Replies

• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    because im too flirty
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    really struggle to find individuals who interest and excite me on both a physical and emotional level.

i still have hope though!
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Because I'm not the easiest person to get along with and I don't want to settle.
  • bruceinthepit88
    Options
    I'm picky and I am not financially independent. I want to learn how to cook and have my own place before I get a girlfriend. I use to always wonder what's wrong with me and why i never had a girlfriend.

But I realize that I should learn to be happy about myself first, before i take a step and let someone into my world. It wouldn't be fair for the girl if she was stuck with someone who asks mom for money all the time and doesn't really know how to cook that well. I have to finish school with good grades and learn to improve my character. So I'll be seeing more lonely weekends, but I'll gladly use that time to achieve my other goals in life.

^^^^THIS. You sir, are a hero to me !
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Couple of reasons..
    I got out of a 3 year relationship just a few months ago, and well he set the bar pretty high
    I have no desire to be in a relationship which is less than perfect
    Im happy as i am for now, I can do what I want when I want, no commitments to anyone, no needing to ask if its OK to go do something (not that i had to ask as such but now i can just get up and go and wont have anyone wondering where i am).

Though I did realise last night I am now the only single girl in the group now :|
    x
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Chicks don't dig pink bunny onesies.

Well then they suck....
    I have to say my ex wasnt exactly thrilled by my valentines day purchase of a bunny onesie :D! lol
    x
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Too busy actually. Study, work, doing fun stuf with friends. Also, I'm not really searching, think that will help too.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just broke up this weekend... First bf I've had in a long time, and he was a good one, but too much baggage.
    Oh, the ice cream I have consumed this weekend...
  • leligrace
    Options
    I'm single because I still don't see myself to be married yet. I still have some dreams and goals that I haven't achieved. And besides, I'm not in a hurry. But as of now, I don't have any plans to get married.

Being single is fun (as of now). I am freely whatever I want to do.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Because I like doing my own thing and refuse to settle into a relationship unless I am actually passionate about the person.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    because the relationship hit the end of the road.

Staying single for a while because the thought of getting back on the horse weirds me out. :noway:

I stayed single for a year and a half and enjoyed it. Yes I loved being in a relationship but being single is also good for the soul. It is where you learn who you really are as a person.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am picky when it comes to women.

I am old school!!!

Finding a women that can cook, drink, and has a sense of humor is becoming hard to find.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I spend the majority of my time working, focusing on my career. I'm concerned I'd put my work before someone else, so I just avoid the situation altogether.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't want a relationship going into college... High school relationships hardly ever last in college. Plus, I just wanna have fun next year;)
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Because I've not met anyone worth not being single for for a while, and I'm just not prepared to settle.

I'm 33, and always pictured myself having kids much younger than this, but there is still plenty of time.

I've been single about two years, and am definitely ready to settle down, but not until she comes along......
  • OnionGirl7
    Options
    Because I'm to afraid of getting into another bad situation again.

18 years of mental abuse followed by 18 months of mental and financial abuse. I won't do it again, chances are next one will be Physically abusive and I now know I'm worth more than that.

Besides I have a defense wall so high no one can get through, just in case they do I've dug a moat filled with bloody thirsty dribbling dragons and then for extra protection, I've added 100lbs of blubber as a cushion.:cry:
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've been single since my divorce. Not even been on a date and I find it hard to meet new people. Being an introvert and feeling fat and ugly makes life a little difficult sometimes. I am working on the feeling fat and ugly part - the introvert bit is harder.
  • VarnerChic
    VarnerChic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, wasn't expecting to read such honest answers when I opened this thread. I'm like many of you; single mom, going to school, working full-time, etc................

The bottom line? Too busy and probably too picky. That said, it is such a good idea to get to know who you are and what makes you tick before dating. Really bummed to read that so many people don't love themselves or have put themselves in an emotional box. Labels are confining and the one thing I've learned to appreciate about being single is the ability to work on my issues and CHANGE how I feel and what I think and how I act.

The desire to be in a fulfilling relationship (I believe) is God given and not something to be ashamed of wanting. But, there are worse things than being single......

“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained”-C.S. Lewis

Until I find someone that I respect, admire, and truly wish them well whether we are together or not, I'll probably stay single.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Because my ex split up with me. Nearly been a year and struggling to get over her still, mainly cos I see her every week and am trying to build a strong friendship with her.

She doesn't have the same problem though, its just me who needs to move on, easier said than done but want her to be happy so have to accept she will find that with someone else, and I honestly hope she does. But aside from that I have no confidence or self esteem, so see no reason for anyone to be interested.

also have close friends who are women that I spend a lot of time with, so that if people see us out they probably think that we are together.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Because frankly, I don't care.

I see no real point dating someone just to say that I have someone... to me thats stupid.

I'd much rather rock the single life, doing what I want, when I want, instead of having to worry about another person and their feelings/plans/etc.