EAT GIRLS! EAT!!!!!!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I had to delete a girl who ate no more than 500 cals a day and said she wants 0% BF --- uh really!?!?!? You can get that when you are DEAD!

I truly wish girls would not starve themselves.............

I have been deleting the "non-eaters" also. I had one girl who was eating nothing but iced tea and diet coke... REALLY??? I couldn't take it anymore!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I had to delete a girl who ate no more than 500 cals a day and said she wants 0% BF --- uh really!?!?!? You can get that when you are DEAD!

I truly wish girls would not starve themselves.............

I have been deleting the "non-eaters" also. I had one girl who was eating nothing but iced tea and diet coke... REALLY??? I couldn't take it anymore!

Yeah, but did you ever consider that...

...maybe her doctor prescribed that diet for her?
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There are so many anorexic girls seeking (and, sadly, getting) attention on here that I sometimes wonder if this is pro-ana site. For those girls, the OP does nothing. They won't just eat. A few have come one here to say that. That being said, I eat under 1200 all the time. I've always worked out and maintained a healthy weight, but when I reached my late 30's that didn't cut it anymore and I gained a ton of weight. I had to seriously cut out calories. I would never lose at anything over 1000! Even MFP sets my maintenance at 1280! So, the whole "just eat more" thing doesn't apply to everybody. I certainly wish I could eat more and maintain; I love food!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I know you have good intentions, telling people to eat, I mean starving isn't fun. I wish I could eat when I am hungry, go out with friends and not feel bad when I have some junk food, or any food to be honest. I want to have a normal outlook on food and not have it control me everyday from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. It sucks and it is so sad, I don't think many of you inderstand how much hatred you have to have for yourself to starve. I wish it were as easy as "just eat." It isn't and its scary.

Thing is, a lot of us DO understand exactly that. I have been where you are. I agree that saying "EAT MORE" isn't likely to work as I remember how my mind was back then and when people told me to eat more, I would dig my heels in and eat less. When I tried to eat more for, say, my mom, my throat would just close over. I literally couldn't swallow it. Followed by much crying and additional self-hatred. So when people post these things, and usually also say "GET HELP" that's where you might want to follow their advice. Seriously. If the day ever comes where you decide to relax or something happens that makes you do a mental 180 and starting over-eating, like some traumatic life event....well. Let's just say when that happened to me, you've never seen a person gain weight so rapidly. And it took along time to actually be able to lose again. Also, FYI, the fat come back in a whole new distribution, at least that's what happened to me. My metabolism was really screwed up, or something.

I was able to subsist on a few hundred calories a day with a real meal every third day or so for several years. It's something that would be nearly impossible to sustain for a lifetime.

Disclaimer: I am not saying this necessarily to the 1200-cal-day folks, maybe you have an excellent reason for eating that way and eat all your exercise calories back etc and that's cool, I'm just glad I'm not you, LOL. I'm saying this for the 300-600 cal people who also burn off 1000+ cals per day in the gym.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    extreme bump!!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am short. (5'2) I maintain on 2,100-2,400/day. My TDEE is 2,100.

1900/day or less I immediately see a loss. Being short is not an excuse for under eating, and it never will be.

Netting 1400 calories is fine for lots of people, but eating 1400 total and exercising half of it off -- not OK. Never will be. Argue until you're blue in the face. Even the posts from people who did VLCDs and lost their hair and suffered horribly from it -- people argue. It's just.. whatever. Do whatever you want to your bodies, but don't FR me unless you want a foot up your butt.

This is all true. I am 4'9.5" tall... I net about 1500 calories at the minimum a day usually I net between 1600 - 1800 calories a day.

Just because I am shorter than the average adult female is not an excuse to eat way less. In fact when I was eating 1200 calories I gained almost 10 pounds from my official start weight. Started eating more and boom... 15 pounds gone.

Edited to fix a sentence.

I'm 4'11". It is literally impossible to gain 10 real lbs (not water, but fat) eating 1200 calories a day and then lose 15 lbs (not water, but fat) eating 1600 - 1800.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty; but it's not because I'm trying to starve myself to loose weight fast. I could care less at this point how fast I loose it because I'll get to that point when I am supposed to.

I'm just at a loss at what to eat. One day I thought I was doing good but I was BARELY over 1200 calories. It might be because I just joined this site and I am waiting for payday to come around before I can go get groceries but it's still a struggle.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yea that would not be me. Right now I am walking 30 minutes a day and trying to get my portions under control. I plan on increasing the exercising and type of exercise but I needed to start off with something I could do without getting too depressed about it.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    How do I do that? I am fairly new to this site so I don't know how to open my diary.