Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy?

Options
13»

Replies

• Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    So glad you called your doc and that they can get you in today. Will be thinking about you (in a not creepy way, of course)!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How did it go???! Hope you're okay!x
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How did it go???! Hope you're okay!x

My appointment is at 3:30.
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    I had an eptopic. I had a heavy heavy period with horrible cramps for a few days after I took the meds. Other than that nothing. I would go to the doctor tho or call in and see if they suggest coming in. Better safe than sorry.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hey, just saw this honey. Can you text me or email or whatever when you find out what's up?? You worry me.
  • teremenmar
    teremenmar Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had an ectopic in May. It was early enough that I didn't have pain and they gave me methotexate and the ectopic resolved :(
  • rml_16
    Options
    Good news: no EP.

Bad news: I may have a condition as a result of the ablation that could cause the pain to worsen over time and I may end up needing a hysterectomy as a result. Not for sure. They only way they can KNOW I have the condition is if they examine my uterus after a hysterectomy, so I may never know.

But at least I know I'm not going to die or need emergency surgery and I know what to expect down the road.

Thank you everyone for responding and your concern (again!).
  • rml_16
    Options
    Bump just in case anyone wanted an update and didn't see it. :-)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know :smile:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Me, I had one on November 22nd, scariest time of my life. I had to have laparoscopic surgery but they managed to save my tube. All this in a foreign country (Taiwan) the hospital, surgeons, doctors and nurses were all brill and really looked after me.
    I am still recovering but am getting better each day X
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    PS - If you experience any type of pain that doubles you up or is on one side in particular then please seek help x
  • adelahorn36
    adelahorn36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ectopic pregnancy is the result of a flaw in human reproductive physiology that allows the conceptus to implant and mature outside the endometrial cavity. Without timely diagnosis and treatment, ectopic pregnancy can become a life-threatening situation.