Trainer says to workout... Less?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

We once thought the world was flat but if I had to have an emergency surgery tomorrow do I want the doctor from 50 years ago or the one from today?

*racks brain for smart alecky comeback*

I got nothin. Well played, sir, well played

Lol I was expecting a whole new discussion on the modern healthcare system or for someone to ask if it was an American or Canadian Doctor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Yes much of the "common knowledge" from the last 50 years is wrong. I completely agree with the bolded section though. Progressively getting stronger is what increases muscle. The presence of or lack of soreness or pushing to failure is not the determining factor.

I find it hard to believe much of it is wrong considering that knowledge is the foundation of every program out there today. Nobody is talking about every set to absolute failure. At most 1 set per exercise can/should be done till failure. Any more than that you're talking negative returns for sure.

Not even that... intensity is far more important than anything else. Though taking a set or sets to muscle failure definitely ramps up the difficulty level of a workout, it's not necessary at all.