So, how about that coffee...

Options

Replies

• dorkyhippy
    Options
    I start my day with coffee and end it with wine. Not giving up either, even if it means needing to burn more calories.

I love you!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Love it, too.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up coffee but then there was no real need to as I only take it black. The only thing which should go in coffee is more coffee.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    The world does not want to see what I'd be like without my coffee.

I drink it black. Best low calorie drink ever.
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I need my coffee. I switched from light cream to low fat half and half and cut it down to one cup in the morning.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use a one cup Moka pot for my coffee; it produces a strong, espresso-like brew. I'll heat up milk (1 cup), stir in sweetener and then pour in the coffee. If I use 1% milk and sugar, it's 145 calories. I can live with that. I also prefer it to Starbucks at this point :D

108211?defaultImage=noimage_wasserstrom&wid=227&hei=227&fmt=jpg

Are you Cuban?

I love my Cafe con Leche. I have been drinking coffee since kindergarten so there is no way I can give it up. I like it to much.
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Studies have shown that in moderate amounts (about 300 mg caffeine per day), there is little to no evidence of health risks and some studies have shown health benefits from low to moderate amounts of coffee. So enjoy your coffee! Just be careful when adding sugar and creamer.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love coffee!! I'm up at 4:45 every morning, I need it. But I don't do sugar and I do half and half. Typically a cup at home and a cup at work (thank goodness for the work Keurig, that thing is a gem).
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Are you Cuban? I love my Cafe con Leche. I have been drinking coffee since kindergarten so there is no way I can give it up. I like it to much.

I'm not Cuban, but a Cuban friend introduced me to this coffee pot and cafe con leche. Soooooo good!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is very healthy, protects against many serious diseases, like stroke, diabetes, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's.

Doesn't seem to help Dad's side. He died of Alzheimer's, his brother has Alzheimer's, his sister has Parkinson's and a good chunk of the older population on that side has had a stoke. We're all a few late nights away from forgoing water altogether and just doing lines of coffee grounds. :)

I *really* want that to be true, though!
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing. Don't be concerned!
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I drink coffee cause I love the taste! I love the warm feeling it gives me, expeically now that winter has started (Canadian girl here!). I ususally go for a Starbucks blond or pike with nonfat milk. I find sugar / sweetener ruisn the taste!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I still have flavored creamer and a lil splenda in my coffee but usually only a tsp to 1/2 tbsp per cup and my cup size is easily 10-12 oz haha
    Weekends, now that it's cold, I tend to drink more but it fits in my macros and cals so all good
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER give up my coffee!! I have never had any issues losing weight drinking coffee. I did switch to black coffee to save my cals for food. If I gave up coffee I would be a zombie trying to shuttle 5 kids to and from all that their days entail.... It doesn't mess with my sleep at all. Thats probably because I drink 3+ cups a day hehe
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee, because I love the taste. I drink caffeinated and decaffeinated. I drink espresso and AeroPress. I sometimes have a latte with almond or cow milk, to get some calcium. *Sometimes* I add cream and xylitol, but generally I find coffee is best black. I used to hate black coffee, but once I started choosing better coffees - freshly roasted, fairly/directly-traded, organic whole bean, ground just prior to use... black was easy - adding anything actually ruins a good cup.

Thanks to taso42 planting the bug in my ear about it, I'm about to jump into home-roasting... Whenever my 4lbs of green Guatemalan beans arrive, likely next week. I can't wait!

Some of my favorites are coffees from Peru, Ethiopia, and I like a light Mocha Java blend for espresso, lattes, or my occasional regular cup with cream and xylitol (this is one that I prefer espresso-strong black but not regular-cup black).

I brew at home. Chains suck.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee a LOT. I usually drink it black with one Equal so once in a while I'll put fancy stuff in it and it makes it a big f*&%ing special deal to me! :smile:

I also budget some calories for Starbucks Doubleshot Energy a couple times a week - usually Mondays (yawn) and Fridays (bigger yawn)..
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love my morning coffee! I would never give it up! :drinker:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor and she said it really doesn't have any short term or long term side effects (for me, this could be different for someone else) as long as I'm not drinking like more than a pot a day. She said 2-3 cups a day isn't going to hurt me at all. She also stated the obvious and said to just be careful about what you put in it. This is just one doc's opinion, but it sounds good to me. I have about 2 cups per day with skim and half a splenda usually.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and about 1/4 cup whole milk..Have 1 to 2 cups every day and I am still losing weight.

The red wine is worse on stopping weight loss so coffee is my new evil addiction.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have my Keurig Machine right at my desk at work, and have several cups of Green Mountain Nantucket Blend with Truvia and International Delight Caramel Macchiato Creamer every day. I don't need it to stay awake, but I do love it. It is 39 calories per cup. Just make sure you track it. It has not hindered my weight loss at all, but it does keep me regular and it is easier to get up and be active.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I use a one cup Moka pot for my coffee; it produces a strong, espresso-like brew. I'll heat up milk (1 cup), stir in sweetener and then pour in the coffee. If I use 1% milk and sugar, it's 145 calories. I can live with that. I also prefer it to Starbucks at this point :D

108211?defaultImage=noimage_wasserstrom&wid=227&hei=227&fmt=jpg

Are you Cuban?

I love my Cafe con Leche. I have been drinking coffee since kindergarten so there is no way I can give it up. I like it to much.

Kindergarten? Oh, you MUST be Cuban then :)

I'm not, just a coffee drinker/ addict since 12 (late starter :P ). Was raised on strong American style, but discovered pulled espresso in high school. When I started working for Cubans, I discovered the Cuban way of doing it and haven't looked back! I bought a couple of Moka pots at Sedanos a while back (a 6 cup and a 1 cup) and am good for a Cafe con Leche in the morning and a couple of Cafecitos in the afternoon. When in Miami I'm the one buying all the Coladas LOL

I can't give it up, either. See my angry cat post for reference.

SHUT UP I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM. :P