Have YOU lost 30lbs?

Options
have u lost 30lbs? if so how long did it take you? i started at 168 and have lost 9lbs to date in 2months 1 week. I feel like it should speen up a bit....what r ur thoughts?

Replies

• dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    yep...my first thirty pounds came quick, 20lbs in the first month and then 15lbs in the second, but i also started at 315lbs so that first huge loss was to be expected...

take your time, its a not a race...whether it takes you a month or 6 months, healthy habits are for life so you will lose it eventually...
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Longer than it should have.

1lb per week isn't bad. You could speed up a little if you are doing a good full body resistance routine and eating enough protein.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have, and started first week in August, but I had loads to lose
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 9 lbs.... thats worth something! I have lost 40 since March. For me it's a slow process because I'm not killing myself. I think it all depends on your eating and work out routine. I could be killing myself, but I want it to be sustainable, and for me I need to make small changes over time to make it a lifestyle change. I have done the whole "lose 20 lbs in a month" thing before, but it just comes right back on, and I have learned nothing from it. As long as you are working out and eating good and staying w/in your calorie limits, you will do fine. You have lost 1 lb per week... thats pretty good!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I lost about a pound a week so losing 9 pounds in 9 weeks sounds like a great trend. Just keep on doing what you're doing and you'll get there.
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah, But I'm more proud of losing 20% body fat since January of this year.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    have u lost 30lbs? if so how long did it take you? i started at 168 and have lost 9lbs to date in 2months 1 week. I feel like it should speen up a bit....what r ur thoughts?

Not counting my first two weeks, I've been losing two pounds per week, but I had over 100 pounds to lose. With less than 50 to lose, it's supposed to be about a half a pound per week.
  • FullOfWin
    Options

Not counting my first two weeks, I've been losing two pounds per week, but I had over 100 pounds to lose. With less than 50 to lose, it's supposed to be about a half a pound per week.

No, it isn't. In the end I lost 2 per week down to 12% with no issue. If I had 50 to lose I would be shooting for 3-4 per week if I could manage it.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs since I started on 4/1/12.

I am trying to lose another 5-10lbs but the past 4-6 weeks have been almost a standstill. Only lost 2 lbs in that time. I always hear how the last 10lbs is the hardest and I am starting to see that.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

No, it isn't. In the end I lost 2 per week down to 12% with no issue. If I had 50 to lose I would be shooting for 3-4 per week if I could manage it.
    That's not really an optimal rate of loss when you're a healthy weight. Assuming you're looking to lose mostly fat, and not muscle, that is.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I started out needing to lose a ton (I still need to lose a lot) so in the first month I lost 17lbs...second month I lost 13...and this the third month ends Dec 7th so I've lost an additional 5 so far, hoping for 5 more in the next two weeks. But I started strength training so we'll see. Majorly tapered after the beginning loss.

9lbs is still a crazy accomplishment. Do you know what percentage of your total body weight is? That's over 15% so I'd say that's good. I've lost 35lbs and that's like 7% so even though your nine is smaller than my 35, it's a bigger portion. (if I messed up the math let's just ignore that. I'm just trying to say the number doesn't have much to do with it if you started smaller than people like me who pulled big numbers at the start)
  • FullOfWin
    Options

That's not really an optimal rate of loss when you're a healthy weight. Assuming you're looking to lose mostly fat, and not muscle, that is.

I had no perceivable muscle loss and I did not have to reduce the weight I was lifting. I was also doing heavy barbell lifts and eating 200g protein per day. This also allowed me to get to bulking sooner and now I am stronger and bigger than ever rather than still cutting.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have just lost 30 lbs. Started second week of July at 165 lbs, ended November 21st at 135 lbs. so a little over 5 months, though I would give myself short breaks when I reached small goals. I have gained back 3.4 lbs, but I am trying to feed my muscles so it was expected. Now my goal is to be a fit 130 lbs. so lots of exercise, more food. This new goal gives me all winter to hopefully emerge lean and mean come spring time.

The first month was the hardest. My fat cells were screaming out in hunger. The closer you get to your goal, the less you will suffer from perceived depravation. Stick with it, no matter what! Whatever suffering you do now will be for nothing if you have to do it over again. Every day you are closer to your goal plus you are retraining yourself to eat more healthy. Good luck!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40 since the end of April (26 since I started myfitnesspal three months ago). I started at almost 240 though. It takes longer to start the less you weigh. 1 pound a week isn't bad, but if you wanted to speed it up you could. You can set your myfitnesspal goal to 2 pounds a week. I feel like it's easier to increase my workouts than cut back on food :-P, but some people go the other way. If you go too quickly in your weight loss it will be harder to keep off. I've done that. The realization that I had gained far more than I had lost made me rethink my methods. Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again.
    Good work so far! You'll get there.

♡Serena
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've lost 101 since July 1st... less than five months... Its not a race though you can only go from day to day and do the best you are able and willing to do today.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yes, it took me a year.

then I lost thirty over the next year.

Then 30 over the next two years.

now ask me how much loose skin I have.

no really ask me!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 108 in the last 8 months. I think the first 30 took maybe a couple of months.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 in 3 months
  • JustineCervantes
    Options
    I have lost about an average of 30 pounds... I started in January on 2012. The first 15 pound were easy, but the last were a bit harder! I am only 5'1" and I started about 154. For sure it's hard work!! stay focused on regular exercise and healthy eating choices!!! cut out fast food and soda!! or limit to just once a week if you have to... But plenty of water!!!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    46 to date in 7 months. I strength train so some weight is muscle gain. I have lost 16% body fat to date.