Really really frustrated...

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Does your mum have a slow cooker? You can just dump cans of beans, corn, salsa or canned tomatoes, onion, peppers plus some herbs/spices with either some chicken or turkey and cook for 8 hours on low. Takes 5 minutes out of your day to throw them in then walk away. If not then you can do similar in a pot and it'll take more time but in either case you can have enough made for a few days.
  • xoRein13
    Options
    I have absolutely zero experience in cooking like anything so... :(
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    At 23 years old you need to learn to cook.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

That's why you use recipes that tell you what to do.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Alright, I just changed my goals n such to account for the very active lifestyle I currently have with how my work goes. I'm still going to need to count at least an hour a day of work there as my daily workout, only after 4+ hours of actually working though... I just don't have time otherwise and I really do push myself at work for a good while...

If I had the time to actually work out at home with my treadmill I would but I just don't with the way things are going with the work hours this holiday season. Now I guess I have to worry about cooking food....

If you log your work over and above including it in your lifestyle, and then eat those calories back, I doubt you'll lose. Fudging the numbers doesn't do you any good. What you're looking to find is the difference between what you burn in a day and how many calories you need to stay alive. Eat somewhere in between them and you're golden. Pretending your "what you burn in a day" is higher or your "how many calories you need to stay alive" is lower won't actually change reality.
  • EstherSaji
    Options
    Hey dear,

Trying to lose more than 2 lbs is a very dangerous. If we try to do more that, it will affect our lean tissues as well. Weight will reduce, but not necessarily from fat.

Go to any good website, look for your BMR (Basic Metabolic rate). It will show you, based on your life style how much NET calories you can have on a day. Going below the NET calories is dangerous, it may or may not reduce weight, but will cause other diseases.

Your NET calorie = Food consumed - Exercise
    If you are doing 1000 cal exercise everyday, you food intake must be at least 2200 calories (bare minimum intake to lose 2lbs a week). If this is not happening, your metabolism will be affected, and chances of reducing weight is very very less. What actually happens is whenever you eat, body will strive to store all that food assuming body is in starving mode.

So eat healthy, exercise moderately, you can lose 2 lbs a week. You might have several reasons to reach 145 lbs by Dec but nothing is greater than a healthy body and healthy practice.
  • InPieces3
    Options
    Do you like Tuna? Fish? Chicken (no skin)?

High in protein for sure. :)

I've done a lot of research as far as things that higher in protein and cut back my carbs. I know what you are saying though.. something that is fast and easy is exactly that... easy to get and I know you are in a rush so that is what you grab.

Stuff that is boxed is usually very high in sodium. ((which you retain water that way and thus comes the higher numbers on the scale))
    Cooking at home (if you can) would be ideal.
    Carrots/broccoli/cauliflower are awesome quickies too!
    I eat a LOT of Chicken breast.... because the protein is high and I feel full way longer than if I had a bag of chips.

Does that help a little?

Fruits: Apples/kiwi/grapes/peaches/cantaloupe
    Protein: Chicken breast, tuna, fish, eggs, most beans, hamburger (lean), turkey, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, clams, crab meat.... for starters.
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I didn't get to see your diary as it is now private but what I recommend is just getting rice. That is super easy to make and it fills you up. You can use it with white meat chicken and different kinds of vegetables. As far as the exercise and time issue... not a lot of people have time to exercise, they make time to exercise. It's about what you want really and what you're willing to actually do for yourself to get there.

Just don't crash diet. That would be the only way to really drop 20 lbs. in a month but it's pretty bad for you, just sayin'.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I never cooked before either. Just google 'low calorie easy recipes'. Virtually everything I have made, has turned out well and tasty. For anything that takes anytime I make big batches and freeze them and can just pop them in the microwave and Bam, done. I still don't eat near as healthy as I should but this gives me variety and quick meals as I have a very busy week on weekdays.
  • michelleal90
    michelleal90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay now I just feel like total **** and like everyone is just beating me up....thanks guys....

