Examples of Body Fat % for men. With Pics

Options

Replies

• wildfirediva
    Options
    mehe-rasvaprotsent.jpg

thin_women.jpg

Side by side both have the same percentage of body fat...Sure one may weigh less than another but they are both as "fat" as each other.
    For some it is still a matter of asthetics. But it is interesting to see it side by side...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For the record, I think all the guys in the original pic are hot except for 3-4% and the last 3 pics.

For me, I would agree, but I gotta let out the 6-7% guy too. Just eww. I want to shove a cake in his face and tell him to eat! :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks to OP for thrill of the day! Guys between 10 and 15 is delicious - less is a bit atrophied!

Atrophied? I don't think any of the guys in that first picture could be described as atrophied.
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    8.5%
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I like 10-15% for the men, 15-22% for the women. That first pic of the guy is just gross.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Nice to hear how horribly strict you gals are. Kind of sucks for us guys that are never going to be able to hit 10%.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 12% by Summer 2013.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Goodbye 7%. :( Hello fat turd 10%. :'(

If you think 10% is a "fat turd," you have issues.

^agreed. 10% is sexy.

Yea - 10% looks AMAZING
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mehe-rasvaprotsent.jpg

thin_women.jpg

Side by side both have the same percentage of body fat...Sure one may weigh less than another but they are both as "fat" as each other.
    For some it is still a matter of asthetics. But it is interesting to see it side by side...

love you for this!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I have seen threads like this before but they are always interesting. The amount of work that goes into building muscle and getting/staying lean is hard for a lot of people to understand. It also makes the case for why it is sooo important to maintain as much muscle as possible while losing weight.

Men and women losing muscle that may takes years to regain when they could have just altered their program to keep it in the first place.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    mehe-rasvaprotsent.jpg

thin_women.jpg

Woah... thigh gap...
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know that at age 50 I'm gonna have to work hard but I want to be in the 12-15% range. Just for once in my life, lol.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have seen threads like this before but they are always interesting. The amount of work that goes into building muscle and getting/staying lean is hard for a lot of people to understand. It also makes the case for why it is sooo important to maintain as much muscle as possible while losing weight.

Men and women losing muscle that may takes years to regain when they could have just altered their program to keep it in the first place.

Great point! My *main* worry in losing weight is for any of my muscle to go with it.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a pic showing me at different weight and bf %'s but I don't know how to add a pic here. Can someone help?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a pic showing me at different weight and bf %'s but I don't know how to add a pic here. Can someone help?
    In the Tech Support forum:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In the Tech Support forum:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial

Thank you :-)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear how horribly strict you gals are. Kind of sucks for us guys that are never going to be able to hit 10%.

Oh boo hoo, not every woman on the planet is going to find you attractive at any given point of time.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish there was a picture between 17-20% because i am definitely smaller thant 20 and definitely larger than 15-17% picture. MANNNNNN :(

Tbh - you will not look like either. There is a huge variation depending on distribution of BF and the amount of LBM.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Your bitterness is showing through yet again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Lets see how long this takes before the body shaming comes along!