Coffee Quit Day Comes! 3,2,1,..

Options

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to "here" how you like it, or not. :laugh:

Hey TwentyTen, yes, I'm "hear." :smile: Nice job this week! You really did it! It was fun (maybe not as much for you) watching you go through this, and thanks for letting me tag along.

O.K. Teeccino review: Today I mixed 1/3 regular coffee with 2/3 Teeccino Maya Dark Roast and I liked it. So I'm thinking by Sunday, I'll drop the regular coffee completely. When the Teeccino runs out I'll probably just go to green tea. It's just faster and easier. Why go through the whole brewing coffee thing, if it's not real coffee.

Wow, we kicked caffeine's *kitten*. :wink:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to "here" how you like it, or not. :laugh:

Hey TwentyTen, yes, I'm "hear." :smile: Nice job this week! You really did it! It was fun (maybe not as much for you) watching you go through this, and thanks for letting me tag along.

O.K. Teeccino review: Today I mixed 1/3 regular coffee with 2/3 Teeccino Maya Dark Roast and I liked it. So I'm thinking by Sunday, I'll drop the regular coffee completely. When the Teeccino runs out I'll probably just go to green tea. It's just faster and easier. Why go through the whole brewing coffee thing, if it's not real coffee.

Wow, we kicked caffeine's *kitten*. :wink:

Hey yeah thats crazy! By the end of the day I can actually say I did a full work week without the stuff. Sunday , a full week. yay!
    Still wrestling , so not sure I feel ready to say i kicked it, but winning so far anyway. One more week staying awy and I will really feel like I have done it. I appreciate you holding my hand through it, and joining me.

I thought the same thing about the Teeccino and the whole brewing ritual. i threw away my coffee maker at home a couple years ago, and I am not sure how'd they feel about me putting some strange brew in he machine at work. So I will be stickin with the green tea myself. It's ok, maybe I will learn to love it.

Yeah wow , we are DOING it! Awesome.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I'm kinda wiped out tonight. Is it from the lack of caffeine?

Here's to a good nights rest twentyten.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Yeah, I believe so Panic. Was sooo tired by the end of my day today, and my motivation for exercise quickly dwindled. I did make myself take a brisk 20 minute walk after work, the weather is just inviting . But after 20 i was already tired. So, altho i am committed to 6 days a week at it , iI am giving myself a little break tonight. I figure quitting the caffeine and sugar at least deserved me a night off ,seeing as it was a year long battle to finally get it done.
    Yay for us. If we need to rest , I figure we deserve it!
    Also getting called in tomorrow for work added to my lack of enthusiasm for doing alot tonight. Funny tho;. I have gotten into the habit, and as i was settling in on my couch I thought , ya know what, I am gonna clean some house, Did the dishes while I was running in place, lol.

But yes, I have some friends in the medical field that say caffeine withdrawl can really be a tough one,Its a serious detox. So a bit of rest may be called for.

So anyway, YES DEFINITELY it can account for us feeling tired. I figure the energy boost is to come once that stuff is really out of our system,

Teeccino is supposed to get a good boost, have you not found that to be the case? Or maybe it just isnt the caffeine boost ,, so there still would be the detox from that..

Ha I am sure I must be making typos all over the place. My brain is still a little.. unorganized. But I am just glad the worst is over.. not completely free of it, but well on the way .

We are definitely doing our bodies and minds a favor , once the fog clears, it will be clear.. and this time I am never going back!

So relax, let your body adjust. Anyway thats what I am going to do alot of this weekend, hopefully. Oh I will get in some excercise, I am just not going to push myself. This was a major hurdle for me, and I am not great at taking on more than one of those at a time.

Gotta tell you, it was really nice to have someone join me panic..I felt sooo alone on this one, lol. Its a doubly whammy in my case because of the sugar issue, but this is going to make it much easier for me to soon cut out all refined sugar, because thats where I got the bulk of that.
    Dear me I am rambling..l.., easily lose my train of thought.. um where was I ? Hhaha

Drink more water they tell me, and then some more and then some more .. etc.. I am trying to do that

Oh yeah, was saying thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Twentyten, Good for you getting out there for a walk. Hopefully, it will let you sleep better. After this week, I totally agree with you about listening to your body. Rest will only make you stronger.
    About the Teeccino. You know, I saw how much fun you were having(haha) and I was getting impatient. I decided I was only dragging it out, so I figured I was done with it. At that point I kinda lost my taste for coffee. Teeccino is a good coffee substitute, if you want coffee. I never really liked green tea(especially the seaweed on the bottom), but I'm starting to. I guess I have to. Heck, I've already had 2 cups this morning.
    You did "me" a big favor starting this thread, so I really have to THANK YOU. You made it through a harrowing week and hung in there. I'm proud of you.
    I feel good today. Hope you do too.
    What's our next project? :flowerforyou:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Lost your taste for coffee, just like that? Hey that's amazing. I don't know if I will ever get there, ..well, at least it's a ways off.
    The Teeccino I am still reluctant on, because for me it was just as much about the sugar, and I am afraid I'd wanna dump some in that Teeccino. Green tea I find no desire to sweeten. I don't love it , but it's do-able.

I feel pretty good today too, compared with those tough days this week, I feel great. We did it!

Thankfully, I only had to work a few hours this morning, so my next lil project here is... nap time!! :yawn:
    I can't remember the last time I had a nap, so it's welcomed.

Sweet dreams , ah.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hey TwentyTen, :yawn: When I see that smiley guy, I feel like yawning.

Week 2, here you go. That was a major accomplishment. I went back and reread your posts again. And I have to say, you have come a long way in just one week. Wow.

