Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Because I'm too awesome...
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of reflecting on the guys I've dated and this is what I've come up with - I can (and will) find a man who is unavailable in SOME way, dooming a relationship to fail before it begins. For instance, my last boyfriend was 12 years my senior. He was a serious commitment-phobe and had no desire to ever get married or have children. Not the first guy I've dated with the same problem. The last guy I dated was here for two months before going back to Nebraska and then going overseas for his job. Another guy I went out with a couple of times was cheating on his pregnant girlfriend with me and I had no idea. Becoming interested in men I have no actual physical interaction with at all. All doomed to fail.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Because I can't pick which guy on the local hockey team. Why can't I date them all?? :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend of over 5 years and I broke up a few months ago. And I kind of like being single. It's all about me!
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    hmmm..... well a lot of times I think it cause of my size. I use to be rather confident person. I put on a few pounds and my confidence was shot. and I spent several months trying to ignore my confidence loss and be with someone and ended up settleing for someone that treated me wrong, cheated, and left after getting me pregnant. (This has been the result of both pregnancies: go on a depressed drinking binge and party and put myself out there *no not hoeish* but to seem easy and attract the wrong attention end up in a relationship never meant to be.

so now 2 kids, single, one baby daddy signed over his rights, the other in jail. I have decided to lose my weight regain my confidence and find the love within myself before dating again for real. I talk to guys but never progress further right now.
  • Madison1983
    Options
    Cause its way more fun :wink:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not single, I'm independent.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.

I love myself enough that I would rather be single than settle for someone I don't really click with. Being single is great, and if I find an awesome guy to share my life with, then great! But I'm certainly not going to mess it up by adding someone to the mix who is a nice guy but doesn't really get me.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Being single can't be all that fun
  • wakechick25
    Options
    I'm not as confident since I gained weight. I have become less outgoing and don't put myself out there as much for fear of rejection. However I am very independent and I'm not one of those girls that needs to be in a relationship, so being single isn't the end of the world to me :)
  • __F4t2f1t__
    Options
    bishes be crazy
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    bishes be crazy

Ain't that the truth.

He was a serious commitment-phobe and had no desire to ever get married or have children. Not the first guy I've dated with the same problem.

Why can I never find these guys? I have the opposite problem: I don't want to get married or have kids and all the guys I find seem to want that.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

He was a serious commitment-phobe and had no desire to ever get married or have children. Not the first guy I've dated with the same problem.

Why can I never find these guys? I have the opposite problem: I don't want to get married or have kids and all the guys I find seem to want that.
    I've been married, now widowed, and I've got two great kids, both grown and independent. Don't want to do either of those things again, I just want to have some fun and share life with someone special.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Many people say being single is fine, and they love it and its for them, and that's fine as long as its true then great, but for me I don't want to be single.

I want to find that special person, the person I would do anything for, who loves me as much as I love her, who enjoys my company, trusts me completely and accepted me for who I am, as I accept them. Not interested in finding someone to change, or who wants to change me, there's no point to that, I would consider changing for them but not if they forced me to.

I thought i'd found that but she decided it wasnt the case for her, so now am single whether I like it or not!!! Don't rate my chances of that changing either seeing as she's the only person who's ever been interested. So just have to accept this is it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Many people say being single is fine, and they love it and its for them, and that's fine as long as its true then great, but for me I don't want to be single.

I want to find that special person, the person I would do anything for, who loves me as much as I love her, who enjoys my company, trusts me completely and accepted me for who I am, as I accept them. Not interested in finding someone to change, or who wants to change me, there's no point to that, I would consider changing for them but not if they forced me to.

I thought i'd found that but she decided it wasnt the case for her, so now am single whether I like it or not!!! Don't rate my chances of that changing either seeing as she's the only person who's ever been interested. So just have to accept this is it.
    More time to get ripped. S'all good.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Because I tend to fall for guys who like to dissapear when things get past 3 months..
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    bishes be crazy

Yep.
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.

Also, men are the SAME WAY!
  • ceecee7636
    ceecee7636 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Cos I'm not good enough. I've been single for ten years and no one wants me beyond a roll in the hay.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Because im just so damn fabulous and no one can handle ALL THIS :)