Avocado??

Options
loveskinny27
loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
Going to try avocado - have ad it in guacamole before but never as an ingredient in a meal and am looking for some tasy ideas & recipies??

thanks

Jo :smile: :drinker:

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    OMG so many... in sushi (california rolls)...on regular salads...on a taco salad...on a turkey burger patty with pepperjack...on a scramble of egg whites, lower fat cheese, black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, & salsa ...in Vietnamese roll wrappers with any other veggies of your choice and some tofu or shrimp ...on a turkey wrap on 100 calorie whole wheat tortilla with tomato, lettuce, salsa, red onion, and light cheese. i love, love avocados!
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love mine just straight out the skin with a (TEENY) dash of salt. Pair it with some rice and chicken hhhhhhnnnng
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love it in a sandwich with fresh bakery bread smeared with relish and fried/scrambled egg! Or chopped into a pasta dish with tomato sauce...I've even had it with peanut butter and jam sandwiches LOL weird I know but it tastes good! x
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm yum they all sound soooooooo yummy - thanks all and please keep the ideas coming x
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I like adding thick slices to grilled chicken wraps/sandwiches. No need for mayo/mustard!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think it's really nice blended up smooth (with fresh herbs, some citrus juice, garlic, etc) and tossed with whole wheat pasta and veggies. I've also blended it with laughing cow cheese and it's almost like a healthier version of alfredo sauce. Almost. :]
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Blend it with some cocoa and honey, becomes chocolate pudding!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    mashed with a hard boiled egg and some lime juice.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Deli Style Sliced Turkey
    Bacon (U.S. style)
    Avocado
    Sprouts
    Cayenne Pepper
    Black Pepper
    Garlic Powder
    Wrapped in a Tortilla

Yummy,...Now step back people, I dont want you to catch an elbow cuz Im fixin to hurt myself.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    On top of a fried egg
    Cubed and on salads
    On sandwiches
    In any Mexican soup
    Peeled with salt all by itself.

LOVE avocado!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I put mine on toast with some tomato slices-- sooo good.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    LOVE AVOCADO! You can use it in so many things! I eat mine in salads, with grilled chicken, or just straight up. It's a great substitute for mayo on sandwiches....just as creamy and has good for you fats! :happy:
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i mix it with crab meat :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I mash it up, add shredded chicken breast, a couple of green onions, some fresh cilantro, and lime juice - delish chicken salad! I put 1/2 cup in a pita, add a bunch of fresh veggies, and I've got a full lunch!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    5-6 oz Shredded chicken (I like to use rotisserie chicken without the skin)
    Half an avocado
    1 TB ranch dressing
    3 TB salsa

Smush it all together. Eat with a fork, in a wrap, on top of lettuce as a salad. *drool*
  • Curvatures
    Options
    ON EVERYTHING! Or just eat it with a spoon, with a squeeze of lime.

One of my favorites is on my fish tacos though. I sautee tilapia fillets in a non stick skillet, and then add some grated sharp cheddar, and some hot sauce, and break up the fish into a gooey chunky yummy mess. Pop it into a warmed mini tortilla, and top it with what is basically a simplified guacamole - diced avocado, diced tomato, diced red onion, lime juice, cilantro. It's fast, it's real food, it has protein, it has veggies, and you can do whole wheat tortillas to make it even healthier!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this I love Avocados and just reading this tread is making my mouth water...lol
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I found out you can blend it into protein shakes and I tried it (although I was worried about the flavor). It thickened it up and I couldn't even taste it. Double win!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Remove skin, slice in half the long way and remove pit. Break an egg in to each hollow where the pit was and bake until the egg is cooked to your liking. Yum!
  • MichiganGirl42
    MichiganGirl42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found this on Pinterest:

Avocado Hummus

1. Add the following to your food processor:
    -1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
    -1 avocado, cubed
    -juice from 1/2 of a lime
    -1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of olive oil (a lower fat option: substitute oil for juice from the beans)
    -1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    -1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2. Blend until smooth.... EASY AS THAT!