EAT GIRLS! EAT!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am short. (5'2) I maintain on 2,100-2,400/day. My TDEE is 2,100.

1900/day or less I immediately see a loss. Being short is not an excuse for under eating, and it never will be.

Netting 1400 calories is fine for lots of people, but eating 1400 total and exercising half of it off -- not OK. Never will be. Argue until you're blue in the face. Even the posts from people who did VLCDs and lost their hair and suffered horribly from it -- people argue. It's just.. whatever. Do whatever you want to your bodies, but don't FR me unless you want a foot up your butt.

^^^ are you from NJ perchance? You sound like a Jersey Girl!! Gotta love it! :)

Hahaha I was born in NJ! Just moved away from NYC :) I can't believe you could tell that.
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    Either there's an awful lot of starving young girls on here or they are all lying on their food diaries...

EAT GIRLS!!!!!!!!! I'm twice your age, eat twice as much as you, and am smaller than some of you!! Stop the madness! Skinny is NOT where it's at, HEALTHY is! You're messing up your metabolisms and when you get to my age, you will not be able to maintain your weight!!

Well said and totally agree, I'm 44, lost 17kg a couple of years ago, life change and I ended up putting 10kg back on but have since lost it again in 3 months. I have 2 to go making a total loss of 30kg. It can be done with eating.:) :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But do you REALLY think it is wrong for me to tell an 18yr old girl that it's "okay" to eat 600 cals??

Yes I do.

Troll ^^

:huh:
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hear Hear, well said!
    Sick of having MFP 's that log a couple of oreos, of two lollies a day etc etc, NOT good, not healthy and not advisable.
    I want to support anyone, but in a safe and responsible, understanding manner, and I DO NOT understand this!
  • skp200
    Options
    I want to loose quickly, and I figure that I can jump start my diet by doing a cleanse of veggies only for a week. Once I get past the first week, I'll add in fruits and health smoothies with lean protein. Doesn't sound like a bad plan. Also trying to work out 3x week. Thoughts?

It's hard to "eat eat eat" when all your friends are on a 500 cal diets and they are loosing and looking great (and seemingly keeping it off).
  • KarinaaD
    Options
    But I don't want to eat girls... I am not into cannibalism.

HAHAHAHAH :laugh:
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    I wish I could eat properly I'm just getting my appetite back after a "breakup diet".. I completely lost my appetite I couldn't eat at all. I have no energy to exercise but I've lost about 5kg from the stress and loss of appetite. It is hard to eat so much to stick to the daily food intake requirement I find it quite difficult... but MFP is great so at least I can see where I'm at it's a kick in the guts really to see the toll stress can take. I'm sure there are other girls finding it hard too.. it's not that we're intentionally starving ourselves.

Are you being sarcastic?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    But do you REALLY think it is wrong for me to tell an 18yr old girl that it's "okay" to eat 600 cals??

Yes I do.

Troll ^^

:huh:

I dont get it.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Yes I do.

Troll ^^

How is that trolling? It is NOT okay to tell an 18 year old girl that's it's okay to eat 600 cals. Ever.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I want to loose quickly, and I figure that I can jump start my diet by doing a cleanse of veggies only for a week. Once I get past the first week, I'll add in fruits and health smoothies with lean protein. Doesn't sound like a bad plan. Also trying to work out 3x week. Thoughts?

It's hard to "eat eat eat" when all your friends are on a 500 cal diets and they are loosing and looking great (and seemingly keeping it off).

What you don't see is the damage they are doing to their body. Forget "quick" and do it "smart".
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
    Either there's an awful lot of starving young girls on here or they are all lying on their food diaries...

EAT GIRLS!!!!!!!!! I'm twice your age, eat twice as much as you, and am smaller than some of you!! Stop the madness! Skinny is NOT where it's at, HEALTHY is! You're messing up your metabolisms and when you get to my age, you will not be able to maintain your weight!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Bumping so that this will show up on my feed.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    (I'm talking about NET calories in this post)

I find that if I have 1,200 a day, I do lose weight, but quite slowly. If I eat 1400ish, I lose weight consistently and more quickly. If I eat 1600, I maintain. If I eat 1700 I gain. Have tried this for extended periods of time. So don't try and tell me to eat more!

so when you ay your talking about net calories you are saying that when you eat a net of 1400 calories a day you lose??
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

If you're going to be working out you HAVE to fuel your body properly. Trust me. I've fainted while working out because I was eating so little (1200 cals a day and then working out? Not wise grasshopper. Not wise at all). I've also had experiences of collapsing while working out because I didn't have enough water in me. So yeah... fuel your body or it's going to give out on you.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Yes I do.

Troll ^^

How is that trolling? It is NOT okay to tell an 18 year old girl that's it's okay to eat 600 cals. Ever.
    Correct.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I concur!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1240 calories per day, which MFP set for me based on a goal of losing one pound per week. My doctor said that I need to be certain not to go under 1200, so if I exercise, I need to eat my calories up to at least 1200.

I've said this on other forums, but I wonder if age is a factor. I'm 43 years old.

Also, I'm not rigid. I'm going to enjoy life, which sometimes includes birthday cake and Mexican food and pie. So maybe it's my occasional/regular fluctuations in calorie count that are making it so I'm still conisistently losing weight even though my goal (and typical) calorie consumption is in the 1200 area. I'm down 23 pounds since Sept 11, 2012.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You guys are all nuts! lol. trying to win a fight that doesn't have a winning side. Everyone is going to have their own ideas regardless of who deems them stupid or not. The people who want to eat a crazy low amounts well good for them, they will deal with the results. Same goes for the rest! lol.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    A lot of these women have eating disorders. As encouraging as your post is, it is not the cure for an eating disorder.

For the people who don't have eating disorders though, YES please eat 1200 or more!!! You will still lose!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Yes I do.

Troll ^^

I think there was a misunderstanding, or maybe a reading comprehension issue with this conversation. I am glad you are on the same page now:-)