Older members?

Options

Replies

• mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 59 this month. Joined MFP in Jan 2012. Want to loose 60 lbs by my 60th birthday. Welcome to MFP.
  • LoseTheWeightForeverMay2018
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and just joined today. I've heard some great things about this site.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 56 and have been on site for 7 weeks. Add me if you want.
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    that's me baby! add me, i am in the 60 group!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50, 5'6", 288, down 74 pounds with about 100 more to go. Feel free to add me.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    63, retired and living in the middle of France with my much (8 years) younger wife. Feel free to add me, too.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and have been here for over a year. I actually seem to be a counsel for some of those youngsters you mention.

I have dropped over 55 lbs so far.

You are welcome to friend me and if I can be of help or support I will.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself old but more like experience!!

You are as old as you feel.

Welcome to MFP!!

Herb
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I too am 50 ish (just turned 51 a few weeks ago lol......new to boards too, been on and off MFP for a few years, mostly off, but started back last monday after a reality check on the scale...HUGE NSV for me is I have journaled my food every day this past week....welcome!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47, just been here a few weeks, you can add me if you like :)
  • MarthaNelson1010
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hi! I am just starting and I really need support to get going in the right direction. Once I set my mind to losing weight it is easy to stay on the diet! Just getting started is the tough part. I am 67 and I am ready to retire because we are so busy. I am a Pastor's wife and we have a lot to do for the Lord's work. I don't get much exercise because of being at the computer a lot a work. I read that sugar is bad for us and can give us a shorter life and age us with arthritis and CA. As we get older sweeter things taste better so another problem! Looking forward to seeing your results as well as mine! MNelson
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm 50....feel free to add me...Been here a long time with no intention of going anywhere but forward!! XO
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I've sent you a friend request. I'm 50 and have lost 48kg's (106 pounds) this year, so yes it can be done! :)
  • 100n1
    100n1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi

They say every year is an accomplishment.....I am 61 ( and dyslexic enough to think I am 16 sometimes!) so you aren't the only
    "accomplished" lady out there!:love:

I haven't got a photo posted yet, but would love it if you would want to write to me about our weight loss adventures.

Thanks

100n1
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    52 here. I think you see quite clearly that there are alot of people on MFP in any age group. I'm not here for improving my looks - just improving my health.
  • CindyBlakeGoble
    CindyBlakeGoble Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    42 here and have been on for about 3 weeks....Glad you are here:smile:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    49 here, will be 50 next July. Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm 54, found this site the day after Thanksgiving, and feel better already! I sent you a friend request, and also hope to make friends of all ages to support in the lifelong journey.
  • cantweight6
    Options
    Hello, I'm 48 and new as well. Looking forward to this journey and would be more than happy to be part of this support group. :)
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am 54, 5'9" and have lost 29 lbs so far in the 11 months I have been on MFP. I have lost 100s of pounds in my life and gained them all back with interest. This time, thanks to MFP, I have lost the weight the right way. The support and knowledge that I have gotten from this site has been fantastic. Even as a child, I hated physical activity and would rather curl up with a book than a barbell. Now I have a gym membership and a heart rate monitor and look forward to moving. It amazes me as much, or even more than it does my family.
    The very best of luck to all of you! If I can be of any help or if you need a cheerleader in your corner, feel free to add me. :wink:
    Cheryl