How do you BAKE a Juicy Chicken Breast??

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Buy a meat thermometer. That is the best tool for juicy baked chicken. Set the oven to 375, salt and pepper boneless skinless chicken breasts (and throw some garlic powder on too), and then check the chicken maybe 25-30 minutes after it's in the oven. Once it hits 160', take it out. It will be delicious and juicy!
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My favorite quick and easy way is to lay a square of foil out and spray with cooking spray. Then I add either a sauce, pineapple ring and green pepper ring, some salsa verde or rojo, ff salad dressing or just about anything tasty for moisture and seal it up. Pop it into a 325 degree oven and bake until done (depends on weight obviously). Juicy and falls apart. Yummy too.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Juicy meat has everything to do with cooking temperature. If you use a thermometer pulling your meat once it is at the proper temperature will ensure juicyness.

Chicken breast should be cooked to 161 degrees, allowed to rest, the temp will rise a few degrees upwards, but any higher temperatures in the meat higher than that will just dry out the chicken.

Beef cooking temps are a little easier, ground beef goes to 160, medium is 150 degrees, and med rare is pulled at 145

Don't screw around with pork, that gets 165 every time.

Any higher temps in meat = dried out rubber. Like on Hells Kitchen.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Put the chicken in the pan.

Season how ever you wish.

Add a little water to the bottom of the pan.

Cover and bake.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    Drizzle a frozen breast with EVOO..sprinkle with pepper and coarse salt....bake.

Turn oven off 10 minutes before taking it out of the oven. Do not poke at it..poking releases the juices.

Should be yummy and quite juicy :-)
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I bake mine on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. I then beat it so it is an even piece, (I put it in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin lol) season both sides and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. These make juicy evenly cooked chicken that my whole family gobbles up!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am breaking the rules here as this is not baked........

This does not look appealing but it tastes great!

For more flavor add a cup of salsa to the following recipe:

Diet Coke Chicken:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4774977_diet-coke-chicken.html
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    easy answer - Don't cook it on high heat (325 is fine) and Don't cook it too long. (I usually just judge depending on how they look, how big they are and how many I'm cooking but usually 20 mins is more than enough) if ur not sure use a meat thermometer...

also marinate the chicken
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Brine it first - there are lot's of recipes but basically soak the chicken in water, a little salt & sugar for about an hour then cook how you like.

Makes 4 Honey-Brined Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Total Time: 5 minutes
    Ingredients:

1 quart cold water
    1/4 cup salt
    1/4 cup honey
    4 large (8-oz) boneless-skinless chicken breasts

Preparation:
    Add the water, salt, and honey to a 4-qt container. Whisk until the salt is completely dissolved. Add the chicken breast, and place a small plate on top to assure the chicken is submerged.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 2 hours. Remove the chicken from the brine, and pat dry with paper towels. They're now ready to cook in any recipe that calls for boneless-skinless chicken breasts.

I agree wholeheartedly!!! You can add herbs or spice to the brine solution also. I add onion, garlic, celery and carrot put it all in a pot and bring to a simmer to blend the flavors. Cool before adding chicken. I rinse before I cook and let the chicken get close to room temp before baking.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Bump.... I tend to over cook my food so want to read these suggestions.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Same way you bake a dry chicken breast...

...only not as long.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions!
  • luvsclassics
    luvsclassics Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I bought the boneless chicken tenderloins.

Lemon- Pepper chicken

Line the 9 x 13 baking pan with Aluminum foil, add some EVOO cooking spray to the pan.

Season each chicken piece with both lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder, add olive oil drops to each chicken piece
    Put another piece of Aluminum foil on top of the chicken.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes. Came out yummy for one who like the taste of lemon.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I personally like to marinated mine in some kind of light Italian dressing before I bake it. The trick is to not overcook it, typically a 4 ounce chicken breast will only take about 15 mins in a 350 degree oven. If you are unsure if it is done or not your best bet is to get a probe thermometer and as soon as it is 165 degrees in the center take it out of the oven and it will be juicy in the center.

This. Most people seriously overcook meat and it turns out dry and, IMHO, unedible. Hint - if your spouse overcooks the meat, don't tell her. She'll never let you live it down and you end doing all the cooking.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I bought a NuWave and they've upgraded to a more durable plastic dome. The glass versions of other table-top use halogen lights and aren't well supported via online forums and recipes like the NuWave is.
    A very very VERY easy way to do it if you are a person who likes convenience is to purchase a "New wave oven" I think they call them convection ovens or something like that. I love cooking but sometimes when I am super busy I need something faster and this thing shocked me on how juicy everything turned out! It is quite the machine I love mine :) I do veggies in it to and they turn out pretty great and in 1/2 the time! I am not a saleswoman by the way I just really like mine.

I looked into getting one, but the reviews deterred me. There are other brands of convection ovens that come with glass domes instead of the plastic ones the NuWave comes with, if I were to get one I would choose one of those since people tended to have trouble with the plastic on the dome cracking over time.

*Also read that their customer service was a nightmare... hopefully you will not have these experiences. :)
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Put a can of water in the oven, The steam will keep it from drying out.....