• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I need some me time.....
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    because prince charming is a myth

It's actually because women's idea of prince charming is a myth.

I have 2 friends that are single, well educated, have great jobs and are constantly told by women "you're not my type"....

WTF more do you want? The guys are smart, decent looking, can provide financial and emotional support but do not have 6 pack abs. They would love nothing more than to partner with someone and travel, buy a big house and have the dream...but women are always looking for "something else".

and they probably don't live anywhere near ME. lol :grumble:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    from personal experience and from reading this there are a lot of people who say that right person will come along. I don't believe this at all, mostly because people change and everybody has their own set of personal experiences as well. What exactly is the right person anyway? I do however know many who have 'settled' only to figure out they were compatible with somebody after all
  • Joethebull
    Options
    no idea how to date and 30, not attractive or smart, not good at video games despite playing them a lot, hate going to bars, and I am an extremely boring person.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Because I'm too much to handle.

tumblr_m751ffHAYl1rztcv6o1_500.gif
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I also have no confidence around the opposite sex. I assume outright that guys won't find me attractive because of my size. Sometimes I'm right about that (I decided to call it "White Boy Skinny Syndrome.") Sometimes I'm not, though.

I'm pretty clueless when someone is sending me signals that they are interested. Whoosh. Over my head.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    I also have no confidence around the opposite sex. I assume outright that guys won't find me attractive because of my size. Sometimes I'm right about that (I decided to call it "White Boy Skinny Syndrome.") Sometimes I'm not, though.

I'm pretty clueless when someone is sending me signals that they are interested. Whoosh. Over my head.

same here :/
  • mattwlj
    mattwlj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wish i knew, i guess girl's don't find me that attractive, or maybe I'm just getting all the bad ones
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Because I don't have the time or desire to date.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    im not single so i dont know
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I'd like to blame my boobs. Or pickles....
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options

serioudly whats wrong with ur boobs?! i hope u dont have a pickle down there, just saying
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am single because I can't find a non bat chit crazy woman! LOL
  • odusgolp
    Options

serioudly whats wrong with ur boobs?! i hope u dont have a pickle down there, just saying

They're HYSTERICAL! Seriously... they should have their own stand up show on HBO.

And Sublog, you shut your face and just marry me already.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I am single because I won't give someone a label as boyfriend/girlfriend unless they have way too many qualities that I like [Being able to act/dance/sing or play the piano like a virtuoso is just one of them]

And I have some people interested in me, but they aren't talented enough or they lack something.
  • Sublog
    Options

Judging by the way you're handling that pickle... I'd say YES!

Where's my ring? :bigsmile:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    from personal experience and from reading this there are a lot of people who say that right person will come along. I don't believe this at all, mostly because people change and everybody has their own set of personal experiences as well. What exactly is the right person anyway? I do however know many who have 'settled' only to figure out they were compatible with somebody after all

i think the 'right person' is one whose particular style of feeling/living makes you feel loved/safe/supported, and appropriately challenged, and brings out the best in you. And you do the same for them.*

And that could happen with probably a whole lot of people, it's just accident that brings x & y together.

* ASSUMING everything else makes sense (they have the same goals & you are at similar stages in life [not nec age]; not too much difference in earnings; they/you aren't already married, or didn't just take a job in another country)
  • odusgolp
    Options

What about an engagement squat rack or something :tongue:
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I am single because I won't give someone a label as boyfriend/girlfriend unless they have way too many qualities that I like [Being able to act/dance/sing or play the piano like a virtuoso is just one of them]

And I have some people interested in me, but they aren't talented enough or they lack something.

You used the word "weighted" in your profile. Time to lower your standards.
  • Sublog
    Options

What about an engagement squat rack or something :tongue:

Only if it has a nice soft mat in it so I can lay down. :)