Back to the real world tomorrow. Each day should be getting easier and easier. At least I hope so. Definitely stick with the green tea. Don't drink anything you are tempted to put sugar in. You've come too far now.

Take care TwentyTen, you should be really proud of yourself.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Thanks Panic. Yes I made it over the hump last week, but this is where I often give in, thinking I went a whole week, one on a Monday won't hurt.. then next thing you know, it's Friday too, and before you know it, I am hooked again. So, yeah, I have to still really stick to it. The temptation starts today. The Starbucks is always there to greet me at the door at the grocery store. I have never not gotten one to sip as I did my shopping. So here we go, hopefully the lack of it won't make my weekly shopping list all wonky, lol.

So, on to week 2, you are so right I come too far to blow it now. I do not want to go through another week like that. I don't think I will feel I really accomplished this until I get through a full month.

Huge cup of green tea, and I'm off!

I HAVE been that yawning smiley guy all week. When I see him I want to slap him. Where is the slapping smiley? :tongue:
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started drinking coffee when I started MFP. I drink decaf, black, and use splenda for sweetener. If it weren't for coffee I would be putting something else in my mouth (food). I drink about 6 cups a day during my work week and less on weekends. Is coffee really that bad?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I started drinking coffee when I started MFP. I drink decaf, black, and use splenda for sweetener. If it weren't for coffee I would be putting something else in my mouth (food). I drink about 6 cups a day during my work week and less on weekends. Is coffee really that bad?

My post on 2/16 has a link and a few words about why it could be bad, It was definitely bad for me because I packed mine with sugar, and always made it verrry strong. There are different views on the stuff, in some ways they say it can be good for you, just not the way I drank it for sure. Just be careful you don't get too dependent on it, because quitting is no picnic.

http://food-facts.suite101.com/article.cfm/adverse_effects_of_coffee_drinking

And although he is controversial Dr. Nicholas Perricone blames it for causing inflammation. "Coffee has organic acids that raise your blood sugar, raise insulin. Insulin puts a lock on body fat. When you switch over to green tea, you get your caffeine, you're all set, but you will drop your insulin levels and body fat will fall very rapidly. So 10 pounds in six weeks, I will guarantee it."
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

My post on 2/16 has a link and a few words about why it could be bad, It was definitely bad for me because I packed mine with sugar, and always made it verrry strong. There are different views on the stuff, in some ways they say it can be good for you, just not the way I drank it for sure. Just be careful you don't get too dependent on it, because quitting is no picnic.

http://food-facts.suite101.com/article.cfm/adverse_effects_of_coffee_drinking

And although he is controversial Dr. Nicholas Perricone blames it for causing inflammation. "Coffee has organic acids that raise your blood sugar, raise insulin. Insulin puts a lock on body fat. When you switch over to green tea, you get your caffeine, you're all set, but you will drop your insulin levels and body fat will fall very rapidly. So 10 pounds in six weeks, I will guarantee it."

Thanks, I will read that link. Green Tea is good, but I don't drink coffee for the caffeine, I drink decaf. I like green tea, cold, but then I would def be getting way too much caffeine.

Something good, something bad, always like that. :smile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Woo hoooo I did it. i made it to the grocery store without picking up a Starbucks. :drinker: Thats a first!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hey TwentyTen,

Great start to the week and way to stay on track. Are you starting to feel more energetic in the morning?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey TwentyTen,

Great start to the week and way to stay on track. Are you starting to feel more energetic in the morning?

Hm. Wish I could say I was. We will see s the week plays out I guess. i could really go for a coffee, right this minute actually, lol.
    I'll get over it sooner rather than later i am hoping. Week 2 is crucial, I absolutely must not crumble.

Thanks for checkin in on me Panic!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hm. Wish I could say I was. We will see s the week plays out I guess. i could really go for a coffee, right this minute actually, lol.
    I'll get over it sooner rather than later i am hoping. Week 2 is crucial, I absolutely must not crumble.

Happy Monday! I'll say it with you. Week 2 is crucial, You absolutely must not crumble!! Take one day at a time.

Good luck!! :drinker: green tea only!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hey TwentyTen,

Thanks for checkin in on me Panic!

You're doing fine. It takes time...you'll make it. Just focus on how much better your body and mind will function.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! Really helps havin' ya's in my corner.

Hows the Teeccino doing for you Panic? And the ringing in the ears, did that go away?

Here we go Monday. Bring on the day!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hows the Teeccino doing for you Panic? And the ringing in the ears, did that go away?

Hi MaidofAstolat! thanks for checking back.

Hey TwentyTen, Teeccino, no haven't had it since Friday. I'm starting to get used to the green tea. I might even say I like it now.

My ears are still ringing, but I don't think it is related to the coffee. Maybe in time it will go away. I don't think there is anything you can do for it.

I could never understand the people who jump out if bed, drink a glass of water, and get right into a workout. But, I think might start working out in the early morning. I don't waste time on 2 cups of coffee anymore. I feel most of my energy now is in the morning and at night I'm tired. I guess my body has adjusted back to normalcy. Like Maid said, you'll get there too.

You're doing great!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Whew, that was a manic Monday for me! And yet I did manage stay away from the coffee. I did, I did! Afternoon headache was nagging at me, but I hung in there.

Wow Panic, without having coffee, you've become a morning person??

Thats just crazy talk!! :noway:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I know, right?? I am now a morning person. It wasn't my choice. My body is pretty much telling me pick one or the other, because it won't do both, lol.

Way to hang tough on Monday, TwentyTen, tomorrow is already the middle of crucial week 2. I said this before, but you really have come a long way.

Hang in there!