is 140 too low for a tall guy

Options
124»

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    6'2" 140 lb is a good target if you're going for that "anorexic" look.

Geez, people think I'm skinny and I'm 6'1" 200 lb.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I note from most of your responses that none of these people are in the same position as you but are quite happy to tell you it's too thin! :ohwell:

This is the point of asking for an opinion. He asked, we all gave our opinion. Kind of like you did below :wink: .
  • bgrossman22
    Options

that's definitely not what I'm going for
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    'A couple of years ago' you were at most 20....

guys really don't start getting their adult weight until mid to late 20's, that's when IMHO they go from looking like Boy-men to a more mannish shape. (and no, not 'fat' but more mannish)

Think of it like bull elks...the older they are the bulkier and more 'elk-like' they look. Just a random thought.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

So essentially you want to be lean and cut? This just means low body fat. Adding muscle will just make it easier and more appealing (in the eyes of many, not all).
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    6'2" 140? Pretty sure that was the threshold for those trying to make cameo on the set of Shindler's List.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

guys really don't start getting their adult weight until mid to late 20's, that's when IMHO they go from looking like Boy-men to a more mannish shape. (and no, not 'fat' but more mannish)

Think of it like bull elks...the older they are the bulkier and more 'elk-like' they look. Just a random thought.

True.

I didn't gain any fat whatsoever until post-college.

I arrived 6'1" 145 (18yo)
    I left at 6'1" 165 (23yo)

165 lb was my original weight loss target, since that was the last thin # I knew. I had gotten up over 260 lb when I first started losing. My abs started showing when I got just under 200 lb and I ended my initial cut at 187 lbs. I've since put on some muscle mass (and cut the extra fat gain off) so am 200 lbs, but in the 10 years between graduating college, getting fat, then losing it, I put on 20+ lbs of muscle without touching a weight. I just grew up.
  • bgrossman22
    Options

I wish I had my younger brothers shape, he's tall and a little stocky
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    6'2" 140? Pretty sure that was the threshold for those trying to make cameo on the set of Shindler's List.

inb4 Christian Bale from the Machinist picture.
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and my goal was 161 lb, and looking at some of the progress pictures of tall women makes me think I've aimed too low. No 6"2 man should weigh 140 lb. You will look like a pepperami.
    Lol
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    I havent been 140 since i was about 10 years old.
    lol I was probably that weight then too
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    If your goal is to lose a gut, then why not just make that your goal, and let your weight fall where it falls?
    This is a better idea, thanks
  • bgrossman22
    Options

So essentially you want to be lean and cut? This just means low body fat. Adding muscle will just make it easier and more appealing (in the eyes of many, not all).
    yes
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and weigh 238. I can't even fathom losing 38 pounds to get to 200 let alone being under 200.... I say if you feel good and look good, maintain what you got but 140 seems really low for someone over 6ft. I'm gonna be on cloud 9 if I reach 220
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ewww! Yes! That is far far far too low. Why do so many guys on MFP want to weigh so little? Stop already!
  • bgrossman22
    Options
    Ewww! Yes! That is far far far too low. Why do so many guys on MFP want to weigh so little? Stop already!
    its not that I want to as much as I have a small build