Coffee Quit Day Comes! 3,2,1,..

Options

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I know it is late, but i am going to try this starting tomorrow. I don't even enjoy the coffee we have here, it is totally habit.
    And i really can't get over the useless calories in the creamer, and god forbid i drink it without.
    COFFEE BE GONE TOMORROW!!

Good luck with it cds, I think you will feel a lot better when you're done(maybe not right away of course). There is a herbal coffee website that has some pretty good tips about how to quit. Teeccino.com

Wish you the best.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey Panic, no, I appreciate you checking up on me! So far so good today. Still 9 hours left in the work day tho'. I am going to try and eat more fruit I think, maybe it will help with the energy drain.

So you seemed to drop the habit without hardly blinking even. So are you loving the mornings?

Hey TwentyTen, glad it's good today. Hope your catching up on your sleep, I'm sure that will help.

When I first started cutting down the caffeine, I did feel it. My head was pretty foggy last weekend. But I've been fine ever since.

Yeah, this whole morning thing is weird. I feel I have been sleeping better lately and I have been waking-up before the alarm. I like it. Except the part about yawning at 8 o'clock at night.

You haven't mentioned wanting coffee the last couple of days. You are almost home free.:wink:

Oh I have been wanting it alright. Was I not whining yesterday? Maybe that is progress. :tongue:

But I do feel better today than yesterday so far, feelin' like I have just about made it, yay!!

Me getting up before the alarm though..:yawn: ehh, I think you might find glaciers in hades first.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    OMG. I just went to go get my hot water for my tea, and ya know, it comes out of the coffee machine thingy there... So always I have to stand right by that coffee.. ANYWAY, for the first tim ever, it actually smelled kinda yucky to me.

Never thought I'd see the day! :happy:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    OMG. I just went to go get my hot water for my tea, and ya know, it comes out of the coffee machine thingy there... So always I have to stand right by that coffee.. ANYWAY, for the first tim ever, it actually smelled kinda yucky to me.

Well, its official now. You really have done it. I'm proud of you.

Soon you will be waking up before your alarm.(okay, that may take awhile) :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Whoohoo! You did it!
    IMO-I still love the smell and taste (but I get decaf when I really gotta have it).
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Can't thank ya'll enough for seeing me through this. Truly made all the difference. :flowerforyou:

I think in about a month I will try a coffee and see how it tastes to me after so long.. Not before then tho' !

Wondering how cds is doing today??
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Can't thank ya'll enough for seeing me through this. Truly made all the difference. :flowerforyou:

I think in about a month I will try a coffee and see how it tastes to me after so long.. Not before then tho' !

Wondering how cds is doing today??

It's kinda sad to see it end. :ohwell:

Time to tackle the next challenge. (Just let me know if you need a reminder that you CAN do this.)

Wish you the best, TwentyTen.
  • TwentyTen
    Options

It's kinda sad to see it end. :ohwell:

Time to tackle the next challenge. (Just let me know if you need a reminder that you CAN do this.)

Wish you the best, TwentyTen.

Yeah, I enjoyed your company through this Panic. And although it looks like I've licked it, there is always the possibility I fall off the wagon. It has happened before. I will just have to revisit this thread to remind myself just how hard it was getting to this point.

No huge challenges to take on at this point, aside from all the little ones I am making with diet and exercise. More water and more sleep I am working towards as well. Today marks one month since I joined. Never really thought it would inspire me or help me to tackle the coffee addiction. So getting that monkey off my back, and being 5 lbs down is great inspiration to keep forging ahead. So I will be around!

You can be sure if I feel myself slipping, or if I do slip, you are the first one I am running to.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    How did you two do over the weekend?
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Sweet of you to check in with us Maid. I did fine. Weekends are generally easier for me than the weekdays. On the week days there is always a fresh pot brewing at the job. Monday here and i am confident i will do just fine. This is where i usually fall off the wagon though, because I think I have it licked and I can go ahead and have one. Not going to do that this time!
    Gets easier everyday, just as you assured me it would.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Ha ha, Maid it's funny you asked that today. I went with my daughter to an early morning doctor appointment and I did have my green tea on the way. Afterward, we stopped at Panera Bread (BTW the "trail mix" bagel is awesome) and I was really dragging. I think I was actually staring at people, just watching them enjoy their coffee. TwentyTen just said what I was thinking "go ahead have one, just this one time." Monday mornings are hard. But I can honestly say I thought of you two and had water.
    You guys are the best. Thanks.

