Lifting VS Love Handles.... Guess who won!!

Options

Replies

• ebonieiscool
    ebonieiscool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING! I'm a big fan of lifting as well.

How's your meal plan? How many calories are you taking in?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, and gives me hope for some changes.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking into the simplyshredded.com women's lifting plan.. or Jaime Eason's Livefit trainer.. one of the basic programs- at least to start. Like I said, I will gladly post a week of my specific workouts (I often post them in my status') but I pretty muhc tailored my workouts to my specific body and goals.

As far as HIIT: sometimes I'll do sprints/jogs 45 seconds sprint, 60 seconds jog, 10 rounds.. sometimes I'll do a workout from the fitchicks blog (tummy tuck which is circuit style planking/plank variations mixed with other core exercises or booty builder which is a lot of plyo stuff like squat jumps, also in a circuit style). I found an article that I love for a longer cardio workout to maximize burn from HIIT: http://www.trimmedandtoned.com/a-hiit-workout-routine-to-burn-belly-fat-fast

I have somewhere between 20 and 30 lbs and 10% BF left to lose to get to a competition level (I would like to compete next Fall). I plan on being down to the weight by the time my babe is a year old... that's 12 months from Birth--> Bikini :-)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic!! Awesome job.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    What was your caloric intake & macros like? I think that I should focus on strength training more than cardio!
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING! I'm a big fan of lifting as well.

How's your meal plan? How many calories are you taking in?

I eat somewhere around 1800 calories/day: (though if you look today I'm experimenting with eatstopeat so disregard that). I only eat back exercise calories if I have a particularly high burn (> 600 calories).

I eat a minimum of 180-200 g protein per day, I keep carbs below 100g most days, and I eat a moderate amound of fat (~60g) which are centered on "good" fats (MUFAs and PUFAs). I drink between 14-16 cups of water most days. I begain IF (leangains style) doing 14-10 or 16-8 days... it works for me so I stuck with it.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    What was your caloric intake & macros like? I think that I should focus on strength training more than cardio!

1800 calories and 45-30-25, protein-fat-carbs.. though I often go over protein and fats and stay under carbs..
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days per week:

M: Chest and Calves
    T: Legs (Quad focus) and Shoulders
    W: Glutes and Cardio
    Th: Arms and Core
    F: Legs (Ham focus) and Back

I can send you the details if you like (though there is some variety week to week): I change up the set styles (sometimes pyramid, sometimes reverse pyramid, super sets, giant sets, straight sets etc) and reps week to week.

In the beginning I did steady state cardio (ran on a treadmill with the baby hanging out) but then stopped cardio and focused on lifting. Now I do HIIT style cardio 2-3 times per week (15-25 mins) (sometimes on the treadmill and sometimes plyo circuits)

I would be more than happy to share details on any and all of the above with anyone interested.

very interested... you look awesome.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    How do you manage to keep carbs so low? Do you eat very little fruit? I eat a lot of fruit; it's the only reason that I go over my carbs daily.
  • jtallwood
    jtallwood Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok. I HAD to take a couple minutes to comment. You look AMAZING and this is a great source of inspiration! Keep up the good work dear! :)
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I eat very little fruit (usually just berries in a post-workout shake). The majority of my carbs are incidental (i.e. in something I consume for either protein/fat's sake like avocado or from my veggies). Sweet potato and butternut squash are the only starches I consume on a regular basis and occasionally I'll have a flatout wrap or a 100 calorie pack of microwave popcorn. For me, carbs beget carbs. I'm a little bit of an apocalyptic thinker- so if I have a little bit of carbs I want them ALLLLL.
  • wannadance
    Options
    Oh wow!! You look fantastic! I've been wanting to start lifting / strength training but so far just do core training... was planning on starting pump classes to learn some proper form etc etc - but it's quite obviously worth getting into - well done :flowerforyou:
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I had a lot of requests for specifics, so here's the week before last:

Monday: Chest and Calves
    Bench Press: 8 x 6 x 4 x 2 (# of reps) (pyramid)
    Incline Press: 8 x 6 x 4 x 2
    Chest Fly: 4 x 8 (4 sets of 8) (straight set)
    Calf Walks (carrying plate 45#), 3 x 40 (3 sets of 40 steps on my tiptoes)
    Jumprope 5 x 100 (5 sets of 100 jumps)

Tuesday: Legs (Quad and Back)
    Squats: 8 x 6 x 4 x 2

Superset:
    Leg Extensions: 4 x 10
    Back Extensions: 4 x 10

Superset:
    Bent Dumbbell Row 3 x 10
    Lat Pull 3 x 10

Reverse Lat Pull 3 x 10

Superset:
    Seated Row: 3 x 10
    Reverse Fly: 3 x 8

Booty Builder HIIT (2 rounds) fitchicks blog http://fitchicks-fitchicks.blogspot.com/2011/09/booty-builder.html

Weds: Glutes and Cardio
    Deadlift: 8 x 6 x 4 x 2
    Barbell Hip Thrusts 4 x 12
    Weighted Ball hip thrusts 4 x 25 (with 45# plate)
    Glute Bridge 4 x 60 seconds
    Kickbacks 4 x 20
    Pushups (these work chest/arms but by the time I'm finished with chest and arms I can't do any! haha)
    tummy tuck HIIT http://fitchicks-fitchicks.blogspot.com/2011/09/tummy-tuck.html

Thurs: Arms and Core
    SS:
    Bicep Curl 3 x 8
    Tricep Extension 3 x 8
    SS:
    skullcrusher 3 x 12
    Hammercurl 3 x 8
    Giant Set:
    Tricep Pulldown 3 x 8
    Concentration Curl 3 x 10
    Overhead Tricep Extension 3 x 10

Bench dips (elbows in for tricep focus) 3 x 5
    Pushups 3 x failure

Friday: Legs and Shoulders
    Squats: 3 x 6, 1 x 4
    DB Shoulder Press 4 x 6
    SS:
    Stiff-leg Deadlift: 3 x 6, 1 x 4
    Shoulder Shrugs: (with DL weights) 3 x 6
    Standing Leg Curl: 3 x 10
    SS:
    Front Raise: 4 x 6
    Lateral Raise: 4 x 6
    Arnold Press: 4 x 6

rockin' Body 25 minute dance video (cardio)

On the second leg day I now also do bulgarian split squats and I do lunges on the first leg day...

I also do everything with the heaviest weights that I can... my legs have progressed quickly but my arms are still slacking! I'm working on adding in pull-ups and chin-ups, but these dang weak arms! hah I don't count them unless I can finish them.. so.. meh.

I really recommend starting with a simpler program (the simplyshredded women's workout is straight-forward and awesome)
    It has everything you need and it's a good way to get into lifting. Form is REALLY important so be sure to watch videos on any lifts you aren't sure about doing. bodybuilding.com is awesome for these videos...

Hope that helps.. and please let me know if you have any other questions!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I am envious! I've been on this road for a long time, seriously for 12 weeks and haven't seen results like yours! I am sending you a private message, I want to know more! Keep it up!
  • edwardkkleung
    edwardkkleung Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What particular weight training sets did you do... this is awesome results!! Congrats!!:smile:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You look great, amazing job!!
  • LosingWeightKate
    LosingWeightKate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! And I agree with you. Strength training is definitely great!
  • Iberipped
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!