Giving up cheese

Options

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Giving up cheese will be one of the best dietary decisions you have ever made. It does NOTHING positive for you, but it's physically addictive, fattening, cancer promoting, and causes constipation. There is no reason to ever eat it.

nonsense.
    Wow, what a very well articulated argument. Good point, i'll be sure to consider that.

Please don't allow yourself to believe the lie that cheese is good for you. If you want to eat cheese, eat all you want, but don't delude

yourself into thinking it is good for human health.

it does not cause cancer

it is not physically addicting

ONLY a caloric surplus will make you fat...not cheese because it is cheese

it will not cause constipation if your diet is balanced with fiber

it has great protein and required fat

it tastes great

if not overly processed fake cheese, it IS a healthy food

Sorry, wrong. I personally love cheese, but it is not healthy, so don't delude yourself into thinking that it is. Cheese is the most prevalent source of dairy fat and, therefore, the primary source of exposure to dioxin which even the EPA admits is the primary cause of Kant types of cancer (Charnley, et al. Human Exposure to Dioxins from Food. 1999 - 2002. Food Chem Toxicol. 2005. May; 43(5): 657-660.). Cheese is a powerful inducer of acid load, which increases calcium loss, so that blows away arguments for eating cheese to boost your intake of calcium. Cheese has 10 times more saturated fat as a chicken breast. Even low fat cheese is a very high fat food.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Cheese, glorious cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Giving up cheese will be one of the best dietary decisions you have ever made. It does NOTHING positive for you, but it's physically addictive, fattening, cancer promoting, and causes constipation. There is no reason to ever eat it.

nonsense.
    Wow, what a very well articulated argument. Good point, i'll be sure to consider that.

Please don't allow yourself to believe the lie that cheese is good for you. If you want to eat cheese, eat all you want, but don't delude yourself into thinking it is good for human health.

it does not cause cancer

it is not physically addicting

ONLY a caloric surplus will make you fat...not cheese because it is cheese

it will not cause constipation if your diet is balanced with fiber

it has great protein and required fat

it tastes great

if not overly processed fake cheese, it IS a healthy food
    I didn't say it caused cancer, but casein, the main protein in milk, has been shown to promote cancer growth in lab animals. The many epidemiological studies done on human populations show that higher consumption of dairy products and higher rates of certain types of cancer go hand in hand.

It IS physically addictive.

Milk is loaded with fat.

ANY food that does not contain fiber can lead to constipation.

Casein is not great protein, and animal fat is not required.

It tastes like a sweaty sock. You like it because you are addicted.

They let anyone on here nowadays.
    And January is coming....
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Cheese is gross. Once you stop eating it, you'll realize how disgusting it is. It just adds zero value to anything. It's a horrible food product. Its just a big giant glob of fat. Why would you put into your body that which you are trying to get rid of?
    There is nothing true about this statement.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    easy_cheese.jpg
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to give up cheese? If you cut things out just like that it could all end in tears...
  • ewells2420
    Options
    My stance on this is you MUST learn self control or you will probably not lose weight, or keep it off. For all the fad diets and recomendations you read here it all comes down to self control. If you are truely ready to lose and keep it off, you must first master self control.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I gave it up for a while - didn't fit into my calorie target, and helped me deal with the craving. Now I'm starting to add it back into the mix as part of a more balanced, healthy diet. I do love it, but giving it up for a while helped me deal with it better.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    easy_cheese.jpg

I like cheese but that makes me want to puke.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Here is why I gave up cheese. I hope you have a few minutes to watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bavqEcofOK0
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had to give up all dairy when I was breastfeeding becuase my daughter had colic issues. Colic is hell, and giving up dairy was a HUGE deal for me . . . but having her cry until 5:00 in the morning was my motivation.

I did GREAT. I discovered that I "farted" alot becuase of eating dairy. How did I do it? Well, they make some great alternative cheese and milk products.

The soy cheeses (found in the produce) are really good. Especially when melted. I use the mozzerella for Italian food adn the jalepeno cheddar cheese on my 1% eggs.

THe almond milk and soy milks are also yummy. But, watch the calories becuase they are sometimes loaded with sugar. Look at the labels and try the "middle" calorie one. I think my coffee actually tastes better with them in it.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Noooooo!! January IS coming! AHHHHH.

Also, cheese. Mmmm. I love cheese, especially blue cheese. I really do not see the harm in just.... you know... fitting it into your macros.

Absurd, I know.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    What is real cheese? I didn't know there was fake cheese.

I consider Kraft cheese slices to be fake cheese. I call it plastic cheese.
  • ewells2420
    Options

It seems like (and I like how they left that part out) those are specialty cheeses you wouldnt find in most US stores.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

You would be surprised how much "other protein" your consuming all the way down the food chain. Please don't research this fact, it may cause you to starve to death.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

cheese alarm!
  • mfriel15
    Options
    Amen!!
  • ewells2420
    Options

Also, cheese. Mmmm. I love cheese, especially blue cheese. I really do not see the harm in just.... you know... fitting it into your macros.

Absurd, I know.

Why what happens in January?
  • tkcasta
    Options

In all seriousness, yes that's gross, but people eat bugs all the time, on purpose.
  • tkcasta
    Options

Absurd, I know.
    Why what happens in January?
    New years resolutioners