Obese flier turned away from airlines; dies overseas

Options

Replies

• Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    who ****ing cares ,, for real, she was going to die at home or somewhere else , but the airline companies should pay, and give extra out to everyone for being corrupt overly rich tards. :drinker: Down with the Man!

And who exactly qualifies as the Man?

The people that run these countries... unclassified stuff , ya digggg:smokin:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Back to the point of this thread:

What's next? Suing the physicians who cleared her to fly?

Next on the list after that will be the Government for issuing her a passport allowing her to leave the US in the first place.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I do not judge obese people of any size, I am one of them. While I have never weighed over 400 pounds, I did weigh well over 300 and was well on my way there. However, if I went somewhere and could not fit into a seat, or was not comfortable, I knew that it was MY fault, and did not blame anyone else. I made the choices that put me in that position. She had serious health issues, and chose to travel. She knew it would not be easy. The airline certainly was not responsbile for her death. She made the choices that put her in the position she was in.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    who ****ing cares ,, for real, she was going to die at home or somewhere else , but the airline companies should pay, and give extra out to everyone for being corrupt overly rich tards. :drinker: Down with the Man!

And who exactly qualifies as the Man?
    [/

The people that run these countries... unclassified stuff , ya digggg:smokin:

Anarchy would be a definite improvement.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    men-in-black-gif.gif
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    OK from what I read she was obese but sounds like there were things that could have caused that (says she was an ampute, not sure what but that could hinder exercise) and regardless, the airline was able to get her over there (and was able to every year get her to and from) why couldn't they get her back?
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of people in here lost their humanity and compassion together with the fat and weight.
    A person died far away from home, and you don't find this sad at all, FFS?

of course it's sad! it's VERY sad. but that still doesn't make it the airline's fault. the airline tried OVER AND OVER AGAIN to make it work. they couldn't strap her in safely. they couldn't make her safe to fly. for whatever reason, they couldn't accommodate her exactly when she needed it. given more time to get the equipment they needed, perhaps they could have. can you imagine what one severe pocket of turbulence could have done to her and nearby passengers with no seat belt on her? it would have killed her, and potentially someone else.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    OK from what I read she was obese but sounds like there were things that could have caused that (says she was an ampute, not sure what but that could hinder exercise) and regardless, the airline was able to get her over there (and was able to every year get her to and from) why couldn't they get her back?

I'm not a professional, but can't you lose limbs from diabetes? Which also CAN result from a bad diet. Depending on the type of diabetes.

Also, nobody is allowed to ask that question anymore.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    How did the plane, that couldn't return her to the US, take her overseas?

this question has been asked and aswered 20+ times in this topic.

Really? I haven't seen one legitimate answer. Maybe the person who used to work for the airlines could answer how she was able to buy a return ticket - two of them actually! - when there wouldn't have been a plane available with the proper belt extenders?

I really think that's what it boils down to! She was able to fly there with the airlines knowing her situation. They should have never allowed it knowing full well that they wouldn't have the same facilities where she was travelling.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options

I'm not a professional, but can't you lose limbs from diabetes? Which also CAN result from a bad diet. Depending on the type of diabetes.

Yes you can. I have an uncle who is close to losing both of his feet from diabetes. You can lose the circulation in your limbs from unmanaged diabetes.
  • toridehaven
    Options
    More importantly, a person has died. This person has left behind a family who is now in mourning. God bless them in this time...no matter how much she weighed or who's fault it is.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Next on the list after that will be the Government for issuing her a passport allowing her to leave the US in the first place.

Really, it should be Hungary for letting her go to the fat trap that's the US in the first place.

ZIIIIIIIIIIING.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Really? I haven't seen one legitimate answer. Maybe the person who used to work for the airlines could answer how she was able to buy a return ticket - two of them actually! - when there wouldn't have been a plane available with the proper belt extenders?

I really think that's what it boils down to! She was able to fly there with the airlines knowing her situation. They should have never allowed it knowing full well that they wouldn't have the same facilities where she was travelling.

Last time, you guys!! Here we go!

She was gone for more than a month, she got heavier and larger, and different airlines can only do so much, and they obviously did everything they could, unless getting the local fire department to carry her into three seats she still did not fit does not qualify as trying.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Excellent points..... =/
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

She was gone for more than a month, she got heavier and larger, and different airlines can only do so much, and they obviously did everything they could, unless getting the local fire department to carry her into three seats she still did not fit does not qualify as trying.

AGAIN, not a legitmate answer!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options

Cartman.gif
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options

because KLM has more than one plane, and not all planes are equipped to accommodate a 400lb amputee on death's door.
    they asked her when she would be returning, and made accommodations to have the lift to get her on the plane, but then the seat belts wouldn't work properly. they can't fly her with faulty seat belts, and they can't be expected to keep the seatbelts they originally used hooked up for 4 weeks while they wait for her return flight.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I'm just going out on a limb here, but she probably didn't notify the airline of her physical disability. In the US, more people are obese so airlines are better equipped here, but in Europe, they are less likely to have to address the needs of a morbidly obese passenger.

As another poster said, she likely gained more weight while traveling and the same equipment that was satisfactory for her flight there, might not have been satisfactory for her flight back.

Of course, I have already stated that I think the guy will win this case. But not everything that get decided by the judicial system is right or fair.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

AGAIN, not a legitmate answer!
    SHE DIDN'T ****ING FIT ON THE PLANE
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

It doesn't say that's why she lost them though so it could have been something completely different. People are judging based on assumptions.

Also I have yet to see someone actually answer the question, with a logical answer.
This discussion has been closed.