1235»

Replies

• beachbrat1
    Options
    EAT PROTIEN!
  • cbk93
    cbk93 Posts: 35
    Options
    Almonds(unsalted), apple a/o celery with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter, fresh veggies & hummus, frozen Greek yogurt bites, frozen grapes( green being my favorite frozen). Hot cup of herbal tea or coffee.
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was once told that the 'hungry feeling' was actually your body going into your stored fat and burning it off! So if you embrace that hungry feeling than you'll lost weight quicker. I don't know... it worked for me a couple times when I couldn't seem to get full after a good workout. And drinking water helps too.
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I should add... that doesn't mean starve yourself!!! Make sure you get all the nutrients you need! lol
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am eating every 2 to 3 hours. 3 snacks 3 meals. 800 cals is not enough, no wonder you're hungry. Your body needs fuel to burn fuel. Anything under 1200 is not healthy. Pounds melted off when I increased my calorie goal. Good luck.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    -Eat fattier foods & less/no sugar at meal time
    -Drink Hot tea
    -go for a walk
    -meditate
    -Sometimes ya just gotta eat, so make the decision beforehand what you're going to eat and how much when you break.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Vegetables. Protein. Enough healthy fats. Sweet potatoes are good. Eat lots of "super foods" and you at least can minimize your nutritional deficiencies.
  • green_nurse
    green_nurse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    maybe he had weight loss surgery?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow!

Come one! even someone that eats 3000 cal per day can still be hungry...
    Not everyone is made the same. period.

Hate to tell you, we aren't all special snowflakes. When you under eat, like yourself and the OP, your body will source energy from an alternate source. If it isn't from calories, it will catabolize lean body mass. This means, he weight loss will mostly be from muscle. This is a problem due to metabolic adaptation. It will slow down, his LBM will decrease and you will provide less support for your body in terms of structure, immune system, insulin control, etc... We all gave him the answer to fixing his hunger, but neither you or he wants to accept that answer.

LMAO... no seriously... stop.. my tummy hurts.

haha.. yes.. no really... google lbm + vlcd.. haha, track your lean body mass.. hahah, educate before you discriminate.. ahaha.. thanks.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I eat....

^^^This
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I eat....
    ^^^^
    I have personally found that if I make sure to eat certain foods or more specifically hit my protein macro-nutrient, I am not as hungry as often. A lot of it depends on how long food takes to digest. This is why empty calories can be bad for you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    What I'm amazed at is that for the amount of fervor that posts about calorie counts at 1,000 get - this at 800 has received relatively little vitriol. *boggle*
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I found that eating my food a small amount every hour or so helped. Not necessarily eating more, but breaking it up, like half a sandwich, etc.

Also I saw a programme where one group at a meal, and the other group ate the same meal, blended into a soup. They looked into their stomachs and the food stayed in the stomach of the soup group longer than the solid food people.