When Dogs poop!

Options

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Dog pee, I don't care about, but dog poop needs to be disposed of. It pollutes our oceans (true story) and is disgusting and unsanitary.

Who's picking up bear poop? And wolf poop? And badger poop?

They poop on their own property.

What about coyote poop? They poop on my lawn. Who's butt should I kick?

Get a gun, go huntin....
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    What would you have us do, carry around a roll of paper towels and blot your lawn dry?
    Good lord.

Nope, but perhaps keep the dog on a leash so it doesn't come all the way into my yard in the first place. I know I keep my dog on a leash or in a fenced area any time shes outside.

My dog is always leashed when outside of my fenced in yard. But if they happen to veer a little to the left and pee on your lawn instead of the city sidewalk, Im not going to get bent out of shape about it.
    Also in response to the gentleman who thinks we can control where our dogs pee, yes, I walk my dogs in public areas (I mean, really did you think I was just cruising into people's private property?) but again, I dont necessarily know that they are going to pee right then and there, they stop, squat and go. So if its not on the sidewalk and happens to be on the edge of someone's lawn, well, **** happens. (pun intended, obviously).

Look, I'll do my best to make sure my dog doesnt poop or pee on your property, but sometimes, pee will happen, and if poop happens I'll clean it up.

Again I say, there is probably a better use of the dog hating/owner judging energy you're spewing out.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    A lady walking her dog yelled at a guy I know for peeing on a tree.. He said " I don't yell at your dog for peeing on that bush". She walked away!!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Dog pee kills the grass and creates yellow spots of death.

yes if the dog is female, no if it is a male, different hormones, also if you see a dog pee on your lawn or for those who own dogs, you can prevent any lawn spots by immediately flushing the area they pee'd with water, better solution - if you have apple cider vinegar add a few tablespoons to the water first then flush the lawn area with it, no yellow or browning lawn spots, easy fix!

I have 2 dogs (formerly 3 sighs, RIP sweet cookie monster), my lawn looks like a photo out of home and garden magazine even with 3 dogs using it for potty emergencies!!! LOL I agree dog poop should be picked up on walks (and I do) unless it is not possible, sometimes its just not solid and cant be gotten, theres not much you can do then and I feel bad if I have to leave it, but you can try and it wont do much but spread into the grass. totally gross. btw, doggy diapers dont work lol.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    What would you have us do, carry around a roll of paper towels and blot your lawn dry?
    Good lord.

Nope, but perhaps keep the dog on a leash so it doesn't come all the way into my yard in the first place. I know I keep my dog on a leash or in a fenced area any time shes outside.

My dog is always leashed when outside of my fenced in yard. But if they happen to veer a little to the left and pee on your lawn instead of the city sidewalk, Im not going to get bent out of shape about it.
    Also in response to the gentleman who thinks we can control where our dogs pee, yes, I walk my dogs in public areas (I mean, really did you think I was just cruising into people's private property?) but again, I dont necessarily know that they are going to pee right then and there, they stop, squat and go. So if its not on the sidewalk and happens to be on the edge of someone's lawn, well, **** happens. (pun intended, obviously).

Look, I'll do my best to make sure my dog doesnt poop or pee on your property, but sometimes, pee will happen, and if poop happens I'll clean it up.

Again I say, there is probably a better use of the dog hating/owner judging energy you're spewing out.

Dog hating, no, owner judging.....yes.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    What about whale poop?

Well, if it's whale poop, save that!! Get rich!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Oh, you reminded me... I need to go pee.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Just not on the grass.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options

TL;DR - don't get in a dog poop fight with people who own Great Danes.

I have a Great Dane and I approve this message.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Just not on the grass.

But on the bush.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Just not on the grass.

But on the bush.

Cape, what are you trying to say?????????
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    gif-dog-dolphin-283054.gif
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    There are no bushes! What should I do?!
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    Your owner should really be controlling this situation and rushing you home to pee on your own lawn. Hold it until that happens.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    I am blessed that my dog is curtious enough to only poop in the woods and never in a neighbors yard( or her own). But I do have anal neighbors that complain of pee. GMAB, what do they want people to do dab it up with paper towel. Their ***** is that certain dogs urine kills grass. This I know well enough mine did that, but I got a supplement that nuetralizes it. Some people need to know what battle to pick and enjoy life more.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Your owner should really be controlling this situation and rushing you home to pee on your own lawn. Hold it until that happens.

This.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Dog pee, I don't care about, but dog poop needs to be disposed of. It pollutes our oceans (true story) and is disgusting and unsanitary.

Who's picking up bear poop? And wolf poop? And badger poop?

Cow poop? Pigeon poop? What about ancient dino poop?

I didn't post the original statement about oceans, but I can take a stab at it. I think the real problem is about more urban areas where stormwater collections systems empty, untreated, into waterways. (Note many stormwater collection systems are completely separate from sanitary sewers and water is not treated before discharge). This, in combination with high concentrations of poop, is what causes the probelem. There are just not enough wolves and badgers pooping in high enough concentrations near urban watersheds to cause a problem e.g. the wolf poop tends to be widely distributed in remote areas where it usually decomposes before running off into water sources. That said, many/most water sources in North America are contaminated and it is unsafe (or at least unwise) to drink unfiltered water due to the risk of contracting giardia etc and this contamination in rural areas often comes from runoff polluted by agricultural uses and/or wild animals.

More info: http://www.doodycalls.com/resources_pet_waste_virginia_water_quality.asp
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I am blessed that my dog is curtious enough to only poop in the woods and never in a neighbors yard( or her own). But I do have anal neighbors that complain of pee. GMAB, what do they want people to do dab it up with paper towel. Their ***** is that certain dogs urine kills grass. This I know well enough mine did that, but I got a supplement that nuetralizes it. Some people need to know what battle to pick and enjoy life more.

Your dog is courteous? Does she shake paws when meeting strangers?

Does she stand when humans enter the room?

Does she hold doors open for the person behind her?
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    this is why I have two dogs...When the bigger dog poops the smaller dog eats it coz he likes hot meals...The smaller dog then poops and becuse he's a Dachsund they are small...I only have to deal with the small ones
  • LMick1986
    Options
    Your dog is courteous? Does she shake paws when meeting strangers?

Does she stand when humans enter the room?

Does she hold doors open for the person behind her?

My dog will sit at the top of the stairs, waving when people come in and out. He's so kind.