don't listen to the buttheads! when i started this I ate clean and healthy for six months, and lost 30 lbs. Then school started and between that work and my 2 hour commute I kept on track calorie wise, but ate nothing but crap. I **gained** five lbs in three months and started feeling like crap. It has been one week of eating breakfast and fruit and veggies, and only a little crap and starting the couch to 5k program and i've lost five lbs. One month may not be realistic, but aim for changing your life, not your size and you have no idea how much better you'll feel about yourself.

good luck!
  • mlungren
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you two years ago. I exercised hard for two hours every day and barely ate 1200-1400 calories a day. It took 2 years to lose 20 pounds. There were times I gave up then would try it again. I FINALLY came across a website that would track my food and I began printing out daily journals to compare each night. What I realized was that I was not getting enough protein and was through the roof in sugar every day. I read some online articles about the way bodies process sugar and it was like a light bulb came on. I have a history of diabetes in my family and it is evident now that I am prone to that - my body does not process sugar very well. I changed my diet around completely. I doubled my protein intake (still getting 1200-1400 cals a day) and only allowed myself to get sugar through milk, carrots and apples, 30-40 grams a day, (no bbq sauce, ketchup, fruit juice, soda, granola bars, etc). I dropped weight so amazingly fast - I even cut my exercise down to 45 mins a day was still losing 5 pounds a week most weeks.

I'm not sure if it will help but it's worth a try. And, hey, it's even a healthy way to lose!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you like Tuna? Fish? Chicken (no skin)?

High in protein for sure. :)

I've done a lot of research as far as things that higher in protein and cut back my carbs. I know what you are saying though.. something that is fast and easy is exactly that... easy to get and I know you are in a rush so that is what you grab.

Stuff that is boxed is usually very high in sodium. ((which you retain water that way and thus comes the higher numbers on the scale))
    Cooking at home (if you can) would be ideal.
    Carrots/broccoli/cauliflower are awesome quickies too!
    I eat a LOT of Chicken breast.... because the protein is high and I feel full way longer than if I had a bag of chips.

Does that help a little?

Fruits: Apples/kiwi/grapes/peaches/cantaloupe
    Protein: Chicken breast, tuna, fish, eggs, most beans, hamburger (lean), turkey, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, clams, crab meat.... for starters.

I agree with this. Definitely look at your sodium - I don't think I've ever found a frozen meal that I felt good about once I saw the sodium in it.

I know something that keeps me FULL for a long time is oatmeal. I start everyday off with it now. So quick, and you can make it in the microwave. Add sugar free maple syrup and it's awesome!

Some good snacks are - fruits, nuts/seeds (make sure they aren't loaded with salt), hummus with carrots/cucumbers, pita chips, etc

for quick meals, I would suggest cooking everything on the weekend and pre-packaging your meals for the week. You can quickly cook chicken breast either in the oven or on the stovetop in a little water (I season it with garlic powder, onion, and pepper, cumin is also really good). Seal each up into baggies and either add to a salad or cut it up and add a little dijon mustard and dill on wheat bread. You can also easily make up like 4 or 5 turkey patties out of a lb of ground turkey meat. Add to a salad with some nuts, olive oil, and pepper, or put on some wheat bread or orowheat rounds for a turkey burger.

another thing I thought I would NEVER be able to make yummy is tilapia. I swear it is the EASIEST thing to make. Put it in a frying pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil, add some lemon pepper and garlic powder, cook just until it gets slightly crispy and it's AWESOME! throw some fresh green beans or asparagus in a metal strainer sitting inside a boiling pot filled 1/4 the way with water, generously sprinkle pepper and minced onion on top, cover and steam. One of my favorite meals!

If you're new to cooking, I promise these things are SUPER easy and once you get used to making them, it's nothing. You have to start somewhere!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So you want a plan that can probably work for losing weight that fast?

But since it'll be mostly muscle weight, you'll suffer some bad consequences later and almost certain failure for the long run.

In which case you can do this again next year.

Did you know yo-yo dieting can lead to some bad side effects on the body, besides the discouragement of regaining all or most of the weight again.

Anyway.

Diet should be 1200.
    Carbs should be kept under at least 50 g a day, all vegetables since you'll need the nourishment not to get sick and interrupt exercise.
    Protein should be kept at 50 g a day, you don't want too much to allow repair of muscles.
    Fat should be rest of the calories. Don't worry, fat doesn't make you fat.

