Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1. Asexual Aromantic.
    2. Hate relationship drama and stress.
    3. Hate the way lovey dovey BS changes people and pulls friends away.
    4. My standards are so high they'd fail a drug test.
    5. I'm a narcissist and I haven't met my doppelgänger yet.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Because I can't/don't trust anybody, and I won't let anyone close enough. Plus I have this noisy voice in my head that tells me I don't deserve a relationship :) all kinds of messed up here lol
  • InPieces3
    Options
    ::Shrugs:: I actually choose to be. If I want something, I can get it without the strings attached to it. I like that actually. I don't want someone around me 24/7 asking me where I've been or what I'm doing. I guess that is just me personally.... but if I wanna go out I go and don't have to ask anyone. Plus my youngest is 9 years old... I want my kids to be much older before I get attached to someone and bring them home. I've got a good thing going... I'm not about to mess it up with a relationship. ::Shivers::
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough confidence to actually talk to guys. I blush way too easily and I'm self conscious about that. And then I compare myself to other girls and think that guys would like them, more.
    I was in a long distance relationship that I put way too much effort into. The guy started dated his ex, again, and then told me that we were just friends.
    That, and I always fall for guys that I can't have.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Two words. Shy & Afraid.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Because I work 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. And I am out of the country 6 months of the year for work. And I have trust issues after my last 3 relationships.

Honestly, I just don't have the time or the energy to commit to a relationship. It took me a while after one really bad relationship to realise that I don't actually need a man in my life to be happy. I love having my freedom and being able to do what I want, when I want, without having to think about anybody else. However I think this is also made easier by the fact that I don't actually want to get married or have kids.

Being single doesn't mean I'm celibate though :)
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Because I've yet to find a man that truly keep up with/handle me.

And no, I don't just mean in the bedroom.
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Confidence is probably the biggest reason - at the moment I don't particularly love myself, so why should anyone else?
  • brightblader
    Options
    I don't know, it's hard to find cool people nowadays.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it's hard to find cool people nowadays.

This!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Divorced, work nights, not from around here, any time off usually spent with my kids
  • riviere1
    Options
    i worry too much about my body

i want to lose weight and get toned/happy before i indulge in any night-time activities with a man haha ;)
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    No one will like me
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    People always get intimidated by me
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Chicks don't dig pink bunny onesies.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Because I like gorgeous sophisticated men. There are not many of them.

But I'm not really single.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm sad seeing so many reasons of abuse and lack of trust... :(

Can absolutely understand and relate to the shy reason. We are all here to become healthier and better looking so just keep working on it. When you look and feel good, you get confident.
  • upere
    upere Posts: 4
    Options
    no confidence
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i worry too much about my body

i want to lose weight and get toned/happy before i indulge in any night-time activities with a man haha ;)

^this

I even broke up with my ex when I started to gain weight to save him from saying "oh ya that fat chick is my gf"

also, I'm super shy :embarassed:
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Because i'm too hot and sexy to put myself in a relationship with 1 person!