Have YOU ever been Stalked one MFP or else where?

Options
123457»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I haven't been stalked either. *kicks rock* :grumble: Some day.

Only because I'm that damn good.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I stalk my stalkers before they stalk me ;)

But seriously, ya, I've had a few in real life, that's scary stuff.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i am not cool enough to be stalked :cry:

^^that!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Not since college, but it was pretty harmless. I was nice to a guy that everyone made fun of because he had some type of delay, but I only ever saw him in the cafeteria. I was sitting in music theory, looked up, and he's watching me through the window in the door. He didn't have any reason to be in that building, and it freaked me out. My professor yelled at him, which made me feel bad, but geez!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I always get rid of stalkers by becoming their stalker...it's worked 100% of the time.

That method works great. I'll give that a shot.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Back in high school I am pretty sure I was.

Anywho...back ground story is that I hated the rush of cars trying to get to school on time so I would leave early and sit in the parking lot reading a book until right before the school bell rang. I went months with out incident but then next thing I knew a guy that I was always very nice too because he was real shy and I felt bad for him showed up early to school for some activity and found out I got there early every morning so all of a sudden he started too. What he didn't know is that he was interrupting my book time and every time he showed up and wanted attention I was getting more and more annoyed. He wasn't really a stalker per say just really enamored with me.

However apparently he must have said something to one of his friends and then the next thing I know a different guy started showing up early every morning. This guy though would park at the far end of the parking lot and take pictures of me with one of those fancy high powered cameras. If he'd only taken pictures once I may have thought nothing of it but it began to be an every day thing.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was dating this guy and it took me a few months to figure out that what I initially though was sensitive was actually super creepy tendencies. I moved about 2 hours away at the time and figured that would be it, but no instead of stalking me because he couldn't he was stalking the guy I dated before him and his little sister. I had a mutual friend explain to crazy ex that previous ex was well armed at all times and if the behavior continued he'd have bigger problems to deal with than just being crazy.

I try to keep it as vague as possible because my husband, our son, and I don't need anything threatening going on in our lives. We exist in a drama free zone and prefer to keep other people's crazy at a minimum.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I always get rid of stalkers by becoming their stalker...it's worked 100% of the time.

:laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I've had a few, but the creepiest was when I was working in Washington, DC and took the same train every morning and evening on the way to and from work, like all the other corporate lemmings. One day as I'm getting off the train, a guy comes RUNNING after me, calling for me to wait for him. He was generically well dressed, carrying a briefcase, looked like a normal guy, but I could smell the scent of lobbyist on him.

I waited for him and he greeted me like a long lost friend. He insisted we had met at Eastern Market (a place I hadn't been), but I figured it was just a case of mistaken identity and went on, a bit amused. Next day I'm getting off the train to head in to the office and I hear someone shouting. I turn around and there's Eastern Market, running after me again, awkwardly trying to engage me in conversation. I squirm out of it and he runs after me again to give me his business card. Lobbyist card goes directly into the nearest trash can.

For the next week, he's waiting at the trains for me, trying to talk to me and acting like we are the best of friends, then he started following me onto my train. I got freaked out and thought he might be going to follow me home. I had to do a few fancy train hopping maneuvers to lose him, and started taking different routes to work. Never saw him after that. He didn't seem dangerous, just a little unhinged. Since then, I am fine with being flat out rude to anyone who makes me uncomfortable in that way.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've had a few, but the creepiest was when I was working in Washington, DC and took the same train every morning and evening on the way to and from work, like all the other corporate lemmings. One day as I'm getting off the train, a guy comes RUNNING after me, calling for me to wait for him. He was generically well dressed, carrying a briefcase, looked like a normal guy, but I could smell the scent of lobbyist on him.

I waited for him and he greeted me like a long lost friend. He insisted we had met at Eastern Market (a place I hadn't been), but I figured it was just a case of mistaken identity and went on, a bit amused. Next day I'm getting off the train to head in to the office and I hear someone shouting. I turn around and there's Eastern Market, running after me again, awkwardly trying to engage me in conversation. I squirm out of it and he runs after me again to give me his business card. Lobbyist card goes directly into the nearest trash can.

For the next week, he's waiting at the trains for me, trying to talk to me and acting like we are the best of friends, then he started following me onto my train. I got freaked out and thought he might be going to follow me home. I had to do a few fancy train hopping maneuvers to lose him, and started taking different routes to work. Never saw him after that. He didn't seem dangerous, just a little unhinged. Since then, I am fine with being flat out rude to anyone who makes me uncomfortable in that way.

You look so pretty...eeeehhheeehhheeeee
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    some of my MFP faves live in a tree outside of my living room window.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Nahhhhh, I'm boring lol
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Question: Why don't you use your real name like everyone else on MFP?
    Answer: Exhibit A:
    Ah. Me. Someone mailed me a very... lovely...package to my home address. My fault.... I told him my last name and he quickly friended me up on every social network I existed on. I was pretty naive thinking that my info was fairly hidden. He's been blocked everywhere and told to take a flying leap.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have YOU ever been stalked on MFP....other social networks or in person!

This happened to me:

I believe this happened to me...the conversation was respectful but quite weird at times...as soon as any status change or if I made a comment on his status emails several...then it went from will you email again soon...I said if I have time after work I will but I'm not sure...then once I emailed...he would say to me....you promised you would email, I waited up for you, where was you... I woke up several time looking to see if you emailed...ok weird...then it was do you have any other progress pics what are you crazy...I did it one time then I thought this is crazy when he told me he looks at my profile many times a day...freakin me out a bit! My profile states Im a married woman with 2 kids and I have photos of hubby and I together...he said I thought you had a BF...I made this very clear that I have a husband...at first before the weirdness started I thought he was lonely and needed a friend to talk to but the the emails was strange...I really was considering deleting him he was acting very different then any of my friends on here but I thought well maybe I'm just over reacting and it's really nothing...so I talked to one of my most amazing long time male MFP friends...he said drop his azz and block him....I'm so glad I took the advice and dropped and blocked!!!

Tell me what you would do or if this ever happened to you!

As you know sweetie, if you ask me anything..you get the honest truth...as far as this fool goes...i'm glad you deleted him..blocked him..moved his *kitten* and erased him...as I said...this shouldn't be uncomfortable so once it passes that point...then its time...nothing is owed to him or anyone else...you made the right choice and i'll have your back always xoxo
    You are the best DJ...Always giving good advice to your friends with whatever problem or problems!!! Thanks for having my back Sugar! Xoxoxo
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    yes.