why do guys wear those workout gloves?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I didn't realize I looked dumb squatting with gloves on. I put them on when I leave the locker room and take them off when I'm completely done. Then again, I also wear a mouth guard and those hideous VS shoes. God, I must be a sight.

lol. don't worry, i've totally caught myself squatting or on the leg press machine still wearing my lifting gloves.

I put my gloves on when I get to the gym, and take them off in the car. To constantly put them on and take them off seems fussy to me.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I wonder if people people think I'm a sissy for wearing goggles in the pool and shoes when I run. :-( :-(

Screw you guys I'm calling my mom.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I wonder if people people think I'm a sissy for wearing goggles in the pool and shoes when I run. :-( :-(

There's a lot of barefoot running enthusiasts that think they're pretty bada$$.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, BSG fans makes trekkie nerds look cool.

Except that in Star Trek once in awhile someone gets shot with a laser and their entire body and clothes and shoes just phase out of the picture whereas in BSG people get blown up and shot and are left with gaping holes in their bodies and blood splattered around the place.

Of course, I am a fan of both. Except Deep Space Nine and some of the later movies with the cast from the original where they are saving whales and *kitten*.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I didn't realize I looked dumb squatting with gloves on. I put them on when I leave the locker room and take them off when I'm completely done. Then again, I also wear a mouth guard and those hideous VS shoes. God, I must be a sight.

lol. don't worry, i've totally caught myself squatting or on the leg press machine still wearing my lifting gloves.

I put my gloves on when I get to the gym, and take them off in the car. To constantly put them on and take them off seems fussy to me.

oh okay. you're right.

i'm going to change the way i work out now, to directly mirror how you work out.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Gloves are on my Christmas wish list!! Hope Santa bring me a nice pink pair!! :happy:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Any gif from BSG wins the thread. It's a rule.

seconded

people watch that show?

It ended a few years ago, so no, probably not a lot of people are watching it currently.

I'm trying to push Beans to watch it, but I'm probably going to need a hand. The show violates her "I refuse to watch awesomeness if it's set in the future" rule.

Yoovie, go tell Beans to watch this show.

From what I understand, BSG fans makes trekkie nerds look cool.

please. we don't say things like "beam me up." we say things like "sometimes, you got to roll the hard six."

Only a BSG fan would think that the second sounds any better than the first.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I feel more exposed and harassed right now about BSG than I've ever felt on this site about my diet or fitness choices.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN!!!!

Don't feel too bad, BSG is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I liked the original when I was a kid, and I like Star Trek and Star Wars, but the new BSG wasn't all that.

Edited to add: And please, for the love of naked mole rats, the show has been dead for years...can you people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP saying "Frak"!!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I feel more exposed and harassed right now about BSG than I've ever felt on this site about my diet or fitness choices.

Don't feel too bad, BSG is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I liked the original when I was a kid, and I like Star Trek and Star Wars, but the new BSG wasn't all that.

Your wall is about to blow up.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

:sad: :sad: I get it I get it, me and my velvety soft, dainty, lilly-white peds will delicately walk to somewhere we're appreciated! :sad: :sad:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    motivational-poster-battlestar-galactica-no-phasers-small.jpeg
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wear them when I use free weights- I plan to keep my hands beautiful- calouses are not attractive! :) Its like not wearing the right shoes for workouts- why would you not?
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options

:sad: :sad: I get it I get it, me and my velvety soft, dainty, lilly-white peds will delicately walk to somewhere we're appreciated! :sad: :sad:

I love men who get pedicures!! Truly sexy! Except when they go for polish! :wink:
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go do some bare handed deadlifts right now. Please provide some lulz for me to read when I return!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Edited to add: And please, for the love of naked mole rats, the show has been dead for years...can you people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP saying "Frak"!!

OMG! IS THAT WHERE ALL THAT STUPID "Frak" crap came from?!!!
    NOW I HATE THAT SHOW! WITH A VENGEANCE!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Someone once told me that they would rather drown than swim with a nose plug on. But he taught me a bunch of awesome so I wont drown him.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    motivational-poster-battlestar-galactica-no-phasers-small.jpeg

unless all those bombs are nuclear, I don't understand how you have flaming explosions in space without oxygen? Nuclear I would understand because of the fission, but would BSG really shoot off hundreds of nuclear bombs so haphazardly?
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a woman and started wearing gloves, because when the calluses started developing they HURT. I'd imagine the situation is similar for anyone. I also had an ex-boyfriend remark once on how my hands were a little rough, and, well . . . I can't imagine calluses would help THAT issue *cough cough* :wink: :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I wear them when I use free weights- I plan to keep my hands beautiful- calouses are not attractive! :) Its like not wearing the right shoes for workouts- why would you not?

I don't wear shoes to squat or deadlift, either. :tongue:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

OMG! IS THAT WHERE ALL THAT STUPID "Frak" crap came from?!!!
    NOW I HATE THAT SHOW! WITH A VENGEANCE!

big-bang-theory-star-trek-battlestar-galactica.PNG