Examples of Body Fat % for men. With Pics

Options

Replies

• willwillywilson
    Options
    Nice to hear how horribly strict you gals are. Kind of sucks for us guys that are never going to be able to hit 10%.

Oh boo hoo, not every woman on the planet is going to find you attractive at any given point of time.

Women should be more flexible with their standards. Any woman who can stand a guy who doesn't have a perfect body is just a *****.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

Exactly.... the pictures look SOOOO much better than I do at the same bf%.

Except for the super-low-fat ones. Those are just gross.

Actually - too late. The body shaming already started!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(

You can thank steroids for that person's appearance.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

Whoops!

Sorry, should have added, "in my opinion."
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(

You can thank steroids for that person's appearance.

I would think so. I don't understand the point at all.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I vote for 15 on guys, 25 on girls. Me, I'm still 30, a few pounds to go to get where I want.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Whoops!

No, you should have added that they are not your preference. There is no difference between saying 'those are gross' and 'in my opinion those are gross'
  • brittanyholocker
    brittanyholocker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hellooo motivation! Thanks for posting, especially the female version!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Whoops!

No, you should have added that they are not your preference. There is no difference between saying 'those are gross' and 'in my opinion those are gross'

Oh, sorry for saying it wrong. It never occurred to me that the word preference would be less offensive than the word opinion.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I know that at age 50 I'm gonna have to work hard but I want to be in the 12-15% range. Just for once in my life, lol.

It can be done. I've hit 13% a couple times over the past year.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Whoops!

Oh, sorry for saying it wrong. It never occurred to me that the word preference would be less offensive than the word opinion.

Its the word gross that its the problem here not preference v opinion
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    that was a stupid post...nobody quote me before I delete it...
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    The female chart is a bit chitty tbh

a lot of the women in the higher %'s have big breasts, and hips. with bf % levels that would look nowhere near as good on a women with a different frame.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mmm, 12%-25% is alllllllright with me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Right, the female pic is posted on here a lot and it's very silly. Body fat % does not look the same on all women, there are so many different factors.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Whoops!

Its the word gross that its the problem here not preference v opinion

So I shouldn't say, "My preference is men who aren't gross?" :laugh:

OK, I give up, Sara. You win. I will no longer offer my opinion about what I think is sexy. I'm happily married anyway, so my opinion on men is pretty irrelevant anyway. (Note to self. Stay out of chit-chat forums on those "rate the poster" threads.)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Right, the female pic is posted on here a lot and it's very silly. Body fat % does not look the same on all women, there are so many different factors.

This is true.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Eww 3-4% is gross!!!! 10-15% is nice

^^ This
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like the 15%.. The 3-4% is scary
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member