Why are you single?

Options
Pretty simple for me. No confidence around girls. I've always been the funny fat guy or "the friend."

Replies

• brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Because I'm shy and just coming out of a ****ty relationship...lol
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im never good enough for the gals around me.
    If I can be honest, im thinkin about switching teams...it's that bad.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    because i realized i can still get what i want without being involved with the nonsense of a long term relationship. They're so time consuming.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Because I choose to be. I would love to find someone, but I've always believed that it is better to be alone than to settle. The right person will come along one day---that goes for everyone :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Because I won't settle and I haven't found what I'm looking for as of yet.
    I got divorced 1.5 years ago and haven't been on a single date yet.

I also don't make the time, quite honestly. I don't put myself out there and I haven't met anyone at all.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    was married for 18 years,single now for 11 with a few girlfriends in between,,non for very long,,like being single and the freedom it gives me,,I fish alot on the ocean, so if I happen to meet up with a girl who likes the same ,anything is possible
  • DatNative21
    DatNative21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    the nonsense, to busy doing mma and boxing also heading off to the navy next year better to be single when traveling the world.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my boyfriend when i moved 350 miles away. We both wanted it to work, but logistically it couldn't. I miss the closeness and would love to be in a relationship, but I don't know many people where I am now and I won't date just anyone.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm old, homely and bitter....but my cats like me (probably cause I feed em).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What MissAnjy said.

I got divorced myself 2+ years ago and I realized that if (and big IF on that) I ever were to date or get married again, it's not going to be someone I "settle" for. Plus I would like to meet my fitness girls first and basically be a better me before I try to jump into something that gets pretty complicated and emotionally draining.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Because I like being single! Ive had one to many douchbags as boyfriends and Im done settling. I know what I want and until I find it Ill enjoy being single!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    the gym is my boyfriend
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Old fashion guy + dealing with codependency = the most effective "friend zone" shield ever.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    Because our goals/dreams are taking us on two different paths...better to end it now, than to come to this reality later when it's gonna hurt way worse
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Up until recently, I was working 2.5 jobs, going to school full-time, and doing an internship. I didn't have time to go looking for anything but a one-nighter. Unlike some of my gal pals, I'm completely okay with that. I'm very "if it happens, it happens" towards relationships. I've watched some of my friends chase after relationships in the worst way.
  • TouchDownJesus
    Options
    Massive trust issues with men in general. Husband #1 cheated on me every tine I was pregnant, #2 did it once, and then again, and then online. Stupid, stupid me. Ad I have to ask myself, maybe it was me? Maybe I'm the reason they cheated? Nah, I don't think I want to go down that road again.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My husband decided he'd rather have an affair with his married ex he hadn't seen in 14 years than have a wife of 12 years and kids. His loss.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I was the friend zone guy too. then I learned this trick, you tell them how you really feel and some times it doesn't work out but when it does you get to be in a relationship with someone that you can chill with. been married to my best friend for almost 13 years. and yeah we've stayed friends for almost the entire time
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    small town, don't get out much, and no one seems interested
  • RissaRoo007
    Options
    Because being single is a gift! I have big plans to see and change the world, and I deserve to do so selfishly. The right guy will come my way, but I intend to live my life for me in the meantime :)