Nice job this morning also, TwentyTen!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Ha ha, Maid it's funny you asked that today. I went with my daughter to an early morning doctor appointment and I did have my green tea on the way. Afterward, we stopped at Panera Bread (BTW the "trail mix" bagel is awesome) and I was really dragging. I think I was actually staring at people, just watching them enjoy their coffee. TwentyTen just said what I was thinking "go ahead have one, just this one time." Monday mornings are hard. But I can honestly say I thought of you two and had water.
    You guys are the best. Thanks.

Nice job this morning also, TwentyTen!

Awe, you guys are sweet. :blushing:
    Also, in a month or so...try a cup of decaf and see if you even like it anymore. I have decaf (1 cup) about 2-3 times a month...when I'm out with friends and there are no other options. I still enjoy the taste but I only add 1% milk, no sugar, no cream and there is almost no caffeine. It's okay to enjoy the taste...just not the after effects.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I never thought i had a coffee problem before reading your posts and also from filling in my food diary- i have about 8 cups a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is waaaaaayyyyy to much .....trouble is i think it is helping me get through my quitting cigarettes , so dare not cut out coffee just yet ..... but i will be interested to see how you get on as its something i would like to stop in the future !!! Good Luck xxxxxxxxx

Quitting the smokes is a bigee! Excellent you are managing to pull that off Sarah, amazing even. i've tried and failed at that several times myself. For me , the coffee and smokes go hand in hand. I don't think I will ever quit the smokes until I can nix the coffee . When I was younger I would drink the stuff all day and all night. Not as many these days but they are way stronger and larger than I used to make them. Trying to keep it at no more than two a day until Sunday.

Yes dax, i know I am going to sleep and sleeeeeep. Wish I could sleep a week! Good for you for quitting the habit. Coke is about as evil I think. Surely you are better off without 20 cups a day in your system, yikes!

Thanks for chiming in everyone!

Jane,

I totally agree with Sara - I'm in exactly the same boat. I see nicotine as being the bigger threat myself (12/1/09) and my coffee went WAYYYYY up and now - all of a sudden in just the last couple of days - it's dropping. A pot a day to 2-3 cups a day... overnight? WHAT??? For the nic, have you used any aids? The coffee is just going to suck, with or w/o tea! I so wish you the best on that one!!

I'll have to read the updates soon - but I MUST get this paper done! LOL (stalling)
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Maid, today would have been the perfect day for decaf. I really just wanted to drink out of a coffee mug. Like a grown-up. :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Maid, today would have been the perfect day for decaf. I really just wanted to drink out of a coffee mug. Like a grown-up. :laugh:

:laugh: I usually have my tea in a mug at work...just so I don't feel too left out by the coffee fiends around here.
  • TwentyTen
    Options

Tell me you are not drinking your tea from a sippy cup. :noway:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Tell me you are not drinking your tea from a sippy cup. :noway:

That made me laugh. Yup, thanks to you I can now think of my travel mug as a "adult sippy cup."

I like it.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So, Ten - looks like you did it! CONGRATS! Alot better than me! :laugh:

How are you feeling so far? About half-way through the day - you hangin' in there okay? Living by the 5 minute rule?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    So, Ten - looks like you did it! CONGRATS! Alot better than me! :laugh:

How are you feeling so far? About half-way through the day - you hangin' in there okay? Living by the 5 minute rule?

Hey yeah, I am on week #3!!!!!! The first one was wicked, as Panic and Maid here can attest to. I was really feeling it for the first 10 days before the fog started to lift at all. Now I am good! I am over it! Panic too, now he is even a morning person. :happy:
    I still am a bit tempted, but I know I never want to go through that quit again. No way. The green tea helped a little I think.
    Not sure I could have done it without the hand-holding. I have tried and failed too many times before, and this time I really got it licked. It's a good feeling.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    How are y'all doing today?