Diet Pills???

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Diet pills will turn you into a meth head.

for a better high, exercise.

And dont forget, clean, healthy foods.

Slow and steady wins the race :)
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No diet pills....though I do take Stacker2 pre-work out on occasion....seems whenever I take it, I get a better work out......they are 0 calories....though some of the ingredients they have are kind of off the wall crazy names.....It's basically caffeine....about the equivalent to a cup of coffee. I only ever take half the shot, save the rest for the next cardio session.

Most anything else you are going to find on the market is thermogenics......(Lip 6, HydroxyCut Hardcore.....etc) but have no experience in that area......

I have also taken Apple Cider Vinegar pills, which contained B6, Lecithin, Iodine....though I can't attribute my weight loss to them....it all was basically a LOT of cardio, and counting calories.....

If you do decide to try the pills, definitely start with the lowest dose....heard horror stories about HydroxyCut Hardcore (post-recall.....lol) - due to the huge amount of caffeine source it has.....or something..
  • jhall585
    Options
    I tried pills when ephedra was legal. Probably fked up my metabolism forever. I'd stay away from supplements until you've learned how to lose and manage your weight on your own through good old fashioned discipline and hard work.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fat burners can help in conjunction with the proper diet and exercise program but if you don't do the work, the pills are a waste of money.

^^ Short Answer^^

What Matt_Wild said for longer answer. Bottom line most all "Fat Burner" pills are metabolism boosters, nothing more, nothing less. I use them for that extra kick in the gym, however I never take them on days I don't workout cause there is no benefit to me. Biggest advice is use the directions for the pill you choose. Different people react differently to these types of pills, and they are very easy to OD on if you aren't careful.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    MandMpills.jpg

Say no to drugs
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It isn't worth the risk. Log everything that goes in your mouth. Set a plan and stick to it. I took phentermine years ago and gained everything back. Yes they worked, no I didn't learn to eat correctly. Exercise and making a plan and sticking to it works. It's a life style change not an over night fix. I don't have low or high bp but when I took them my bp was always going too low. I gained back even more than I lost. Now 15 years later I'm doing it the right way. No it's not easy but what in life is? Learn to weigh everything good luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I tried pills when ephedra was legal. Probably fked up my metabolism forever. I'd stay away from supplements until you've learned how to lose and manage your weight on your own through good old fashioned discipline and hard work.

I'm interested in hearing why you think ephedra messed up your metabolism
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options

yeah..please tell us... *taps fingers on desk impatiently*
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose so you are not going to see it drop off fast. Nor should you.

Diet pills are a waste of money and can have an adverse effect on your health. So not worth it.

If you open your diary people may be able to help you lose what you need to lose while being healthy about it.
  • jhall585
    Options

not just the ephedra - my younger years of the bad habits, laziness, poor diet and pills.
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble, too. Have thought of starting pills as a last resort. Have been at this for 19 weeks and only two pounds lost. In the beginning my diet did not change, so yes, this was my fault. For the past two months, though, my diet HAS changed and I work out 5 times a week. I have trouble eating 1200 calories a day though. I just don't want to eat that much. I have upped my water, too, and I feel good, but the pounds won't budge. I did a calorie count and it tells me I need to eat 2404 a day for my height, weight, and activity level. This sounds like sooo much. :( I lift weights too, trying to tone. What am I doing wrong?? Please do NOT give me ****ty replies, I am not whining, just curious how you are all doing it and what am I doing wrong. Thanks!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    In terms of the pill burning fat, a supplement would have to uncouple oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane, leading to a rapid consumption of energy without generation of ATP.

Damn it, I was going to say that.

in english? :p
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It isn't worth the risk. Log everything that goes in your mouth. Set a plan and stick to it. I took phentermine years ago and gained everything back. Yes they worked, no I didn't learn to eat correctly. Exercise and making a plan and sticking to it works. It's a life style change not an over night fix. I don't have low or high bp but when I took them my bp was always going too low. I gained back even more than I lost. Now 15 years later I'm doing it the right way. No it's not easy but what in life is? Learn to weigh everything good luck!

