MY FRIEND WANTS TO EAT UNHEALTHY WITH ME

Options

Replies

• Since 99.9% of you are telling me to suck it up and have it.
    Which is the healthiest flavor....or kind of ice cream other than surbert or frozen yogurt?
    and for you that asked, a FAT day is
    where you allow yourself to have sweets without feeling guilty
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You can always go to a vegan ice cream parlour. They tend to use bananas as the base with natural fruit for flavour and toppings.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    MzZAW.gif
    lololol
    Man up and eat some ice cream.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Since 99.9% of you are telling me to suck it up and have it.
    Which is the healthiest flavor....or kind of ice cream other than surbert or frozen yogurt?

Depends on where you're going.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Plain vanilla? any added chocolate swirls, chunks or things of that nature will add calories, but really, I don't think it would add that much. I personally would eat whatever flavor I was craving the most and call it good :)

You don't have to have a "fat" day to enjoy a treat....You can always add in an extra walk or something to combat your splurge.

After your ice cream you and your friend could hit up a walking trail and make that part of your afternoon together.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

The reason I mentioned your age is because you're not speaking to a bunch of people who are 16 here. Go to Spark Teens where you'll find support for the issues teens go through. Hopefully you won't get comments about handcuffs and whatnot.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Your problem I think, stems from having 'fat days' in the first place. Learning to balance your diet so you can afford to have a treat when you feel like it will get you much further than guilt tripping when someone upsets what you had planned to eat or not eat. It's just ice cream - eat a few less carbs tomorrow if you feel the need to balance it out, or better yet - go for a walk.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    I have a friend who talks them into toppings only - whipped cream and strawberries or pineapple! Sorbets are generally fairly innocent. Or just get one scoop of your favorite -- you'll be OK.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    kid size fro yo w/ fruit in a bowl
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    See if he'll make do with some whipped cream and handcuffs.
    how u doin?????
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Adjust your day to fit it in and get a small (or children's size) ice cream cone. You going to live your whole life worried about an ice cream cone or a dessert it's going to be a long and tedious one....
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Your problem I think, stems from having 'fat days' in the first place. Learning to balance your diet so you can afford to have a treat when you feel like it will get you much further than guilt tripping when someone upsets what you had planned to eat or not eat. It's just ice cream - eat a few less carbs tomorrow if you feel the need to balance it out, or better yet - go for a walk.

I agree...Everything in moderation :) If you tell yourself "I can't eat that" it will make it all that more tempting. You have to find a balance to make this a lifestyle change not a "diet"
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    First, the reason people are saying you should eat it is that they are trying to help you understand that you can have sweets, WITHOUT feeling guilty whenever you want. It should just fit into your macros and calories. Looking at foods as bad, or having guilt is disordered eating and that is not healthy, which is why you should allow yourself treats. Get what you want, just eat less, half a cup of actual ice cream usually has between 200 and 300 calories (higher going to stuff with like candy and junk in it).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You should go out for some dang ice cream, yo.
    ^^ enjoy some ice cream with your friend. Go for a long run tomorrow if you go over today.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

This is brilliant. If my guy asked me to do this, I'd give him an enthusiastic yes, but only if he chokes me too.

I personally prefer hair pulling, but I like where you're going with this.

yes please

What she said.
  • Focusing_on_Liz
    Options
    You should think of this as a life style change not diet. The thing is even though we are here to lose weight we are still allowed to eat the things we love as long as we watch the portions. I know you just got back on track and understand you not wanting to cheat but I am sure you can enjoy your icecream and even do a small workout and will be just fine.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    why not just move your fat day for the week? that seems to be the simplest answer to the problem
  • pickledginger
    Options

This is brilliant. If my guy asked me to do this, I'd give him an enthusiastic yes, but only if he chokes me too.

I personally prefer hair pulling, but I like where you're going with this.

lol ditto
    Um, OK guys, but maybe you should get a room!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You should go out for some dang ice cream, yo.

28s9c9y.gif
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    why not just move your fat day for the week? that seems to be the simplest answer to the problem

It's not necessarily about sucking it up, it's about being flexible. As suggested, if having a fat day is part of your regimen, move it. If you go over on a calories today, go a little more under tomorrow. There's no need to feel guilty about ice cream. It's tasty. Besides, remember the point is you are seeing your friend. Focus on that. Get a small scoop of a just a plain flavor if you feel you need to ease your conscience. As others suggested, try a sorbet or sherbert. Just have a good a time out.