Anti Inflammatory Diet Grocery list

Options
1235»

Replies

• californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Make sure you avoid farmed fish; they are fed diets that are not natural to them and it affects their fatty acid profile of their flesh. Farmed salmon is the worst- eating that is inflammatory, as opposed to the wild caught, which is higher in O-3s. Fish oil (from wild sources) is also critical.

You may hear that eggs and chicken are inflammatory foods, but the ones they looked at were commercial. I would bet money that eggs from chickens that are *actually* free range- aka live in someone's yard and eat bugs, grass, etc, not "vegetarian" (which chickens are NOT!) are probably full of O-3s. Same with the chickens themselves. That also goes for grass fed beef or pork that is raised more naturally and sustainably.

Read "The War Within" by Dr. Chilton, an excellent book on curing inflammatory conditions with diet. He's way against farm raised fish (we should be too- bad for the fish and the environment).

good luck

Yes, all of this is true and should be considered.

Thank you for that! I am on a very limited budget, so I cannot afford any of this, but I will definitely look into supplements. :)
  • sandyn2
    sandyn2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Although my CPR and SED rate (inflammatory markers) were both in the normal range, I was told by my doctor to go on an anti-inflammatory diet, which he described as NO gluten, sugar, dairy, genetically modified foods (which means most corn), soy or artificial sugars/ colors.

To those of you who commented that the poster should just go on the diet her doctor recommended, I will say this is a difficult diet to follow if you are accustomed to eating like the average American. I completely understand why she would reach out for ideas about this type of diet because it is limiting. I formerly ate cereal and milk for breakfast most days and now I can have neither.

A friend suggested a phone app that ranks foods either with a positive number or negative number. The idea is to have a (high) positive number for your diet at the end of the day but some of the food on the app doesn't completely agree with the instructions from my doctor (I can't remember what specifically just noticed a contradiction).

I found this post while searching for some breakfast ideas. I wonder if I can have Greek yogurt, for example. Although it's a dairy product, as someone mentioned earlier the whey is skimmed from it so it doesn't have all the components of typical dairy. I don't want to cheat but I want to eat as many different foods as I can.

Good luck with this everyone. I hope it works for you.