being unemployed...goin a lil stir crazy.

Options
124»

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    i got a full time job working monday-friday 6am-2pm. I start monday. YAYY.

ill be like a zombie though working that early.. but that's ok.
    just wanted to share.

That is awesome! It will leave you from 2:30-5 for office hour interviews! very nice.
  • I have been out of work for almost 2 yrs. Still looking. I keep putting out applications. I was given some new advice, follow up after putting in an application or an interview, say... A week's time. I also spend time volunteering.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    1. Re evaluate your resume. If you have months or years of unemployment It looks very unattractive to employees. Fill it up with something - education, volunteering, part times.
    Try to present your skills and projects so it shows your advantages. I've recently received a résumé from a recent graduate from a very good Univercity. You never guess what she wrote in her resume - preparing coffee for boss. If that's how she presents herself, I am not interested in hiring her.

2. Show that you're interested in that position. Write a good cover letter explaining why you're interested and would be the best match for that job. Apply on the web site, send an email AND give them a phone call.
    Damn, when I wanted that specific job, I even stalked the boss of that time to know her plans, and would show up at the events so I could meet her. When I finally had a chance to talk o her, we started talking about the company, it's current position and plans, she was impressed with my knowledge. That's how I got my very first good job.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i got a full time job working monday-friday 6am-2pm. I start monday. YAYY.

ill be like a zombie though working that early.. but that's ok.
    just wanted to share.

Good job!! Congrats!
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    unemployed for a year so i decided to get a loan and go back to school. hopefully adding graphic design with my music business and marketing degree will help me get a job.