• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Way to go you guys! Y'all can do it! :bigsmile:

Thanks Maid, you're sooo nice!

:blushing: Thanks.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Yes Maid, thanks a bunch for th encouragement. It helps!

Yep, I have made it halfway through Tuesday, again it's crazy busy at work , and another 10 hour shift. So it isn't half over yet. To give in now would just be lame tho', so I am feelin good about making it through the week.

Panic and Maid thanks so much, really not sure I could have got this far without ya's

:flowerforyou: .
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Yep, I have made it halfway through Tuesday, again it's crazy busy at work , and another 10 hour shift. So it isn't half over yet. To give in now would just be lame tho', so I am feelin good about making it through the week.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about you being successful this time also. You won't give in. Not now. You're really showed how strong you've become. I was just in one of those giant bookstores with a Starbucks and I could smell the coffee in every inch of the store.(yeah, it smelled good :smile:)

TwentyTen, you have kicked a major habit. Wow.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Just had a little panic in the kitchen at work here. The green tea is OUT *gasp*. And, you know, I looked directly at the coffee pot. Lucky me it was empty as well!

Oh yeah how I notice the smell like crazy now. Even walking into the office now in the morning, it's in the air , and I am no where near that kitchen. Maybe I will buy a bag of fresh ground and set it on the desk just to sniff, lol.

No no.. I do look forward to the day I don't crave it. It has been getting easier tho' by the day.

And you too Panic, you kicked the habit as well. Go us!!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Funny you say that. I was just thinking of carrying green tea with me. Not many of my friends or family would have it, at least I doubt they would.

You know if you could sell an air freshener that smells like fresh brewed coffee. Hey, we might be on to something there.

Take care TwentyTen. Hooray for the decaffeinated, green tea drinking, us. :drinker:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I feel so tired today.:yawn:
    Big sweet cup of java would really hit the spot.
    Maybe it's just hump day.

I'll hang in there tho', promise.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I feel so tired today.:yawn:
    Maybe it's just hump day.

I'll hang in there tho', promise.

You know better than to do that...:wink: . Drink your tea and carry on.
    Always keep your own stash at your desk...it's what I do (although I have a lot more than just green...I prefer herbals) Most of mine are also homemade blends...the hardest thing to find for me are decent tea strainers.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

:angry:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Ha ha, that was fun I never used this :angry: guy before.

Listen to Maid. Happy Hump Day!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    ok ok more tea, more tea :grumble:

I can't still be de-toxing can I ? Cuz I feel wiped.

Edited for typos
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

This was interesting. Can last up to nine days! Holy crap. Isn't tomorrow day 10?

Symptoms of caffeine withdrawal -- including headache, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and flu-like symptoms -- start around 12 to 24 hours after you stop drinking caffeinated beverages. They get worse over the next couple of days, and can last up to 9 days after you stop drinking caffeine entirely. The more caffeine you drink, the more severe the withdrawal symptoms. But everyone will eventually get over it.
  • TwentyTen
    Options

This was interesting. Can last up to nine days! Holy crap. Isn't tomorrow day 10?

Symptoms of caffeine withdrawal -- including headache, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and flu-like symptoms -- start around 12 to 24 hours after you stop drinking caffeinated beverages. They get worse over the next couple of days, and can last up to 9 days after you stop drinking caffeine entirely. The more caffeine you drink, the more severe the withdrawal symptoms. But everyone will eventually get over it.

Yikes, I think you get over heroin quicker than that!
    Hm. Well, today is actually day 10, so perhaps there is still some residual effects.

Perhaps its to do with the sugar, my body has been accustomed to huge doses , since I was born pretty much..
    i did find this tidbit :
    "A caffeine withdrawal headache might be quite painful, and can last for 2 days or more, while sugar withdrawal symptoms
    are usually milder but may last for a week or two."
    I am finding similar info regarding the sugar withdrawal
    Well, I am getting closer to the two week mark, can't slip up now!

Or, ...then again, maybe I simply just didn't get enough sleep. I will I will go to bed early tonight.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Well, I am getting closer to the two week mark, can't slip up now!

True that, Sista!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but how is it today?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey Panic, no, I appreciate you checking up on me! So far so good today. Still 9 hours left in the work day tho'. I am going to try and eat more fruit I think, maybe it will help with the energy drain.

So you seemed to drop the habit without hardly blinking even. So are you loving the mornings?
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I know it is late, but i am going to try this starting tomorrow. I don't even enjoy the coffee we have here, it is totally habit.
    And i really can't get over the useless calories in the creamer, and god forbid i drink it without.
    COFFEE BE GONE TOMORROW!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I know it is late, but i am going to try this starting tomorrow. I don't even enjoy the coffee we have here, it is totally habit.
    And i really can't get over the useless calories in the creamer, and god forbid i drink it without.
    COFFEE BE GONE TOMORROW!!

Hey that's awesome. It's never too late. Hope it's easier for you than it's been for me. Way to go!
    Make sure and check in to tell us how it's going.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hey Panic, no, I appreciate you checking up on me! So far so good today. Still 9 hours left in the work day tho'. I am going to try and eat more fruit I think, maybe it will help with the energy drain.

So you seemed to drop the habit without hardly blinking even. So are you loving the mornings?

Hey TwentyTen, glad it's good today. Hope your catching up on your sleep, I'm sure that will help.

When I first started cutting down the caffeine, I did feel it. My head was pretty foggy last weekend. But I've been fine ever since.

Yeah, this whole morning thing is weird. I feel I have been sleeping better lately and I have been waking-up before the alarm. I like it. Except the part about yawning at 8 o'clock at night.

You haven't mentioned wanting coffee the last couple of days. You are almost home free.:wink: