MFP FAMOUS!!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Guess my work here is done. Pardon me for p!ssing in everyones' cheerios with my humble opinion.

The only problem with your "humble opinion" is that it started out by calling somebody's thread one of the dumbest thing you've read. Since you've been on this site for a while, I'm sure you and I can recall many dumber things (Does anyone remember the one where this guy posted guide on how to be a professional creeper?)

Opinions, even harsh ones, can be said a bit mildly too. As pointed out by Mirey, The list so far is made up mainly of people who've been very supportive and informative to the community here, and some just make you laugh (which is good for the soul so I think thats good too)

With all due respect Taunto, this thread is pretty stupid. You and I both love really stupid threads that are funny. The key is that they are funny. This one is more of the desperate and narcissistic variety.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    This is among the top 5 dumbest threads I've ever read. I've never heard of a single person on anyone's list and I've been on MFP for quite some time. And if you're concerned about being "MFP Famous" you may want to look into getting a life outside of cyberspace. Chances are, the more popular you are here, the less popular you are in the real world.

Well with only 215 posts, you clearly haven't read enough to judge.

To be fair, you can read threads without posting. So, posting number is not a very good barometer on how much shes read.

Perhaps, but if she thinks this is the top 5 dumbest threads she's ever read, she hasn't read enough.

Also, if she really does lurk around without posting, that's going against what she's saying about "getting a life".
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Wow. I know a lot of famous people.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    This is among the top 5 dumbest threads I've ever read. I've never heard of a single person on anyone's list and I've been on MFP for quite some time. And if you're concerned about being "MFP Famous" you may want to look into getting a life outside of cyberspace. Chances are, the more popular you are here, the less popular you are in the real world.

To be fair, you can read threads without posting. So, posting number is not a very good barometer on how much shes read.

Perhaps, but if she thinks this is the top 5 dumbest threads she's ever read, she hasn't read enough.

Well, every person has a different opinion of what is dumb. I am sure your's differs from her's. Would it be ok for her to say the same to you about a thread you think is dumb? Some people like my threads, others do not. To each there own. Witch hunting someone for their opinion is simply impolite.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    SolarPower. But maybe that's only cause I notice him. Cuz he's hott!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Soooooo.....posting pictures of the cast of Magic Mike is ok, but THIS thread is dumb?? Just checkin'....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776424-hello-its-monday-mmm?page=2

Hahaha!! This made my day!!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    ready? here's my wicked cool impersonation. this thread is so damn stupid and you're all stupid for trying to be famous on mfp, I'm so popular in the real world that I don't need to lower myself to this crap. this thread is so we Todd did that I won't waste my time on it, though I will respond every single time someone talks crap about my inability to understand the tongue in cheek humor that this thread actually is. BAM!!! who am I ?
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    2ltfzx1.gif
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Also, if she really does lurk around without posting, that's going against what she's saying about "getting a life".

Maybe she was speaking figuratively?
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    OK!!!

I may have exaggerated a BIT saying this was in the top 5, but I won't take back me calling it one of the dumbest posts, because well, it is. HOWEVER, we allll comment on dumb posts once in a while (as do I OBVIOUSLY) as something to keep our minds occupied while we're bored or whatever. So go ahead and check out all my past posts, you'll find several of them are on dumb threads that keep my brain entertained while I'm watching the clock during the day. I did not insult the OP, just the topic so don't act like I'm so mean and nasty.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ready? here's my wicked cool impersonation. this thread is so damn stupid and you're all stupid for trying to be famous on mfp, I'm so popular in the real world that I don't need to lower myself to this crap. this thread is so we Todd did that I won't waste my time on it, though I will respond every single time someone talks crap about my inability to understand the tongue in cheek humor that this thread actually is. BAM!!! who am I ?

OH OH OH pick me....I know. It's coe28...amiright!? YAY!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    With all due respect Taunto, this thread is pretty stupid. You and I both love really stupid threads that are funny. The key is that they are funny. This one is more of the desperate and narcissistic variety.

Yes, this!! Just more elegantly said than my post :wink:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    contrarian. Because she does not want to be on this list. Smart, smart woman.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Everytime one of these threads get started, it's all fun for a little while until someone decides they are pissed off because their name doesn't get mentioned.

The fact of the matter is that the social aspect of this site has been instrumental to the success of many people on this site. Those that are here everyday get recognized in "dumb" threads like this one.

Should you be bothered that you didn't get mentioned? No. But if you want to get mentioned in the next one, then use the forums more. Otherwise, let people have their fun and go find something better to do. It's not your place to judge someone about how they spend their time or who they make friends with.

It honestly amazes me, in this day and age, that internet friendships still carry some kind of stigma. Just because someone has friends online, doesn't mean that they don't have friends in real life. And to make the insinuation that that is the case for the THOUSANDS of people that use this site, just makes you look ignorant. :flowerforyou:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

a really annoying idiot who is awful at impersonating others, but tries anyways because they like to judge opinions that are different than their own while screaming for attention?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

It really is. Sad, actually.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.