So, how about that coffee...

Options

Replies

• Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee. I have 2 (sometimes 2.5) small perked cups in the morning with a splash of milk. And I must have a latte in the afternoon. I make them at home, just espresso and 2% milk. If I'm not home, I will buy a latte from somewhere, but it's still just espresso and milk. I don't like all the sweetened flavored stuff.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My rule: Everything in moderation!

I switched from liquid flavored creamer to powder (10 cals per tsp) and switched my sugar out with Splenda or Stevia. I have 2 cups of coffee a day, each with 3 tsp's of creamer and 1 packet of splenda. Total calories from coffee is roughly 68. As for the caffeine, I don't worry about it because that is my total caffeine consumption for the day. On weekends I usually only drink 1 cup of coffee.

My every once in a while treat (like maybe once a month) is a Grande Skinny Vanilla Late from Starbucks. I used to drink one at least 3+ times a week so this was a huge cut back for me :-)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    3 months ago I was drinking at least a whole pot (sometimes 2) a day and adding a ton of flavored creamer. I'd go through a 32iz. bottle of creamer in a week. Not to mention I also added sugar. Up to today, I haven't had coffee in the last 3 months. Today I went and bought me some Dunkin Original Blend, sugar free flavored creamer, and some more Splenda. Just finished my first cup--my goodness I have missed my coffee!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee all day long. I don't add anything to it however. I do mix in water to get my liquids in me as well for balance. I don't include coffee in my water consumption.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "if you take my morning coffee from me I will kill you" bandwagon. I enjoy my 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning (2 on workdays, more like 3 on weekends), with creamer. I did switch to a more natural creamer (Darigold) made with half and half rather than the coffeemate stuff, so at least now my coffee additive isn't "partially hydrogenated blah blah blah".
  • LoreyGiblin
    Options
    i couldn't live without my coffee! i think coffee only becomes a hinder dependent upon your age. For the most part, there are few calories and it's a nice energy boost. keep drinking!
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    I have given up on many things - but COFFEE IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the stuff. Used to drink it black and loved it. Can't drink it black anymore though after the bariatric surgery, so I have to count the creamers in my daily calorie log. And It does count as water according to my nutrionist. Less food daily, but for me, so worth it. :drinker:
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get cranky when there's too much blood in my caffeine system

THIS.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee... I usually go to Starbucks and order the "skinny" version of whatever I want. Ends up under 200 calories. Coffee at home is nothing compared to that for me!
  • Monie_LG
    Options
    I need my coffee in the morning, I feel like a zombie if I don't have it. My day cannot start without it!
    Regarding weight loss, as someone else had said, it's all about what you put in it. I tend to stay away from lattes and all that and stick to regular coffee with a tiny bit of skim milk. No sugar.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I drink 10 cups a day black. I've lost 26 pounds since February 2011.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Coffee has negligible calories, is an appetite suppressant and a stimulant plus contains anti-oxidants. So, drink up.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i drink a lot of coffee. i barely sleep its needed. ive lost half my body weight and always have coffee through out the day it most certainly hasnt affected my dieting xxx
  • angusmike
    Options
    Only drug I abuse. You'll have to pry my coffee mug from my cold, dead fingers!!:angry:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Large coffee with and ounce of heavy cream in the morning.

Cup of coffee with a dash of cream in the afternoon.

Occasional peppermint mocha during the winter...

My philosophy is that life's too long to live without things you truly enjoy. As long as I can fit in the calories and the fat grams, why the heck not?!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Coffee is mostly a weekend treat for me, or if I'm -really- craving some Starbucks. I load that bad boy up with creamer and sugar and don't even feel bit bad about it. That being said, I usually only have somewhere between 2-4 cups for the entire weekend, depending on how I'm feeling. :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    When it comes to my morning cup of coffee there is NO skimping period! I make a travel mug size of Donut Shop by Coffee People Keurig Kcup with 2 spoonfuls of Domino pure cane sugar and 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey Chocolate and Caramel Creamer every morning and have managed to lose a few pounds in the process... Best of Luck....
  • angusmike
    Options
    Oh, yeah. I drink it black. The only adverse effect I've noticed is that it makes it harder to get a good steady hold with my pistol (trembles just a slight bit). Otherwise, its all good.
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    I'm pretty much like the McDonald's commercial when the guy says "Don't talk to me I haven't had my coffee yet."

**This is my face when that happens: http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/6/1/129199075544734101.jpg **:noway: