Older members?

Options

Replies

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    62 and the body can no longer keep up with the brain. Add me if you like.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    "Youth is wasted on the young" (Oscar Wilde), but I think it's supposed to be that way. Anyway, everyday, you are as young as you are ever going to be.
    I miss my 20 year old body....but I don't miss my 20 year old mind haha

edit: Just turned 50, feel kinda weird about about....kinda ambivalent too though.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and retired. You can add me. I have been here for two years now.
    Great group of people and lots of challenges to keep you motivated.
  • sandyn135
    Options
    I fit that qualification...!! :wink:
    I'm also new and really like what this site if offering. I guess I will learn as I go and hope to meet some new friends dealing with weight loss as well. I need motivation to stick with it!!!!
  • sandyn135
    Options
    Today is my first day on this site and I really like what it has to offer....I'm looking for people around my age group....I just turned 50!!
    How does one add someone as a friend? Is it like Facebook where you ask first and then are excepted? Can someone explain the process to me?
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me, I joined September 22nd of this year. I am 55 !
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Turning 51 this month and have been at this almost 2 years (as of next February). Feel free to add if you want.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 49 (really) Been on MFP for nearly 2 years. Add me if you'd like
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 so you're not the only one.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    52 and been here for 3 years now.

My, how the time has flown by. :bigsmile:
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    48 here , been here about 6 mths
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    I'm 55. You can friend me at your own risk :drinker: Other oldies here can too, but put a note with your request.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. If I'd had any idea how adorable and healthy I was at 20, when I actually was 20, I think I wouldn't have ignored those aspects of myself at that time. (Does that sentence make any sense?) I certainly didn't find any value in myself back then.
  • flajocar
    Options
    47 and feeling 27! Love this site and all my "friends" no matter the age. have some great supporters!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    49 here - joined Nov 2011 with the goal of wearing a two-piece by my 50th birthday! Just over a year later, I've been at maintenance since Sept 2012 and am in the best shape of my entire life! (Thanks Jillian Michaels :smile: ) Bought the two-piece - just have to get the courage to wear it as I have NEVER worn one! I believe you can achieve anything you want regardless of how old or young you are! Please feel free to add me. The site has been the difference for me!
  • 4CVP
    4CVP Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new as well and I am almost 62. I have a goal of losing the 15 pounds that I have gained since I hurt my knee skiing. I also just want to be in better shape. I am a very active hike, kayak, ski, golf etc and want to stay that way. Fitness Pal has helped so much this first week by making me more aware of what I eat how much exercise I am getting. I love this site! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • bonitabarr
    bonitabarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 56 with arthritis in both knees. It is very hard but trying to work it out and get healthy. Anyone can add me as a friend if you like.:flowerforyou:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 56 in a couple weeks.Been here for over a year now, and plan on sticking around alot longer. I am just trying to maintain now. I have lost some weight before MFP and 35lbs since I joined.Any of you can add me as a friend.
  • want2lose20now
    want2lose20now Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 55, have been on MFP a couple months, was just going to use it to track my food, but now see how helpful it would be to get/give encouragement. It is a lot harder to lose the weight as you get older. I lost 10 pounds before starting MFP and only 5 lbs. since. Still working on finding the "magic" number of cal. to lose weight. I have had some health issues the last two years, take meds, gained 35 lbs. crazy hormones! I STILL believe, that I can and will lose the weight. No excuses here :) I am very active... have been all my life. Would love some like minded friends :)
  • Sherrylyn3
    Sherrylyn3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:flowerforyou: I'm Sherrylyn, age 60 and a newly retired school teacher. I'm looking for female friends around my age who remember what their slender body was like for most of their life. So if you've gained 10-30 lbs in the last 10-20 years, friend me and leave a message. Thanks!