Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Who want's to share half of the bed/pillows/remote control anyway?

Heh, I have a king sized mattress and some nights I wake up completely perpendicular to the original position I laid in.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, there was a divorce about 3 years ago, that pretty much settled the marital status deal. At my age, the dating pool is pretty shallow, let alone the marital pool. Having said that, I am enjoying the freedom after a 28 year marriage.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Got out of a bad marriage a year and a half ago. Then just got out of a bad relationship. I need to get my head straight again, put myself first and foremost and love myself. Plus it's gonna take someone pretty amazing to make me want to change my mind about being single.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    Because my kids have my :heart:, and I work alot jus trying to get them settled & secured... They be time for me in the future...
    :blushing:
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Because I'm afraid of openly being with someone, let alone someone I want.
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    As all the men I have dated have been b*****ds, to put it bluntly. They usually turn out to be married or about to get married :(
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    After taking him back, he's unsure if he wants me or not... :mad:

Been there with my ex. Definitely not worth it. You can do so much better than someone who is unsure if they want you or not
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Better to be single than settle. Mostly. I mean relationships are work and I often feel like I just don't have time to juggle one more thing. But maybe I just haven't met the right person yet.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Because I'm only attracted to guys who are self centred, immature, damaged and emotionally unavailable. Nice, functioning men need not apply.

OMG! I'm not the only one...don't worry luv, someday you'll meet one and either get tired of this douchebaggery or he'll decide you're worth putting out just a little more effort than usual...good god my life is flashing before my eyes.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I am single because I won't settle...I have yet to find someone who allows me to be myself all the time.

Why is it so hard to find a guy that can handle me?

I am a gal who LOVES football and baseball, and likes to watch as many games a possible with a drink or 2, enjoys a night out with the girls, knows how to cook a gourmet meal, pays my own bills, has my own place, a good job, and knows what I want in life...

The last guy I was with actually told me I was TOO good...I looke at him like he had 3 heads...lol. We went to football games, comedy clubs, trivia night with his friends, whatever....

When he came home from work, he would have dinner made for him, I put on his favorite baseball team, had him watching the game while I cleaned up and did laundry... we would have a little sexy adult time and then I would go home...his friends (the girls and guys) thought he was nuts for breaking up with me. His ex-wife even liked me. His children adored me. I am still friends with his friends and they all try to set me up with people..they say "if Jeff wasn't smart enough to keep you..then someone else will be.".

Since him I have had nothing but BAD dates....some of you have heard about them. I could write a sitcom based on them, some of them seem so hard to believe...:laugh:

Anyway, being single isn't bad. I like who I am, have a good life, and I have no shortage of dates..if that right guy happens to come around, then it is meant to be, if not...you won't see me crying at home on a Saturday night because I am alone....you will find me with my friends..out enjoying this wonderful life...:drinker:
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Because nothing has ever worked out for me. Its always the wrong person and the wrong time. i HATE it when people always say its whats on the inside that counts, This is true, but there is also attraction! You don't look across a room and say that's a beautiful brain! or boy those insides are hot! But once you find out that the outer doesn't match the inner! its over~ I want Chemistry, Love passion, friendship! We all have Issues, but if your not willing to work on yourself how do you expect to ever improve. You're no good to yourself or others! beauty is only skin deep! but ugly is to the bone!
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Remember! You get what you give! If you don't have anything to give, to another then keep it moving! Its not fair to suck the life out of someone. Everyone need to be validated! we all want to be heard! XOXOX
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Cause I am not the perfect guy! Lol
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    I figure it must be my weight. I get props on my laid back personality and am told I have a beautiful face. Who knew a size 16 was too big for love?

I definitely still put myself out there, but I guess it's just not my time....
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Because broken hearts are painful. One time was enough for me.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I am single because I won't settle...I have yet to find someone who allows me to be myself all the time.

Why is it so hard to find a guy that can handle me?

I am a gal who LOVES football and baseball, and likes to watch as many games a possible with a drink or 2, enjoys a night out with the girls, knows how to cook a gourmet meal, pays my own bills, has my own place, a good job, and knows what I want in life...

The last guy I was with actually told me I was TOO good...I looke at him like he had 3 heads...lol. We went to football games, comedy clubs, trivia night with his friends, whatever....

When he came home from work, he would have dinner made for him, I put on his favorite baseball team, had him watching the game while I cleaned up and did laundry... we would have a little sexy adult time and then I would go home...his friends (the girls and guys) thought he was nuts for breaking up with me. His ex-wife even liked me. His children adored me. I am still friends with his friends and they all try to set me up with people..they say "if Jeff wasn't smart enough to keep you..then someone else will be.".

Since him I have had nothing but BAD dates....some of you have heard about them. I could write a sitcom based on them, some of them seem so hard to believe...:laugh:

Anyway, being single isn't bad. I like who I am, have a good life, and I have no shortage of dates..if that right guy happens to come around, then it is meant to be, if not...you won't see me crying at home on a Saturday night because I am alone....you will find me with my friends..out enjoying this wonderful life...:drinker:

I can answer why it didn't work: You gave him WAY TOO MUCH. Men, although they won't admit it, like to chase. You gave it to him too easy. He didn't have to work for ANYTHING.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Because who needs a boyfriend when you can have cats.

:heart: :drinker:
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.
    That just mean they don't like us lol.
    If they find the fitness model millionaire they will marry him, divorce and take half ;)
  • Masqueraded
    Options

I can't answer for the other women, but for me settling is turning a blind eye to red flags, forgiving someone who lies and cheats, or putting in 110% when your partner doesn't even come close.

I've done all those things, which in my mind is 'settling' because I have alot of love to give and really hoped and thought I could love enough for the both of us.

Thankfully now I'm older and wiser but when I say I won't settle, it absolutely has nothing to do with looks, rather integrity and commitment to the relationship.