How did you meet? where do you find a date?

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Stay single. Too many gypsies, tramps, and thieves out there!

My dream woman is all three.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd say, simply be open to meeting people and make sure you're putting yourself out there in social situations.

I met my bf at a friend's bday party. I thought he was cute from the moment I got there but spent much of the evening on the other side of the party with firends I already knew well. When my ride was leaving the party was still in full swing so I decided to stay and see how the night went. And I'm ever so happy I did as we ended up chatting, he bought me a drink and the rest is history.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    one more year and you get your own movie
    40-year-old-virgin.jpg \m/
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    :explode:
    Youre 39 years old and don't know where to find a date? :huh:

Really is this comment appropriate?
    I have been single for three years and it's hard to find someone considering most of us work full time. I work full time, am in graduate school and just about have enough time for me.
    You have a better idea? Are us single people supposed to go out to a bar and meet someone? Last time I checked going out to a bar to meet someone isn't the best idea.
    Church? I'm not religious
    Online Dating? Not as easy as you think
    Grocery Store? Any ideas on how to "meet" someone here

Don't make inappropriate comments unless you have walked in our shoes

Agreed.

"Dating" sounds so easy, until you mix in this little thing called LIFE and work and raising children & figuring out how to "start over" after so many years of being in a marriage. It's disgustingly hard. I haven't been single in over 11 years (before now) and have been now for 1.5 years. I haven't had a single date. I'm also not settling though.

People always tell me they "met someone in a grocery store" wtf? how does that even work? All I ever see are a) the women of the family shopping or b) the men with their family, looking bored as ****.........

No ideas.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Unless you're into nightclubs or lucky enough to bump into someone socially/whilst out shopping etc then online dating or friendship sites probably are your best way to give yourself a wide choice of singletons. It's not always easy but can and does work!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Go to church....lot's of horny. Well you'll see:drinker:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Try the NC17 group.

Bah ha ha!
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options

I have been single for three years and it's hard to find someone considering most of us work full time. I work full time, am in graduate school and just about have enough time for me.
    You have a better idea? Are us single people supposed to go out to a bar and meet someone? Last time I checked going out to a bar to meet someone isn't the best idea.

Agreed.

"Dating" sounds so easy, until you mix in this little thing called LIFE and work and raising children & figuring out how to "start over" after so many years of being in a marriage. It's disgustingly hard. I haven't been single in over 11 years (before now) and have been now for 1.5 years. I haven't had a single date. I'm also not settling though.

People always tell me they "met someone in a grocery store" wtf? how does that even work? All I ever see are a) the women of the family shopping or b) the men with their family, looking bored as ****.........

No ideas.
    All I hear are excuses.
  • MissAnjy
    Options

Agreed.

No ideas.
    All I hear are excuses.

The day I don't make an excuse as to why I can't date a guy, is the day he's probably the one.
    Until then........
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Stay single. Too many gypsies, tramps, and thieves out there!

you had me at "tramps", unless you're referring to hobos. then you lost me.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult sci-fi/fantasy convention, purely by accident. He made a conscious decision after his divorce that he would put himself in situations he'd previously not experienced, such as conventions, cuddle parties, meetups, etc. He met a lot of nice people that way, and he met me. :) I wish you the best of luck!

wtf is a "cuddle party" ?

and why haven't I been to one?

I too would like to know what a cuddle party is
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options

Agreed.

No ideas.
    All I hear are excuses.

The day I don't make an excuse as to why I can't date a guy, is the day he's probably the one.
    Until then........

Ms Anjy....I'm with you on this one
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult sci-fi/fantasy convention, purely by accident. He made a conscious decision after his divorce that he would put himself in situations he'd previously not experienced, such as conventions, cuddle parties, meetups, etc. He met a lot of nice people that way, and he met me. :) I wish you the best of luck!

At this point, I don't even care. I just want to know where to sign up.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Agreed.

No ideas.

you have it easy. you're a woman. all you have to do is be approachable. that means making eye contact with guys you find attractive and smiling when they see you. that's it. that's an invitation to most men to approach you. of course, you're going to get dbags and creepers and married men approaching you in the process, but that's the same as going to bars or clubs or online.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Applebees
  • MissAnjy
    Options

Agreed.

No ideas.

you have it easy. you're a woman. all you have to do is be approachable. that means making eye contact with guys you find attractive and smiling when they see you. that's it. that's an invitation to most men to approach you. of course, you're going to get dbags and creepers and married men approaching you in the process, but that's the same as going to bars or clubs or online.

I'm going to try this on the guy up on 5th floor.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Produce section at the grocery store?

Gym?

Just strike up a conversation in line somewhere?

It's only creepy if you do it wrong. LOL. And, there's a very fine line there. So, careful. LOL

My first wife I met at a gas station and invited her to a party I was going to. She followed me in her car. LOL

My second wife I met because she was best friends with my neighbor, who I became friends with.

My last two girlfriends were just women I knew, and called them up and said, "Let's hang, baby", and they were on me like bees on honey! True story, bro.

Right now, I'm taking a break from the ladies. Need a little me time.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

At this point, I don't even care. I just want to know where to sign up.

121121062441-black-friday-crowds-story-top.jpg

Cuddle Party AKA Black Friday
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Honestly? At the bank...and grocery store.

Most recent ex was my front end manager at the grocery store I worked at part-time. Didn't hurt that I worked full time at the bank inside :)

Current BF-I took care of his deposits and withdrawals at the bank for 3 eyars before he asked me out. Patience is a virtue, and so is good timing :)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Think about what you care about and then go do it. For instance, do you know how many women volunteer at animal shelters? I mean, go get out there and do things that *you* care about. That way you win even if you don't get laid. Bonus, if you do, it'll be with someone who shares a passion.

Is it fitness? Go do that. Is it climbing? Join a climbing gym. Is it freaky deviant sex? Get the password for your local dungeon and hop into your lederhosen and gimp mask and slink through their doggie door. That's how I met my wife, anyway.