Exercise 6 x week cardio only for 60 min.
    All out as hard as you can each time. Treadmill or Spin bike most effect. Elliptical if you can really get it up there. Doesn't matter if the performance drops, it should. As long as you feel like you are pushing it just as hard.

Drink your water of course.

Divide the meals up however you want through the day, doesn't matter.

Please take measurements at the start too besides weight.
    And please report back. No one has yet, either because they didn't do it, or something else happened.

So the desired effect that can be reached here is burning calories at a very high % of carbs.
    But you don't eat enough to replenish them.
    By the 3rd day, and of course the 4-6 days, you should be so low on glucose stores that you begin burning muscle for energy instead of carbs.
    Since muscle can only provide about 600 calories per lb in that manner, compared to fat at 3500 cal / lb, you get much more weight loss.

Lower protein is to prevent the repair that muscle has done constantly.

With less muscle comes less glucose stores so weight is lost there too, and that accelerates the effect even more.

This will be about the best your get, perhaps not to goal, but close.

Oh, each week you can eat 100 less calories, since with less muscle is smaller metabolism. By the end, you may actually be eating at maintenance level if it works right.

The weight will be gone, mostly muscle, so you may not look a lot different, but for everyone you tell, you can tell them you do indeed weigh less.
  • BattlingMaxo
    BattlingMaxo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Several people say eating 6 times a day is wrong, but it is from a doctor who is a bodybuilder, It's what most bodybuilders do and working out with weights is a must because depending on genetics a person dieting will lose about 20 to 25 % muscle. If you want to say it is wrong show me the scientific studies that say that. those macros are for somone that is getting cut, if she has too many carbs fat will happen, like i said she should be below maintenance but has to eat the proper foods
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If you want to say it is wrong show me the scientific studies that say that.

Pro-tip: You cannot demand, in response to your hearsay post which has no citations, that the internet prove you wrong with science.
  • BattlingMaxo
    Options
    One is Dr. Nick Evans book "Men's body Sculpting" he has been Bodybuilding over 20 years and had a fitness column over 10 years. This is what he says. a pro who works with body builders.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Also, opened up my diary and such to public views....

You eat A LOT of processed foods. They also don't seem to have much nutritional value.

That has nothing to do with weight loss.

That's cute
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    One is Dr. Nick Evans book "Men's body Sculpting" he has been Bodybuilding over 20 years and had a fitness column over 10 years. This is what he says. a pro who works with body builders.

So, you're quoting "Men's Body Sculpting" for a woman trying to lose weight? Wrong thread buddy. Men and women are different. Body sculpting and weight loss are different.
  • BattlingMaxo
    Options
    No, I e-mailed him and he said same goes for women. it's amazing that people give opinions and don't have a clue. The blind leading the blind. I don't make things up nor do I give my opinion. I get facts. To loose weight you need to do those things I mentioned before. it's true eveyone is a bit different but following those guidelines will get you ripped, My sister does the exact same diet routine and she 102 lbs and lost her belly fat. Dr.Evans is an orthopedic surgeon. body builder for over 20 years and had a fitness column for 10 years, he also works withy body builders What else do you need? It's not hard to lose weight
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No, I e-mailed him and he said same goes for women. it's amazing that people give opinions and don't have a clue. The blind leading the blind. I don't make things up nor do I give my opinion. I get facts. To loose weight you need to do those things I mentioned before. it's true eveyone is a bit different but following those guidelines will get you ripped, My sister does the exact same diet routine and she 102 lbs and lost her belly fat. Dr.Evans is an orthopedic surgeon. body builder for over 20 years and had a fitness column for 10 years, he also works withy body builders What else do you need? You are going saying you know more than him? I don't think you do.

I am not saying I know more, but I am saying general medical consensus shows that the genders are different. Studies have shown that the different make-ups of hormones as well as placement of fat make weight loss different for the genders.For references I give you Livestrong, the Journal of American Medical Association, Mary Kaye Sawyer-Morse (PhD RD LD), the American College for Sports Medicine, the National Institute of Health, American Journal of Preventative Medicine, etc. I could go on, I haven't even started on the large-scale British and Italian studies.
    I'm glad that Dr. Evans has helped you and your sister, but this post isn't about body building.