MY FRIEND WANTS TO EAT UNHEALTHY WITH ME

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt.

stop being a drama queen.

Is everything ok at home love? You sound a bit... crabby in your mood.

Just because the OP asked a question who's answer seems like a no-brainer to us, doesn't mean you need to jump to their throat like this. And considering that this was like her 2nd thread ever made, I think calling them a drama queen was a bit harsh.

Maybe you should have some ice cream yourself too?
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I understand why you don't want ice cream. Because it may awaken that sleeping giant inside you that makes you want more. I would go for sugar free yogurt if possible. Ice cream by itself is not bad, just the sugar in it. That's my thoughts.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You're a teenager for goodness sakes (probably under 16). Go eat some dang ice cream with your friend.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    You haven't seen him in awhile. Have the ice cream.
  • I'm surprised by the amount of negativity a lot of you have.

Chill. Goose fraba.

Be positive. We're here to support, not hinder.

K? K.

THANKS. People are suppose to help me lose weight, not " suck it up and break how good I'm doing. "
    and just because I'm young doesn't mean I shouldn't watch me figure.
    Sorry I want to go out, have fun and still be healthy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt.

Just because the OP asked a question who's answer seems like a no-brainer to us, doesn't mean you need to jump to their throat like this. And considering that this was like her 2nd thread ever made, I think calling them a drama queen was a bit harsh.

EGGNOG ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    I say go to the gym and find some new friends
  • xPeaceLuvVeggiesx
    Options
    frozen yogurt.

Glad I'm not the only person who thought this ^_^
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    First, be honest with yourself as to what you can handle.

If you're good at getting back on track quickly, then I suspect the ice cream wouldn't be an issue.
    The same goes for portion control.

As you said, you've just gotten back into healthy eating, so you need to build up that good habit and not be discouraged. That's understandable.

Your friend wants to hang out, and he also wants ice cream for himself. Being with you is the main event. His ice cream (or any other dessert) is extra.

In my experience, places that serve dessert don't mind if you bring your own as long as one of you is a customer. If you have a substitution that you like (like a piece of fruit), I'd say to bring that. That way, your friend gets to have his dessert and you get to stay on track.

I'm a caregiver. I have a small cooler that I pack my healthy food in for when I take my partner to doctor's appointments. She has an amazing metabolism and is just about always hungry. I had my meal with me of canned chicken, crispbread, and an orange when we went to Wendy's after one of her appointments. That way we could both eat what we wanted to.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    See if he'll make do with some whipped cream and handcuffs.

Yes
  • deadbambi
    Options

This is brilliant. If my guy asked me to do this, I'd give him an enthusiastic yes, but only if he chokes me too.

I personally prefer hair pulling, but I like where you're going with this.

This, plus *kitten* smacking. That should give you some good cardio to have your ice cream guilt free!
    oh hell yea, LOL.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by the amount of negativity a lot of you have.

Chill. Goose fraba.

Be positive. We're here to support, not hinder.

K? K.

THANKS. People are suppose to help me lose weight, no suck it up and break how good I'm doing.

hI :)

i REALLY want you to succeed. I LOVE seeing people reach all their goals, its a big turn on, fills me with happiness for humanity, etc, true story- ask anyone who knows me but this part...
    People are suppose to help me lose weight

might be the root of the problem lol.

No we arent :)

We are simply here to show you that it can be done, and offer advice if you ask and we choose to respond to help you - but the person in charge of getting you in shape, is the person that didnt stay in shape to begin with

:flowerforyou:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

There you go!
  • FluroFaye
    Options
    Frozen yoghurt or sorbets are good alternatives.

I now believe you shouldn't diet but live a lifestyle that's going to help you...the most important thing is being happy. You can eat icecream or whatever and still lose weight. Just don't go overboard and you'll be fine, darling.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Go get ice cream with your friend! It's more about seeing him, it's life. Stuff happens. Eat your ice cream/frozen yogurt then go work it off or reduce something not so great for you later. You said you didn't see him for a while, that should matter the most. One ice cream SHOULDN'T tear you down. Get self control, see it as just one, and then keep eating good after.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt.

EGGNOG ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I have never had eggnog so dunno hwo that would taste like. But I have heard they got Maple walnut ice cream in Canadia and would LOVE to try it out. THAT sounds freaking AWESOME!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

This is brilliant. If my guy asked me to do this, I'd give him an enthusiastic yes, but only if he chokes me too.

I personally prefer hair pulling, but I like where you're going with this.

This, plus *kitten* smacking. That should give you some good cardio to have your ice cream guilt free!
    oh hell yea, LOL.
    I didn't realise what I was starting.

For this, I do not apologise.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow- ok by this post I am thinking the title is going to lead to a serious situation of sabotage- this is not a tragedy. This is something that will happen every single day- I don't know what a fat day is, I don't want to know, but you will always be presented with choices of foods that you'd prefer not to eat. Be polite, order a small ice cream, eat it- me I would have it and enjoy it, and get a flavor I really enjoy- and I'd log it- end of story
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey brah don't eat ice cream, eat bacon or pizza or mayonaise.
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and water would work for me. I can sit and watch people dessert themselves up if I make myself mentally ready for it. Another idea would be to search the menu online and choose 2 items before you go that might fit your routine and enjoy the company and food. Walk to the place and back too. Exercise is the reward for good food.