Has anyone done the meat cleanse?

Options
wellbert
wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
I want to try the meat cleanse.

It's the cleanse where you eat nothing but meats, and they must be cooked rare when safe (no rare chicken!!) (or taken raw, if you're into that sort of thing.) Any fatty or lean cut will do, like bacon or ribeye or even sirloin. It's OK to use a little oil or butter for cooking, but that's it

You also have to eat at least 3 different kinds of animals each day.

Anyone want to try this with me?

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    my friend did something similar
    he cut out all carbs and ate pretty much only meat and he lost 40 pounds like nothing
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No, I need either bread or potatoes with my meat, or at least some rice.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "Cleanses", are one of the biggest scams going..
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Meat Cleanse. I think that should be a band name.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    So you're allowed to eat fatty bacon all day long? Ummm, yeah right! What kind of cleanse is that if it clogs your arteries.
    so stupid. Just eat balanced meals from whole foods with plenty of veggies, especially leafy greens and they will cleanse your body from the processed junk.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

This^^^
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? Meat "cleanse" sounds really bad for you... you need fiber, fruits and veggies and the like. Only eating meat will basically shut down your digestion.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    (pssst....hey....this isnt a serious post y'all)

I like to do the meat cleanse once a week to rid myself of all the built up rice in my intestines.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer who pushed a meat and fruit diet. It was a detox that required only eating meat and fruit for 7 days. The meat could be served however you want as long as it wasn't breaded or fried. All fruit had to be raw or if canned it couldn't be canned in syrup. Eggs were also okay. Condiments at a minimum. I lost 6 pounds in one week on it. It doesn't require calorie counting at all.
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    If you don't eat the grain carbs with the meat, it won't clog your arteries.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a jerky cleanse.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You mean you're not supposed to eat like that normally?

...I've been doing it wrong this entire time.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    what does the 'cleanse' in meat cleanse stand for? what/how are you cleaning?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm offering an introductory rate on meat cleanses in my office. Please come to 'the sketchy looking sheet of plywood between two buildings in the seedy part of downtown' and knock real loud so I can hear you over the traffic.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    So you're allowed to eat fatty bacon all day long? Ummm, yeah right! What kind of cleanse is that if it clogs your arteries.
    so stupid.

Actually, dietary fat isn't bad for you or your cholesterol. In fact, a meat/fatty diet raises your good cholesterol (there are two kinds).
    ust eat balanced meals from whole foods with plenty of veggies, especially leafy greens and they will cleanse your body from the processed junk.

Now, THIS is very true!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

This^^^

IMO, this. If you want to do it as a way to jump start weight loss, or because you hate carbs, or some other reason, fine. But I don't think "cleanse" and bacon should be put into the same sentence (unless you are trying to cleanse yourself from the bacon:laugh:).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    This one is also known as the PETA cleanse (People Eating Tasty Animals). I've done it before and had great results, it got all of the toxins out of my body and even cured my chronic dandruff.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Can I eat Spam all week for my cleanse? Spam is meat...right?

Oh and I bet your doggies would love to do the meat cleanse with you!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I want to try the meat cleanse.

It's the cleanse where you eat nothing but meats, and they must be cooked rare when safe (no rare chicken!!) (or taken raw, if you're into that sort of thing.) Any fatty or lean cut will do, like bacon or ribeye or even sirloin. It's OK to use a little oil or butter for cooking, but that's it

You also have to eat at least 3 different kinds of animals each day.

Anyone want to try this with me?

theres something very off about the words "Meat Cleanse"........
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Does anyone else hear that loud noise in this thread?

WHOOOSH