Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• isitsororo
    Options
    Because I'm not interested in dating anyone. Tried it, got bored, never again. I'm happier like this.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That's where you're wrong. I'm in a relationship, but hands down, I had probably the most development and growing when I was by myself.

My man is absolutely amazing and I love him with every ounce of my being, but I do sometimes miss the single life. I was by myself for 3 1/2 years and refused to be in a relationship. I had so much fun.

edit: this was suppose to be a quote for saying "being single can't be that great"
  • kayteesb
    kayteesb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Because I don't think I'm worth it. And I really, really, really, really like cats.

I must ask...Why? Are you saying you are not worthy of a healthy & loving relationship? Is it a self-love issue?
  • kayteesb
    kayteesb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.

Also, men are the SAME WAY!

when i think about not wanting to "settle" for someone, it's not a physical issue or a financial issue. i would just rather be alone than with someone who doesn't fulfill me intellectually and emotionally, or with whom i don't share values, dreams, goals and/or physical chemistry (which, incidentally, has little to do with appearance). there's nothing wrong with being patient for the person who is truly right for you :)

I couldn't agree with you more. I am one who stands by the ideal that complimenting one another is great but do not have a laundry list of expectations for a potential mate that YOU cannot meet!!! It all starts with self-love and knowing your worth. Once you have that most everything else will fall in place.

I am perceived as successful, driven and whatever else and the truth is that I believe I have more to do. I am what some would call accomplished but I do not expect my man to have the exact same things as I do. Let's mix it up! Be strong where i am not so strong. Be my cheerleader at all times AND lovingly check me when necessary. I love a wise man who has my back and is strong and smart enough to pull me to the side or when we get home and say "hey, you were wrong sweetie. I know you got upset but you went too far" OR "baby, let's consider the entire picture - she is a friggin idiot and all we can do is pray for her and keep it moving...no need to go off on her again" LMBO!!!

My requirements are fairly basic. It starts there. When you know who you are, what you stand for, and what your standards and requirements are; then you will or at least should gravitate towards those individuals. It isn't always easy...I admit that. I am just saying that it is necessary for us to love ourselves. If we have trouble doing so, take time and learn how to.

I am learning quite a bit right now too. I was single as in unmarried (need to make that clear) by choice. I decided to get into a committed relationship b/c I believed I'd met my match. I am still single as in unmarried (again, I need to make that clear) b/c I realize not everyone is who they say they are and when I am perceived as the girl who has it going on, they may get over on me by exaggerating their truth a bit. Not cool. Just real. Still learning and happy doing so!
  • Procrastinator36
    Options
    .... because I am fussy and way too fat ....
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Because the guys I have chemistry with act like lost little boys who don't know what they want in life. And the guys who do have their *kitten* together and treat me very well....I have no real chemistry with. Or lukewarm chemistry at best. I have issues of my own too, of course. To me, settling means pretending to be content with an incomplete relationship. Who the hell would want to do that??
  • wannadance
    Options
    Because I am working on me basically - I was so closed off for years and didn't let anyone in, but am trying hard to change that and get back to the open happy me I was (and it's working, yayy!!) :)

Plus I'm not willing to settle for the creepy slimes that seem to see me as a 'nice' / 'shy' target - no sir-ee!! I deserve better than that. I'm not in any rush either which probably doesn't help - I can cook, do my own home maintenance, I have a place, a job, friends and I like my space - I figure I'm doing quite well just as I am..

Still.. I'm secretly keeping an eye out for a decent guy with a great sense of humour who doesn't spend all his time boozing it up / playing video games.. we'll see..
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I left my ex just over two years ago because he turned out to be an *kitten*, and emotionally disturbed. Since I have dated two guys but neither were the right guy for me. After my last serious relationship I promised myself I wouldn't settle. I'd rather be single than do that, so I'm waiting for someone awesome. In the mean time, I am focussing on myself and achieving my goals.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't like things other people my age like and that can make me seem a little weird.
    I always convince myself that people I like will never like me.
    It takes a lot of work to get me to open up and really trust people and most of the guys I know don't want to put in the work.

Amen, sistah friend.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've been told that my standards are too high.

Why is it too much to ask that the man possess approximately the same intelligence level that I have? Honestly..
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Girls get intimidated by me :(
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    no one wants me and i have been told i am to ugly and fat
  • nicalexx
    nicalexx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Trust issues from terrible relationships that left me completely broken with absolutely no confidence. I guess I have certain standards but feel that I don't deserve to have those standards met, therefore date the jerk. Lately, I just don't date and I am chalking it up to my physical appearance, I am too big for someone to be attracted to.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Because im just so damn fabulous and no one can handle ALL THIS :)

*High five* plus *3 snaps and a circle* That's right girl!
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oh hell....after reading all of these, staying single is seeming more and more appealing lol...
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Because 95% of people have various mental disorders... abandonment issues, insecurities, communication problems, depression, mood disorder, anxiety, autism and related conditions, etc.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Because 95% of people have various mental disorders... abandonment issues, insecurities, communication problems, depression, mood disorder, anxiety, autism and related conditions, etc.

...and the remaining 5% are pessimistic? Sorry. couldn't help it. I'm just joshing ya.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    because prince charming is a myth
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Because it's either been any one or some combination of wrong person, wrong place, and/or wrong time.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Creepy weird guys & "taken men" like me.
    The guys I like don't notice me...