Diet Pills???

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work. Eating healthy doesn't equal weight loss. Track your calories and set a budget.

This.

If diet pills worked noone would be overweight.

They do work, they increase your metabolism. Thus more calories burned and so if below maintenance more energy in the form of fat has the possibility of being burned.

In terms of the pill burning fat, a supplement would have to uncouple oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane, leading to a rapid consumption of energy without generation of ATP.

No legal diet pills for obvious reasons (if you understand the above) will do the above - it would generate heat and cause massive sweating and would be dangerous for the main populace to use since often people think more = better when infact more would = death.

Interestingly enough, there is a compound that does exactly that, although it's relatively easy to OD on it

raspberry ketones?

*SNORT*
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing.

Plenty of water, 30 or more minutes of execise 5 times a week, and at LEAST 1250 calories daily - You're sorted.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary and give some more info about yourself, I'm sure there would be plenty of us that would help you make sure your eating the right amount so you can be successful. Would you say that you have an issue with consistency?
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    I know how frustrating it can but but keep at it...you're not going to see results overnight.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did diet pills years ago. They worked....but they were scary s**t!! I wouldn't do it again. And I gained all the weight back anyway.
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    Even if the benefits are only in my head, they still count as benefits! I just started taking RAspberry Ketone.... Even if they don't work my burps taste like a raspberry milkshake...so still a good thing!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I know of a good one but it only works if you diet and exercise with it. this one's so good the even named a band after it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    v7mPY.gif
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was put on diet pills at an early age (12), when I was only a little overweight. I did lose a lot of weight, but was unable to maintain the weight because no one taught me how to eat properly and exercise. Now I'm not saying that this has anything to do with it, BUT, after I took the pills I suddenly have a thyroid problem (which wasn't there before) and I am prone to heart palpitations. I also gained back everything I lost plus about 80-90 lbs. Now, if my friends tell me they are taking diet pills, I lecture them....it doesn't work, but if I can save someone this misery, I will talk until my lips fall off!
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I won't tell you do or do not use them
    But I will tell you my cautionary tale
    I used ALOT of diet pills in high school. I used them as directed but they always made me feel shaky and gross. Then one night while at work my heart started beating irregularily and my hands went numb. I almost fainted. IT was a very scary moment
    Andddd I didn't lose any weight. so please just be careful in whatever your choice is
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Fat burners can help in conjunction with the proper diet and exercise program but if you don't do the work, the pills are a waste of money.
  • craigfinch
    Options
    Hi there i would add that yes everyone is right you have to log daily maintain calorie deficit and drink atleast 8 cups of water a day minimum. that being said i take raspberry keytone everyday i also take b12 tablet 1000 mg and green tea tablets three times a day i have found that these natural supplements are beneficial to my energy levels and they are to my knowledge not bad for you and also i have lost 35 pounds since july 20 of this year with little or no exercise thus far i do plan on starting a workout program this week as i am approaching the 200 lb mark and feel the time id right to start
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Hi there i would add that yes everyone is right you have to log daily maintain calorie deficit and drink atleast 8 cups of water a day minimum. that being said i take raspberry keytone everyday i also take b12 tablet 1000 mg and green tea tablets three times a day i have found that these natural supplements are beneficial to my energy levels and they are to my knowledge not bad for you and also i have lost 35 pounds since july 20 of this year with little or no exercise thus far i do plan on starting a workout program this week as i am approaching the 200 lb mark and feel the time id right to start
    Can't tell if srs or not
  • craigfinch
    Options
    Not familiar with the srs please elaborate
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    In terms of the pill burning fat, a supplement would have to uncouple oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane, leading to a rapid consumption of energy without generation of ATP.

Damn it, I was going to say that.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

as an experiment try keeping your diet and exercise the same, but cut out the pills
    Report back in 1 month
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I used to snort them, they gave me some energy son haha
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    How long have you been counting calories and working out? What are your food choices? What do you do for exercise and how often and how long?

I'm not sure I buy your "I'm doing everything right but not seeing results" line unless I can see what exactly what you are doing. Diet pills will not work long term. Once you stop them, you will gain all your weight back if you don't have healthy and active routines already in place.

QFT
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My trainer had me add fish oil, flax oil and olive oil into my diet.

I take fish oil with every meal, I take a teaspoon of flax oil in the morning and you put a tsp. of olive oil on all veggies.

Something about the combination promotes fat loss. If you want to try this, it won't hurt you. It does work for me.

Don't take diet pills though.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Even if the benefits are only in my head, they still count as benefits! I just started taking RAspberry Ketone.... Even if they don't work my burps taste like a raspberry milkshake...so still a good thing!

Um...ew.