HOW I found the time. And YOU can too.

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
I get a LOT of people on MFP and on my blog, asking "How do you find the time to exercise? I'm so busy I don't have time."

Here's the answer. You MAKE the time. You MAKE yourself a priority. BE selfish about this. It's your health, it's your life.

It is important.

Do you spend ANY time watching TV? Take that thirty minutes and exercise instead.

Do you spend ANY time checking facebook, MFP, Instagram, reddit, message boards, Pinterest, etc? TAKE THAT TIME BACK.

Reprioritze. Chances are that you DO have thirty-sixty minutes a few times a week to give up something you're doing, and replace it with fitness.

Incorporate YOUR fitness into your schedule.

Are you a busy parent with kids in activities? Schedule yourself exercise time right into that busy schedule just like you would an activity for your kid.

Are you a busy student spending loads of time studying? Schedule in your exercise just like you would a class or study session.

If you want this badly enough, I promise you, you can make it work.

It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it.

No more excuses.

This is how I started:

IMG_5168.jpg
(How did I end up in a wheelchair? ~~~~~> http://www.joyzyblog.com/my-story/ )
20110624_002.jpg

And this is how I'm finishing:
photo-118-1.jpg
photo-113.jpg

270lbs to 161lbs. Size 24 to size 8.

From Slow and heavy and exhausted........ to faster and lighter and energetic.

YOU are worth it. Your health is worth it. Your family is worth it. Just get up and move. Get out there and DO IT.

ETA: I am a 32 year old 5'8" mother of three kids ages 2, 4, 6. Currently I run 6-7 days/week and lift weights 2x/week. I started in August 2011 and it took 11 months to lose the first 100 pounds. For the last 4 months I've been working on running speed and endurance, and lifting heavy weights to build muscle, and have lost about another 8-9 lbs during that time.

Replies

• kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are a total Rockstar.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's RIGHT Joy! So inspiring... I get a second wind every time I hear it.
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Joyzy you are a REAL INSPIRATION!!! WoW.... Great Job!!!
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing and inspiring photos!!! Thanks for making us think.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! I love seeing your story EVERY time! You are truly amazing!
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. I needed a reminder. :flowerforyou:
  • slimjourney
    Options
    your right no more excuses, thanks for the inspiration. you look great!! Go Girl
  • kellis155
    Options
    Amazing. Great, job... and so motivational! You look fantastic.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on mfp..she squeezes in zumba at work in her OFFICE at lunch time. It's time to debunk this " I don't have time" excuse for once and for all.
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! And you are so right, everyone has the time if you just look for it. Keep it up, you are doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! One of the things I do is IF (very big if because I almost never watch it) I watch TV I get on the treadmill we set up in the same room deliberately.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    DAMN girl, LOOK at YOU!!! Holy crap you look awesome!!
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i COULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS BETTER! This journey has to be about making healthy your priority...if you're not ready to do that, then there is no point on embarking on a journey you are setting yourself up to fail. Exercise is hard, it hurts if you are a larger person (zumba at almost three hundred pounds was almost unbearable), yes it can be inconvienant....but it is absolutely necessary to sustain a long term weight loss goal.
  • riasntx
    riasntx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!!!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Your goal is simple: Take exercise off the priority list.

Sacrilegious you say? Not so fast.

There's a lot of things we do that aren't on a list, prioritized or not. Being healthy is probably not one of them or we wouldn't be in the situation we are (or were) in.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    that was very well said and an amazing story! Great job!

People, exercise has to become a lifestyle....you either choose to make the time or you dont. To me exercise is a part of my daily routine, just like eating, sleeping, etc. I dont ever budge off of it and I plan my days around it. If i cant work out in the morning, I find a way to do it in the afternoon or evening and vise versa. I never lose this routine....even on holidays and vacations I still make the time. After a while you will become to enjoy and depend on it I have found. I am miserable on days I cant work out...it really is good for the mind, body and soul!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Incredibly inspirational!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    you inspire me and you're just all around a BADASS woman!!!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look AMAZING! Very inspiring! :bigsmile:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You're fantastic. I was just sitting here thinking of excuses to not get in a run before my class. Lacing up and leaving now. :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!