I agree with what my friend above said... :-)

I have yet to see a diet pill that doesn't carry risk somewhere, somehow. Heart, kidney, and liver problems that are LIFELONG are not worth it.

Be diligent and honest in monitoring your food intake and your exercise. You may have to find what numbers work for YOUR body and not for everyone else's, but be sensible. If you are patient and dedicated you will lose the unwanted weight.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I wish I had all the money back I have spent on weight loss. Shots, pill, shakes and hypnosis. I have lost a lot but gained it all back time and time again. They didn't teach me to eat right and make better choices.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My trainer had me add fish oil, flax oil and olive oil into my diet.

I take fish oil with every meal, I take a teaspoon of flax oil in the morning and you put a tsp. of olive oil on all veggies.

Something about the combination promotes fat loss. If you want to try this, it won't hurt you. It does work for me.

Don't take diet pills though.
    Is your trainer a nutritionist or certified dietitian? I understand why the fish oil and flax oil but the benefits I've read of have little to do with weight loss. Olive oil is high in calories I don't see where that could help in weight loss. It's the combination that promotes fat loss? I'd be interested to see the scientific reasoning and the study done to prove this.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have trouble eating 1200 calories a day though. I just don't want to eat that much.

I never get this, if you're overweight you evidently had no problem eating more before so what's the issue now?
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Although I agree with most of this thread, I know how tough it is to lose 10-20 lbs - I've been trying to lose 10 pounds for it seems like 10 years. The closer you are to your goal weight the harder it can be. If you are anything like me, you lose 4 pounds, are estatic and promptly put them back on...then take them off again. I can see why you are looking for that pill to get you over the hump.

Although I struggle with the same issue, you may try carb cycling. For me, I need something different to try all the time and carb cycling can do that for you. This is what I am trying: On my high intensity weight lifting days, I eat healthy carbs. On the days I don't excercise or do cardio only (most) I do very low or no carbs. This allows me to mix it up and look forward to the foods I am allowed on different days, however I am still monitoring my calories and make sure I am within the appropriate range.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble, too. Have thought of starting pills as a last resort. Have been at this for 19 weeks and only two pounds lost. In the beginning my diet did not change, so yes, this was my fault. For the past two months, though, my diet HAS changed and I work out 5 times a week. I have trouble eating 1200 calories a day though. I just don't want to eat that much. I have upped my water, too, and I feel good, but the pounds won't budge. I did a calorie count and it tells me I need to eat 2404 a day for my height, weight, and activity level. This sounds like sooo much. :( I lift weights too, trying to tone. What am I doing wrong?? Please do NOT give me ****ty replies, I am not whining, just curious how you are all doing it and what am I doing wrong. Thanks!

You know what you are doing wrong - eat more...Your body needs fuel to lift and work out 5 times a week - you are not giving it what it needs, so it's hanging onto everything for dear life... Up your calories with 200 a day for a week, re-assess, up more....

And please don't give me the " I can't eat more - none of us had trouble eating too much before - trow in healthy stuff, full fat versions of dairy and nuts - It is not hard to eat a hand full of nuts....
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Are you logging every thing that goes into your mouth? Weighing and measuring every single thing? If so and you really want advice open up your food diary and let people have a look. Then also a detailed description of your exercise. How long, how much, and how hard. I see people in the gym everyday just putting in their time but not working at it.

If you haven't already you should consult a doctor. Going into the doctor with the information I laid out above will allow them to help you much better than the amount of information you gave in your post. There may be a medical reason for your weight gain and difficulty in losing it.

Most times people that aren't making progress that think they should be aren't exercising as much or eating as healthy as they think they are. You shouldn't have to weigh measure and account for every morsel of food that you eat forever just until you get a grip on it.