic machines and you can just survey experienced people who can just tell from looking at you.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Congrats. What exercises did you do?

In my workouts I tried to stick to compound movements and do 1 exercise for each body part. Here's a typical workout I'd do:

3 sets of:

Squats
    Barbel rows
    Inclined dumbbell press
    Shoulder press

2 sets of:

Triceps push down
    Biceps dumbbell curls
    Side lateral raises

And for abs all I did was planks

*wanders off to do first plank in months...* that's amazing, great results, well done :-)
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great to see you accomplished all of this through a no nonsense approach. Simple yet very effective! Well done!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You look hawt, I mean great :wink: But seriously, great job!! Proof that the scale means nothing
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Them quads!!!!

Most guys at my gym don't even hit legs. They look ridiculous walking around like half empty tooth pastes lol.

hahahaha that is a hilarious analogy!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I can see this being possible at 20 yo. I was able to drop 7 lbs in a week back then...those days are LONG GONE! Haha! Keep up the great fitness work.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Oh wow....:noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!