Has anyone done the meat cleanse?

Options

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    LAME! 1-this isn't healthy and 2-what about carbs (bread, pasta, yogurt, beans, rice) Your way is mega unhealthy and once you are back to normal, you will gain it back slowly........
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    I wash my meat daily.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Can I eat Spam all week for my cleanse? Spam is meat...right?

Oh and I bet your doggies would love to do the meat cleanse with you!

Does spam actually contain any meat? Maybe the bologna cleanse instead........:laugh: :laugh:

Wellbert, we really need a sarcasm font........
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Can I eat Spam all week for my cleanse? Spam is meat...right?

Oh and I bet your doggies would love to do the meat cleanse with you!

Does spam actually contain any meat? Maybe the bologna cleanse instead........:laugh: :laugh:

Wellbert, we really need a sarcasm font........

I'm out then..
    And I agree, I was thinking the creators should just add a sarcasm section under the chit-chat, fun, and games..
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This one is also known as the PETA cleanse (People Eating Tasty Animals). I've done it before and had great results, it got all of the toxins out of my body and even cured my chronic dandruff.

What am I missing? How does this cleanse the body and make you lose weight? This would be an epic failure diet for me. As deelish as this sounds, I can't digest animal protein very well :(
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I'm on the alcohol cleanse. Nothing but 80 proof or above alcohol. Nothing flavored or with added sugar. As much as you want. Water is allowed, but not mixed in the same glass as the alcohol. Maybe I'll try the meat thing next week.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm offering an introductory rate on meat cleanses in my office. Please come to 'the sketchy looking sheet of plywood between two buildings in the seedy part of downtown' and knock real loud so I can hear you over the traffic.

I want to be first in line!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    D*mn it...I thought it was another Vegan thread for me to pipe in on :wink:
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very cleansing..
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Meat is not going to cleanse anything....meat hangs around in your system, clogs arteries.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    No, but it sounds kind of weird.

Also, your body needs carbs as fuel. I don't think eating just meat and nothing else would be good for you.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I'm offering an introductory rate on meat cleanses in my office. Please come to 'the sketchy looking sheet of plywood between two buildings in the seedy part of downtown' and knock real loud so I can hear you over the traffic.
    One would definitely need some kind of cleanse after taking you up on that.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Meat is not going to cleanse anything....meat hangs around in your system, clogs arteries.

Nothing as cleansing as bacon all day.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I want to be first in line!

Oh. Well . . . this is awkward. I didn't expect anyone to take me up on it. Now I have to build a goddamned churrascaria in an alley.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Oooooohhhh, Baaaacccooonnnn!!! Yuuuuuuuuummmm
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The amount of dense people on this forum never ceases to amuse me.

PS - 3 types of animal a day, that's tough. I usually only get 2. Gonna have to up my game.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    This one is also known as the PETA cleanse (People Eating Tasty Animals). I've done it before and had great results, it got all of the toxins out of my body and even cured my chronic dandruff.

What am I missing? How does this cleanse the body and make you lose weight? This would be an epic failure diet for me. As deelish as this sounds, I can't digest animal protein very well :(

Oh, the point of the meat cleanse isn't weight loss. I think that might be the source of the confusion.

but i imagine its healthier than other cleanses because:
    > high protein moderate fat, the two essential nutrients. Other cleanses are mostly carbohydrate/fiber.
    > sufficient food intake, to prevent starving your body and just seeing 'fake' loss via water.
    > it's delicious

@dopeitup: pork sausage breakfast, ground beef for lunch, and some nice fish for dinner for the win.
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't think.meat and cleanes should be in same sentance
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    hmm carpaccio.. sounds like it would fit into the raw food diet