Examples of Body Fat % for men. With Pics

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

True

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks to OP for thrill of the day! Guys between 10 and 15 is delicious - less is a bit atrophied!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well to be honest I like the 30% more

Though mine is 19%, right in between the 15-17% & 20-22%

It's her body shape, she carries it well
    Yeah I guess so, like Kim Kardashian's body
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

True

It's incredible how they look so different from each other
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    :noway: Could guy number two even get to look like guy number one? It seems like his frame is much smaller but I am probably wrong.

True

• mrskchris
    mrskchris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great visual. I think I'll aim for the 20% max and 17% for the minimum. I still want to be a little soft and curvy.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    :noway: Could guy number two even get to look like guy number one? It seems like his frame is much smaller but I am probably wrong.

He absolutely could, it would take a couple of years of muscle building.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

Pics like these should serve as good guides for people.

Pics like these help make the mental realization that sometimes the answer isn't simply losing more body fat but instead gaining muscle mass.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I wonder if there is a comparison of females at 10-12% with a less muscular version. Would help with my goals.
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great visual. I think I'll aim for the 20% max and 17% for the minimum. I still want to be a little soft and curvy.

I think that's a great goal ;-)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

Pics like these should serve as good guides for people.

Pics like these help make the mental realization that sometimes the answer isn't simply losing more body fat but instead gaining muscle mass.

It should reduce the number of "I'm 150 lbs, but I want to lose the rest of the fat before I start gaining muscle" threads.

Nah, it won't.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

True

I agree with this.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

25% looks pretty damn good to me :bigsmile:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I want to be around 5-6 %
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

25% looks pretty damn good to me :bigsmile:

I was thinking 25-30%

If I actually looked like that at 30%, then I would be happy and go on maintenance.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

You can't hold that condition for more than a few days. Most guys can't even get to 7-8% without feeling like crap.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

You can't hold that condition for more than a few days. Most guys can't even get to 7-8% without feeling like crap.

Yeah a true 10% leaves most feeling tired, sore, and hangry all the time.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Yeah a true 10% leaves most feeling tired, sore, and hungry all the time.

Maybe I will reconsider in that case, (I think I'm around 11-12% at the moment)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

Yeah a true 10% leaves most feeling tired, sore, and hungry all the time.

Maybe I will reconsider in that case, (I think I'm around 11-12% at the moment)

A lot depends on genetics, but when you feel your libido take a dip, it's time to sound the alarm.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a comparison of females at 10-12% with a less muscular version. Would help with my goals.

Not 10-12% but this might help.

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg